batasMTR

November filing of I-130 for Parents (mother and/or father)

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, batasMTR said:

have you received any update yet?

Congrats!

Unfortunately no update on the second application yet. It looks like USPS lost it. I am debating how long to wait before sending another application. Don't want to complicate the petition by having two of them out there as it looks like you cannot void / cancel the check and USCIS processes it and slaps you with a $30 fine

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Would November filers share the checklist of I-130 petition for mother and father, please?  I read several threads and came up with somewhat inconsistent checklist such as birth certificate of beneficiary (parent), and their photos.  On reading the instructions of I-130 form, I found that petitioner's birth certificate for establishing relation with mother and father, and  parent's marriage certificate (for father's application) are the only supporting documents required.

Would you please share your checklist? Thank you!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
7 hours ago, Pritam-Amrit said:

Would November filers share the checklist of I-130 petition for mother and father, please?  I read several threads and came up with somewhat inconsistent checklist such as birth certificate of beneficiary (parent), and their photos.  On reading the instructions of I-130 form, I found that petitioner's birth certificate for establishing relation with mother and father, and  parent's marriage certificate (for father's application) are the only supporting documents required.

Would you please share your checklist? Thank you!!

Hi I just sent mine through UPS and received notification from USCIS. My mom is a widow so this are the actual package of mine.

My package was exactly like this order...

1. Cover letter- you can find one from CitizenPath or other online formats.

2. G-1450 - request for credit card payment 

3.G-1145-request for information via email and text message .

4.I-130- please see CitizenPath sample application so you could file it properly.

5.Naturalization certificate of mine.

6.Original Birth certificate of mine.

7.Translated Birth certificate of mine.

8.Original marriage certificate of mine.

9.Translated Marriage certificate of mine.

10.Driver’s license photocopy of mine- optional 

11. Passport copy of mine- optional 

12.Marriage certificate of my mother- optional in my case because I only sponsor my mom she is widow. If you sponsor both parents it’s must.

13. Birth certificate of my mom - her BC is in English already so I don’t need a translation.

14.passport front page of my mom 

actually I sent lot of documents because I don’t want a delay in process. What ever possible to prove that strongly I will send with that. I think that makes the officer enough evidence to approve my application.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can I request to expedite my petition of bringing my mother to USA  due to my medical issue and I need her to be present in order to take care of my needs?

Does anyone has experience with such cases or any suggestion?

I have all my medical reports.

Timeline
1 hour ago, semsem said:

Can I request to expedite my petition of bringing my mother to USA  due to my medical issue and I need her to be present in order to take care of my needs?

Does anyone has experience with such cases or any suggestion?

I have all my medical reports.

Hi ,

sorry I don’t know about that. But you can find through USCIS website and maybe from other forums. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, san83 said:

Hi I just sent mine through UPS and received notification from USCIS. My mom is a widow so this are the actual package of mine.

My package was exactly like this order...

1. Cover letter- you can find one from CitizenPath or other online formats.

2. G-1450 - request for credit card payment 

3.G-1145-request for information via email and text message .

4.I-130- please see CitizenPath sample application so you could file it properly.

5.Naturalization certificate of mine.

6.Original Birth certificate of mine.

7.Translated Birth certificate of mine.

8.Original marriage certificate of mine.

9.Translated Marriage certificate of mine.

10.Driver’s license photocopy of mine- optional 

11. Passport copy of mine- optional 

12.Marriage certificate of my mother- optional in my case because I only sponsor my mom she is widow. If you sponsor both parents it’s must.

13. Birth certificate of my mom - her BC is in English already so I don’t need a translation.

14.passport front page of my mom 

actually I sent lot of documents because I don’t want a delay in process. What ever possible to prove that strongly I will send with that. I think that makes the officer enough evidence to approve my application.

Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback! I was a bit surprised to note that you included your marriage certificate in your mother's petition.  Is that required?  

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just came across this thread. I just had a quick question. Does anyone know what is the time range it is currently taking from filing I-130 till getting interviewed for parents of USC, or at least how long is it taking to approve I-130 applications for USC parents? 

My wife filed for her parents and we sent the following list of documents to USCIS via USPS priority mail, which takes 2-3 business days to reach and it has tracking number.

MOTHER:

1. Money Orders of $500 +$35 for each parent. (Publix store offers money orders up to $500 max only so we had to make two money orders to make it $535 total)

2. Completed form G-1145 for each parent just to get text or email acknowledgement that they received the package, otherwise this is not required if no need for text confirmation

3. Copy of US Citizenship (naturalized) certificate of the petitioner

4. Copy of name change form from the naturalization for the petitioner

5. Copy of petitioner's birth certificate - non English

6. Copy of English translation of the petitioner's birth certificate

7. Completed and signed form I-130 for the Mother

8. Copy of mother's birth certificate - non English

9. Copy of English translation of the mother's birth certificate 

10. Copy of parents marriage certificate - non English (this is not required for mother but we added as an option)

11. Copy of English translation of their non-English marriage certificate (this is not required  for mother but we added as an option)

FATHER:

1. Money Order of $500 +$35 for each parent. (Publix store offers money orders up to $500 max only so we had to make two money orders to make it $535 total)

2. Completed form G-1145 for each parent just to get text or email acknowledgement that they received the package,  otherwise this is not required if no need for text confirmation

7. Completed and signed form I-130 for the Father

8. Copy of father's birth certificate - non English

9. Copy of English translation of the father's birth certificate 

10. Copy of parents marriage certificate - non English

11. Copy of English translation of their non-English marriage certificate

We didn't include any of the optional dox people mentioned in this thread such as passport photos, driver's license, original documents, and etc. They will be needed for NVC or Embassy after USCIS approves the parents I believe. We shipped both applications in one package. Didn't ship them separately. Shipped the package on Nov 20th and we received 2 txt messages to my wife's phone on Nov 28th that they received and the receive date (this will become as priority date) as Nov 23rd, 2018. We should receive the paper acknowledgement (form I-797C) sometimes soon. 

So if you are sending the optional documents that should definitely be fine, otherwise they are not required as per the I-130 instructions. 

Thanks in advance.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pritam-Amrit said:

Thank you for the feedback! I was a bit surprised to note that you included your marriage certificate in your mother's petition.  Is that required?  

Hi dear, I forgot to mention that I didn’t sent any originals. All of mine are photocopies and I sent marriage certificate of mine  because my last name changed after marriage. I read about this on USCIS website, So I included that. I told you that I did something extra because I always feel like if I give some extra  may be my file will move fast. But USCIS only asks a few . Birth certificate of the petitioner to check your mom name. Filing fee, Your naturalization certificate I-130 correctly completed and signed. Marriage certificate if you sponsor your dad. Like that. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, igrant said:

Hi everyone,

I just came across this thread. I just had a quick question. Does anyone know what is the time range it is currently taking from filing I-130 till getting interviewed for parents of USC, or at least how long is it taking to approve I-130 applications for USC parents? 

My wife filed for her parents and we sent the following list of documents to USCIS via USPS priority mail, which takes 2-3 business days to reach and it has tracking number.

MOTHER:

1. Money Orders of $500 +$35 for each parent. (Publix store offers money orders up to $500 max only so we had to make two money orders to make it $535 total)

2. Completed form G-1145 for each parent just to get text or email acknowledgement that they received the package, otherwise this is not required if no need for text confirmation

7. Completed and signed form I-130 for the Mother

8. Copy of mother's birth certificate - non English

9. Copy of English translation of the mother's birth certificate 

10. Copy of parents marriage certificate - non English (this is not required for mother but we added as an option)

11. Copy of English translation of their non-English marriage certificate (this is not required  for mother but we added as an option)

FATHER:

1. Money Order of $500 +$35 for each parent. (Publix store offers money orders up to $500 max only so we had to make two money orders to make it $535 total)

2. Completed form G-1145 for each parent just to get text or email acknowledgement that they received the package,  otherwise this is not required if no need for text confirmation

7. Completed and signed form I-130 for the Father

8. Copy of father's birth certificate - non English

9. Copy of English translation of the father's birth certificate 

10. Copy of parents marriage certificate - non English

11. Copy of English translation of their non-English marriage certificate

We didn't include any of the optional dox people mentioned in this thread such as passport photos, driver's license, original documents, and etc. They will be needed for NVC or Embassy after USCIS approves the parents I believe. We shipped both applications in one package. Didn't ship them separately. Shipped the package on Nov 20th and we received 2 txt messages to my wife's phone on Nov 28th that they received and the receive date (this will become as priority date) as Nov 23rd, 2018. We should receive the paper acknowledgement (form I-797C) sometimes soon. 

So if you are sending the optional documents that should definitely be fine, otherwise they are not required as per the I-130 instructions. 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much for your time and helping others for filing it correctly. 😊

I looked some profiles it seems nearly 6 months for USCIS and then 4-6 months for other processing... so nearly 1 year for the whole process I guess. If you are lucky maybe you could get it soon too. Like 9 months. most probably it will take a year.

Timeline
9 hours ago, san83 said:

Hi dear, I forgot to mention that I didn’t sent any originals. All of mine are photocopies and I sent marriage certificate of mine  because my last name changed after marriage. I read about this on USCIS website, So I included that. I told you that I did something extra because I always feel like if I give some extra  may be my file will move fast. But USCIS only asks a few . Birth certificate of the petitioner to check your mom name. Filing fee, Your naturalization certificate I-130 correctly completed and signed. Marriage certificate if you sponsor your dad. Like that. 

thanks for the clarification! all the best for your process and health!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pritam-Amrit said:

thanks for the clarification! all the best for your process and health!

Thank you 😊 yesterday my credit card was charged from USCIS. So everything is fine until now. So hard to wait for another 6 months 😕

Wondering if anyone had a lawyer and would anyone have an approval already from NVC? What about hose who have filed October?

Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 7:51 PM, batasMTR said:

Wondering if anyone had a lawyer and would anyone have an approval already from NVC? What about hose who have filed October?

It’s too early to expect anything from USCIS for us. I don’t know about your situation...!!!

for us we should wait little more 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.