sebbiesmd

Visa Return/ Duration

8 posts in this topic

Just now, sebbiesmd said:

How long does it take for an embassy to issue a visa and how long is a standard tourist visa issued for? 

The length of time depends on the country and the background checks needed, and the standard tourist visa can be from  1 month up to 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

10 years is the norm, most are issued within a week.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

29 minutes ago, Boiler said:

10 years is the norm, most are issued within a week.

Many are 10-year multiple entry but it's circumstance dependent, my first couple were one year duration, presumably due to very weak ties to home, then they moved to 10 year. I know someone else, stable good job, home etc but her boyfriend at the time was a USC (albeit resident in our home country) and CO told her that was the reason she was only getting a one year one too.  We've seen the odd person on VJ getting very short term ones too. So hard to respond to OP without knowing his/her circumstances.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are reciprocal issues, USC's get 5 Years so US issues max 5 years, Australia I seem to recollect is an example, a general question a general answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

53 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There are reciprocal issues, USC's get 5 Years so US issues max 5 years, Australia I seem to recollect is an example, a general question a general answer.

Nope, I got 2 x 1 year then 2 x 10 year visas based on my own changing circumstances, all as national of and resident in the same country (which does not require visas of USCs).

As always one's own ties and country of origin are key to whether you get a visa, and to how long it is.  OP seems to be from Albania, which has a 40% B visa refusal rate.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Nope, I got 2 x 1 year then 2 x 10 year visas based on my own changing circumstances, all as national of and resident in the same country (which does not require visas of USCs).

As always one's own ties and country of origin are key to whether you get a visa, and to how long it is.  OP seems to be from Albania, which has a 40% B visa refusal rate.

Boiler was right.  There is a maximum validity established for each country, based on what that country does for visas for US citizens.  The maximum validity for Albanian citizens is 36 months.   Personal circumstances can cause an officer to issue less than the maximum, but never mire.

28 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Boiler was right.  There is a maximum validity established for each country, based on what that country does for visas for US citizens.  The maximum validity for Albanian citizens is 36 months.   Personal circumstances can cause an officer to issue less than the maximum, but never mire.

It’s the last sentence of what you said that I was focusing on - that’s it’s not a fixed term for everyone. Anyway the information about the maximum for Albanians is surely useful to OP, thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.