RC and JE

End of year Guyana interviews

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone. Someone in another forum just got an interview date in early January 2019. She said that was the first available date. Has anyone who is petitioning their fiance from Cuba through the Guyana embassy received an interview date lately? If so, what date did they give you? I'm wondering what happened to all of the November and December interview dates.

event.png

Timeline
23 hours ago, BoriCu said:

no I do not and that is what I was asking.  Wondering how long is the wait. Anyway, I leave it in Gods hands, he is in control not us. Thank you! 

I've heard the wait time to get an appointment with embassy in Guyana can be over 2 months. We are also waiting for NOA2. 

After the election, I am going to write a letter to my congressperson and senators asking them to try to help with the long wait times for Guyana. I'm seeing some embassies in other countries see folks just a couple of weeks after NOA2. I encourage you to write your elected representatives as well. Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :)

Good morning! I actually heard 3 months.  It is unfortunately it takes so long but there are other countries who take this long as well.   I appreciate your feedback.  I honestly leave it in Gods hands at this point, at least we can travel 45 min to see our significant others not 6 hours like other countries or more.  I am being optimistic and we are closer in our process. All is well. 😃

Timeline
9 hours ago, BoriCu said:

Good morning! I actually heard 3 months.  It is unfortunately it takes so long but there are other countries who take this long as well.   I appreciate your feedback.  I honestly leave it in Gods hands at this point, at least we can travel 45 min to see our significant others not 6 hours like other countries or more.  I am being optimistic and we are closer in our process. All is well. 😃

May I ask, when you go to Cuba, what category do you claim to get around the travel ban? I had thought about trying to use family but o couldn't find where fiance falls under family visit. Thanks!  )

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 11/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, Chris&Ale said:

May I ask, when you go to Cuba, what category do you claim to get around the travel ban? I had thought about trying to use family but o couldn't find where fiance falls under family visit. Thanks!  )

Family visit is fine. Also, I just visited Cuba last month and didn't have to actually state anywhere my official visit reason. Soo... it may not come up!

Also, once you arrive in Cuba if you want to stay for more than the 30 days they give you once you enter, you can adjust your status to A-2 Family visa....again, even if you are not married. My husband and I were at the immigration office in Cuba less than a month ago asking about repatriación and a Cuban guy and his German girlfriend were there getting her the A-2 status adjustment. 

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Timeline

I was able to get an interview date of January 18th and the medical exam scheduled for January 14 th..

They just sent a letter with the date.. we did not get to choose the date.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Chad97 said:

I was able to get an interview date of January 18th and the medical exam scheduled for January 14 th..

Thanks! Did you just receive your case number, etc? I’m just curious if they scheduled anyone in December. It seems like they skipped over that month. It’s looking like I won’t have my interview any time before February now. Fingers crossed I get my NOA2 any day now. 

event.png

Timeline

K1-FTP  - I believe this is the date of the case

30-AUG-2018

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Georgetown., Guyana. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

Case Number:                       

USCIS Receipt Number         

Principal Applicant:                

Petitioner:                                

Interview Location:                Georgetown., Guyana

Post Address:

U. S. Embassy

100 Young And Duke Streets

Kingston, Georgetown

Guyana, P.O. Box 10507

Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.

Sincerely,

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 7:31 PM, Chad97 said:

That's about 2 1/2 months away. Geez. Sorry it wasn't any sooner. 

I just checked your timeline. Your received your NOA2 on July 31st and you have to wait until mid-January for the interview? Dang... that's a long wait for an interview date. 

Good luck!

Edited by Chris&Ale

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.