James and Vanessa

Cannot reschedule Montreal interview for January 2019

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancee Vanessa has had to get all of her MMR shots because she was not immunized, so we are needing to reschedule her interview date in Montreal, Canada from December 19, 2018. We originally had to reschedule once before from October 24, 2018 because of these vaccinations.

The problem is that every date from January 2019 onward on the Montreal calendar is unavailable.

What can we do? We are rather concerned right now if we cannot reschedule.

All? Normally they just require one then finish in the USA.  Talk to a panel physician. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

~~moved to US embassy and consulate discussion from K1 progress reports~~

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Her doctor is saying that she needs to get the second MMR, then another blood test, and if she still isn't immunized then she needs a booster.

Anyway, why is Montreal not allowing a rescheduling?

Just now, James and Vanessa said:

Her doctor is saying that she needs to get the second MMR, then another blood test, and if she still isn't immunized then she needs a booster.

Anyway, why is Montreal not allowing a rescheduling?

Because they havent opened up the schedule.

I dont care what HER dr says.  Talk to the panel physician. 

Timeline

You want to check the attitude?

On this very site I've read that it is Canada-specific that all the age appropriate vaccinations are completed before the medical exam. No finishing them in America with a panel physician, and this is also what Vanessa's doctor is stating.

Lmao!  Mmk dude.

I understand what you are saying, but it also is very commonly allowed for immigrants, especially K1 to get their first set out of country and then get the final set IN the USA.  Ive seen it reported here on VJ more times than I can count in the last 6 years.  Which is why I have suggested twice to talk to a panel physician vs her GP.  Her GP cannot know the rules and regulations guiding immigration to the USA, only the panel physician approved by the US government will know.  Granted it will be cheaper to do all the vx in Canada but I really think you're delaying unnecessarily. 

Also to answer your question again, Montreal simply has not opened up dates for that period which is why you can't move the interview date. There are frequently times at this time of year where Montreal doesnt have available dates at all and people start threads in the Canada forum to let each other know when slots open up.  

Timeline

I think her doctor gave her bad advice. I had low-no immunity showing on my blood test for MMR and was given one dose by my panel physician to meet the vaccination requirements. And was told specifically by that physician that I do not need the second dose to qualify. I will need the second dose for my adjustment of status, however. 

Keep your december interview. You will be fine. 

Edited by C32

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/10/2018 at 8:03 AM, James and Vanessa said:

My fiancee Vanessa has had to get all of her MMR shots because she was not immunized, so we are needing to reschedule her interview date in Montreal, Canada from December 19, 2018. We originally had to reschedule once before from October 24, 2018 because of these vaccinations.

The problem is that every date from January 2019 onward on the Montreal calendar is unavailable.

Has she done her medical yet? They may be able to give her the MMR shots at her appointment. I got a diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis shot because I was a few months overdue for it, as it had been 10 years since my last one. It cost an extra $40 at my appointment. I hope it works out for you. 

• Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Montreal, Canada
  • Marriage: 2017-05-08
  • i130 Sent: 2017-07-07
  • i130 NOA1: 2017-07-12
  • i130 NOA2: 2018-02-15
  • NVC Received: 2018-03-07
  • Case Number Received: 2018-05-10
  • Send AOS Package: 2018-05-23
  • Send IV Package: 2018-07-19
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2018-07-26
  • Interview Date: 2018-10-31 (approved!)
  • Visa in hand: 2018-11-05

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, James and Vanessa said:

Hello James and Vanessa,

I am just wondering can you share on you reschedule the interview for Montreal Consulate? Did you have to email the consulate or did you do it on the website?

Thank you in advance. 

Mia 

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, mj0808 said:

Hello James and Vanessa,

I am just wondering can you share on you reschedule the interview for Montreal Consulate? Did you have to email the consulate or did you do it on the website?

Thank you in advance. 

Mia 

Hi there. You can reschedule on the same site where you confirm the postal delivery options.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.