Jump to content
classiquemle

Knightsbridge - TB?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

My husband went yesterday for his medical at Knightsbridge - everything went well but he has chronic bronchitis, and so the doctor called today and said he has to go for his sputnum test to check that it's not TB 😪  Our interview is next week, so we are worried this will of course delay everything!!  The doctor told him to go to his GP in Edinburgh and ask for antibiotics to help clear up the infection - has anyone had any experience with this?  They told us it might take 6-8 weeks for the test results!!!!!!  We were hoping after his interview next week we'd only have another week or so to go!

Has anyone had any luck re-taking the xrays at Knightsbridge and having those results approved???  Or has anyone been through this???  We are so close to the end!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DktrFaustus said:

He will still be able to attend the interview (not sure if you are worried about that or not), but any approval will be pending on medical results. I hope all goes well for you both.

Thank you!  We are definitely still going to the interview, were just hoping the could do the second x-ray in lieu of having to wait 6-8 weeks... I guess we shall see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, classiquemle said:

Thank you!  We are definitely still going to the interview, were just hoping the could do the second x-ray in lieu of having to wait 6-8 weeks... I guess we shall see!

No, they have to adhere to CDC regulations and that means if there is something suspect on the X-ray they need to do the sputum test. If they do find TB then he would need to go through treatment that meets the CDC treatment standard. TB isn’t endemic in the UK so this doesn’t come up often, I would suggest you go and read similar subjects in the Philippines sub forum as this comes up a lot there. 


K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

 

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illiria said:

No, they have to adhere to CDC regulations and that means if there is something suspect on the X-ray they need to do the sputum test. If they do find TB then he would need to go through treatment that meets the CDC treatment standard. TB isn’t endemic in the UK so this doesn’t come up often, I would suggest you go and read similar subjects in the Philippines sub forum as this comes up a lot there. 

That's what we figured, we were just hoping!  The doctor told him it could be a chest infection and could be TB, so he is taking antibiotics this weekend, luckily we are already headed to London next week for the interview, so he will do the sputnum and talk to them on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can't read your x-ray because of too much congestion, then they have to take the diagnostics up a notch. Previously people have been told to clear up and come back. You will have to ask Knightsbridge if they will do another x-ray because they are the ones tasked with giving a clearance on TB. Each case is different. If he has lingering bronchitis that doesn't clear, maybe they think he needs further testing to see if it's TB. Yes it's a delay, but things happen that we just have to wait on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

If they can't read your x-ray because of too much congestion, then they have to take the diagnostics up a notch. Previously people have been told to clear up and come back. You will have to ask Knightsbridge if they will do another x-ray because they are the ones tasked with giving a clearance on TB. Each case is different. If he has lingering bronchitis that doesn't clear, maybe they think he needs further testing to see if it's TB. Yes it's a delay, but things happen that we just have to wait on. 

Thanks!  That's what we are going to do - at least try to get another x-ray after antibiotics and hope that it shows clear.  Worst case we have to wait the 8 weeks... (well WORST case he has TB, but that's highly doubtful).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know this is of little consolation on the delay it would cause but at least if it is TB you will find out and it can get treated.


K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

 

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true!  

 

Question for everyone if you know - my husband has his visa interview on Tuesday, we are pretty sure he will have to wait the 6-8 weeks for the sputum results - will the US Embassy give him his passport back since it is pending medical and we have a long wait?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, classiquemle said:

That's true!  

 

Question for everyone if you know - my husband has his visa interview on Tuesday, we are pretty sure he will have to wait the 6-8 weeks for the sputum results - will the US Embassy give him his passport back since it is pending medical and we have a long wait?

 

 

 

If they think your medical results are "on the way" as most are, they will keep it. They have no information that lets them know about specific delays. Ask for the passport back and explain the delay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×