icanbenobody

filipina ROM seeking some advice

16 posts in this topic

hi guys i wanna ask some advice from filipina members here about ROM..what should i do about it..how and where should i do my ROM?  and what are the requirements? is there any interview? and where? i did some research and its a bit confusing..thank you so much.

What is ROM? What does it stand for? Please clarify.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

ROM is a Report of Marriage to the Philippine government.

Gaski I am not a Filipina but my Asawa and I did this last year, if within 1 year of marriage, there is a link at the Consulate that supports your state, we live in Ohio and ours was Chicago, Il, we downloaded the form, filled it out, included a notarized marriage certificate and a check for $25. If after one year you need to provide an explanation of late registration. Just follow the instructions on the consulate website, it was super easy. Took about 6 weeks to get the paperwork back

No interview just a form and s check

Edited by Randyandyuni

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Randyandyuni. I’m also gonna have to do report of marriage. So that’s all I need? How about this part, □ One (1) original or certified true copy and five (5) copies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned) showing the number of marriages contracted by the parties and issued by the Office of the Vital Records or any other appropriate office of the State where the marriage took place. If the number of contracted marriages do not show, one certified copy and two regular copies of the marriage license showing the number of marriage must be additionally submitted.

what about this showing the number of marriages contracted? 

*** Moved from Adjustment of Status to “Philippines” forum. OP will get more help on country specific topic ***

Thanks for the clarification.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

http://www.chicagopcg.com/services_consular.html

This link for the Chicago Consolute, go to report of marriage section

Page1 is application

Page2 is requirements (penguinista, you are correct in copies)

Page3 is the form for late registration

They return the original copies 

Sorry I forgot about the copies, been a while since we did that)

Edited by Randyandyuni

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Randyandyuni but what if my husband and I didn’t have previous marriages? It seems like they are asking number of marriage. I maybe just confuse hehehe. I tried calling the San Francisco consulate last October 31 and it’s only 2pm and no one was answering the phone already. 

9 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

Randyandyuni but what if my husband and I didn’t have previous marriages? It seems like they are asking number of marriage. I maybe just confuse hehehe. I tried calling the San Francisco consulate last October 31 and it’s only 2pm and no one was answering the phone already. 

Then you would not need to send in those other copies of divorce or anullment, they are only requirements for Filipino with a previously divorced foreign spouse. 

4 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

ROM is a Report of Marriage to the Philippine government.

Gaski I am not a Filipina but my Asawa and I did this last year, if within 1 year of marriage, there is a link at the Consulate that supports your state, we live in Ohio and ours was Chicago, Il, we downloaded the form, filled it out, included a notarized marriage certificate and a check for $25. If after one year you need to provide an explanation of late registration. Just follow the instructions on the consulate website, it was super easy. Took about 6 weeks to get the paperwork back

No interview just a form and s check

oh thats very helpful thank you so much

Edited by gaski

12 hours ago, gaski said:

hi guys i wanna ask some advice from filipina members here about ROM..what should i do about it..how and where should i do my ROM?  and what are the requirements? is there any interview? and where? i did some research and its a bit confusing..thank you so much.

Waste of time in my opinion.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, gaski said:

why do you think its waste of time? 

It isn't a waste of time if you  1) Want your passport in your married name.  2)  Plan to have children and want to record their birth to the Philippines.

21 hours ago, gaski said:

This is a link to the Embassy in Washington DC.   

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/

From that website are links to all the consulates in the USA, find the one that represents the state where you were married.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consulate-finder-dc/

Requirements for completing ROM are listed on the consulate website.

This is from the embassy website:

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#marriage

Report of Marriage between Filipinos or a Filipino and a Foreign National

The marriage of a Filipino should be reported to and registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Embassy/Consulate General having jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place. Please check the Consulate Finder or the Consulates Link for the states covered by the Embassy/Consulates General in the U.S.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

1. Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.
  2. Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Consular Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details
  3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Record (original will be returned)
  4. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)
  5. Four (4) photocopies each of the passports of both spouses
  6. Four (4) photocopies of additional proof of Philippine citizenship of the Filipino spouse/s (greencard, valid visa, notice of action, work permit, dual IC)
  7. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the birth certificate/s of Filipino spouse/s.
  8. Notarized affidavit explaining the reasons for delayed registration if ROM is filed more than a year after marraige
  9. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back. For applicants from the Caribbean Islands, pre-paid mailing envelope from DHL.
  10. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.).Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
  11. For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S. (the US National Bank Association is not a correspondent bank), payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars, to cover cost of mailing, and a corresponding self-addressed courier’s address label. Personal checks are not accepted.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.