Pepe Galleta

Question about translating Skype Chat Logs?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pepe Galleta said:

in here:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

i see this

What Evidence Must You Submit? You must submit all evidence requested in these Instructions with your petition. If you fail to submit required evidence, USCIS may reject or deny your petition for failure to submit requested evidence or supporting documents in accordance with 8 CFR part 103.2(b)(1) and these Instructions. Submit the primary evidence listed below to support your petition. If a primary evidence document is not available, you must submit a statement from the appropriate civil authority certifying that the primary evidence is not available. You must then submit secondary evidence such as church or school records, baptismal certificates, U.S. census records, or other evidence to support your claim. If you can establish that secondary evidence is not available, you may submit two or more sworn affidavits by persons who are not parties to your petition, who were living at the time of the event, and who have direct personal knowledge of the event.

while i agree with you, it will be always tricky. if you look up online, you get totally different perspectives on the topics

i guess as it was mentioned above, we will never know :) thanks so much

We do know because my petition was approved without 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pepe Galleta said:

in here:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

i see this

What Evidence Must You Submit? You must submit all evidence requested in these Instructions with your petition. If you fail to submit required evidence, USCIS may reject or deny your petition for failure to submit requested evidence or supporting documents in accordance with 8 CFR part 103.2(b)(1) and these Instructions. Submit the primary evidence listed below to support your petition. If a primary evidence document is not available, you must submit a statement from the appropriate civil authority certifying that the primary evidence is not available. You must then submit secondary evidence such as church or school records, baptismal certificates, U.S. census records, or other evidence to support your claim. If you can establish that secondary evidence is not available, you may submit two or more sworn affidavits by persons who are not parties to your petition, who were living at the time of the event, and who have direct personal knowledge of the event.

while i agree with you, it will be always tricky. if you look up online, you get totally different perspectives on the topics

i guess as it was mentioned above, we will never know :) thanks so much

Don't worry about it. Some people are militant about only submitting exactly the list of required documents stated on the forms. Like I said, I did the same and had no issues. I also submitted a ton of stuff for the Adjustment of Status, and the Removal of Conditions, and I have had no issues or ever gotten an RFE

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carley said:

Don't worry about it. Some people are militant about only submitting exactly the list of required documents stated on the forms. Like I said, I did the same and had no issues. I also submitted a ton of stuff for the Adjustment of Status, and the Removal of Conditions, and I have had no issues or ever gotten an RFE

And we have had people who have received rfe when they have submitted an overabundance of information because their was so much the adjudicator missed the critical evidence.  

Your petition,  your decision.   But if someone asks do I need to translate all of these chats, the answer is and always will be, NO.

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Your petition,  your decision.   But if someone asks do I need to translate all of these chats, the answer is and always will be, NO.

Sure. Back to our consensus from the beginning! 

I-751

Timeline

Sure. Back to our consensus from the beginning! 

But the no is not for the reason you describe as they don't need to know the content,  just that they don't care about it in the first place 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But the no is not for the reason you describe as they don't need to know the content,  just that they don't care about it in the first place 

May not be! Many, many people submit them with the I-129f, and/or bring them to interviews and have found use for them :) 

I-751

Timeline

May not be! Many, many people submit them with the I-129f, and/or bring them to interviews and have found use for them :) 

I never said they aren't useful to be brought to the interview.  My point is only that it is not necessary to an approvable petition,  nor does it magically make an otherwise unapprovable petition, approvable.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some people confuse K1 with CR1 (spouse) visa.  The CR1's I-130 petition asks for "evidence of ongoing marital union."  Many suggest telephone call records and chat logs to support the ongoing marital union claim when the two spouses each live in different countries, and some COs (especially in high-fraud locations) have asked for it at the visa interview abroad.  Form I-129F petition for K1 (fiance/fiancee) does not ask for this evidence at all since the couple is not married yet and only have to prove that they have met in person once in the last two years.  They are two different visas, different criteria, different evidence.  Don't confuse the two.  

Edited by carmel34
+

Timeline
19 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Some people confuse K1 with CR1 (spouse) visa.  The CR1's I-130 petition asks for "evidence of ongoing marital union."  Many suggest telephone call records and chat logs to support the ongoing marital union claim when the two spouses each live in different countries, and some COs (especially in high-fraud locations) have asked for it at the visa interview abroad.  Form I-129F petition for K1 (fiance/fiancee) does not ask for this evidence at all since the couple is not married yet and only have to prove that they have met in person once in the last two years.  They are two different visas, different criteria, different evidence.  Don't confuse the two.  

Can you imagine how much faster the uscis could approve petitions if they didn't have to sort through all the extra pieces of paper?  People wonder why it takes 6 months,  here is one reason 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

I provide the chat, call and video call logs and more during the petition stage. It is not needed, and people said it's only needed during interview stage, however, sometimes, the consulate officer doesn't even asking or looking at the evidence during the interview.

Yes. That's true. The CO didn't even ask for the evidences of ongoing relationship during the interview .The result of the interview  depends on what the applicant responds or your other documents are correct or not ,especially they'll like to know if you can sponsor your beneficiary. So it's better to get all you can prove for your relationship at the first stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.