dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2018

270 posts in this topic

Just now, Mr & Mrs said:

So they don't ask for PCC and Employment letter at NVC stage right ,i know we usually take these at interview stage.

Nope, not at NVC stage.

However, you can take as many documents as you wish to your interview.

Just now, rana300 said:

Nope, not at NVC stage.

However, you can take as many documents as you wish to your interview.

Oh okay thanks for clarification ,just wanted to make sure because i haven't ask my spouse to get her PCC yet since its only valid for 6 months so waiting for another 1 month to passby then we will apply for PCC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Oh okay thanks for clarification ,just wanted to make sure because i haven't ask my spouse to get her PCC yet since its only valid for 6 months so waiting for another 1 month to passby then we will apply for PCC

My lawyer asked me to have my spouse get PCC right after USICS approved my case. Its valid for 6 months but you should be prepared in advanced. Its not gonna take 6 months to have interview scheduled. You never know if PCC needs certain documents. Like in my case. My Spouse's Adhaar Card didn't had my name on it. Fortunately Joint bank account came in handy and we had it changed. Also the address on passport should match that's on your application and adharcard. And also the passport should have your name on it too. Just to make sure. I am letting you know the mistakes I had made. And corrected in time. Because God Forbid if NVC approved and all the documents were not updated Hell Would break lose. I just typed all this because to let you know if you need to make appointment for PCC all the documents should say that you are the husband and the address is current. Only then you can make appointment. 

Just My Thinking. Best Regards From a Fellow Indian. Best of Luck.

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

23 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

My lawyer asked me to have my spouse get PCC right after USICS approved my case. Its valid for 6 months but you should be prepared in advanced. Its not gonna take 6 months to have interview scheduled. You never know if PCC needs certain documents. Like in my case. My Spouse's Adhaar Card didn't had my name on it. Fortunately Joint bank account came in handy and we had it changed. Also the address on passport should match that's on your application and adharcard. And also the passport should have your name on it too. Just to make sure. I am letting you know the mistakes I had made. And corrected in time. Because God Forbid if NVC approved and all the documents were not updated Hell Would break lose. I just typed all this because to let you know if you need to make appointment for PCC all the documents should say that you are the husband and the address is current. Only then you can make appointment. 

Just My Thinking. Best Regards From a Fellow Indian. Best of Luck.

Thanks Brother for pointing all these things out . So my wife also suppose to have my name on her passport as well ? she got my name on her aadhar card but I wasn't aware of this that she also suppose to have my name on her indian passport as well ,are you sure this is mandatory thing to have it . 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Thanks Brother for pointing all these things out . So my wife also suppose to have my name on her passport as well ? she got my name on her aadhar card but I wasn't aware of this that she also suppose to have my name on her indian passport as well ,are you sure this is mandatory thing to have it . 

YES my friend. YES. Absolutely. You are sponsoring her. Your Name is a MUST! Immigration wanna see your name on it.. i.e Wife of xxxxxxxxxx. Please correct it as soon as possible. I had to do it too. Only then you get appointment for PCC. Now your wife need to reapply passport using adharcard, joint bank account or marriage certificate (they need original documents) Any two of these will work. She has to get a new passport my friend. It'll take about two weeks to get all of this done and if she get's re-issued passport. PCC will take only 1 day. I been there bro. I know. I don't want you to delay your case. Be up to date. We waited so long. Why wait more? Be prepared. Thats what I did. Regards.

Edited by Shan2019

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

10 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

I understand your feeling. All this wait and now this. Don’t worry. We are in same boat. Everything will workout. 

Will re-submit again and I don’t know how long will have to wait again. Btw, What document did they reject on you? 

36 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

YES my friend. YES. Absolutely. You are sponsoring her. Your Name is a MUST! Immigration wanna see your name on it.. i.e Wife of xxxxxxxxxx. Please correct it as soon as possible. I had to do it too. Only then you get appointment for PCC. Now your wife need to reapply passport using adharcard, joint bank account or marriage certificate (they need original documents) Any two of these will work. She has to get a new passport my friend. It'll take about two weeks to get all of this done and if she get's re-issued passport. PCC will take only 1 day. I been there bro. I know. I don't want you to delay your case. Be up to date. We waited so long. Why wait more? Be prepared. Thats what I did. Regards.

No , i don't think its hold true .Its not necessary to have your name on your spouse passport for example if your spouse already had a passport prior to marriage then you use the same passport ,i don't think its necessary again to re-apply for passport just to add your husband name. When i filed I-130 ,i send the photocopies of her passport and it didn't have my name on it and they never raise any questions on it. Because if this is the case then everyone have to re-apply for their passports just to add their husband name but I mean its always nice to have it but i don't think its mandatory same holds for PCC ,they don't require to have your husband name on your passport. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs said:

No , i don't think its hold true .Its not necessary to have your name on your spouse passport for example if your spouse already had a passport prior to marriage then you use the same passport ,i don't think its necessary again to re-apply for passport just to add your husband name. When i filed I-130 ,i send the photocopies of her passport and it didn't have my name on it and they never raise any questions on it. Because if this is the case then everyone have to re-apply for their passports just to add their husband name but I mean its always nice to have it but i don't think its mandatory same holds for PCC ,they don't require to have your husband name on your passport. 

Alright my friend Whatever works for you 🙂 Best Regards 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AMJ1 said:

Will re-submit again and I don’t know how long will have to wait again. Btw, What document did they reject on you? 

They haven't rejected me on any documents. Its just the, "Wait" that we are on same boat 🙁

2 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

They haven't rejected me on any documents. Its just the, "Wait" that we are on same boat 🙁

Ah okay. All we can do right now is to wait ☹️Hopefully all your documents will be accepted.  

Timeline
Just now, AMJ1 said:

Ah okay. All we can do right now is to wait ☹️Hopefully all your documents will be accepted.  

yup. The, "Wait" The, "Years, Months, Weeks" is what is most frustrating. To be honest untill USCIS approved my case, I had lost faith. When they did approve I had a new hope. One day, One day my beloved will be with me. Now its matter of 2-3 months. That's as per my lawyer. May everything Goes Well with Everyone on this forum. Its really painful to be separated from loved ones. I know the feeling. 

6 minutes ago, Shan2019 said:

yup. The, "Wait" The, "Years, Months, Weeks" is what is most frustrating. To be honest untill USCIS approved my case, I had lost faith. When they did approve I had a new hope. One day, One day my beloved will be with me. Now its matter of 2-3 months. That's as per my lawyer. May everything Goes Well with Everyone on this forum. Its really painful to be separated from loved ones. I know the feeling. 

Exactly my thoughts!! Lets all hope and pray that we will hear a good news soon! Finger crossed 🤞  Keep us updated my friend! 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Thanks for the advise though ,I will see if she can add my name on her passport just to be on safe side ,only concern is her passport number will change .

My friend the Number will change. Once again its up to you my friend. I did it to be on safe side becuase PCC needed my name on her passport. Again its up to you my friend. Best Regards, Good Luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.