Chris Duffy

Riding Motorbike in Davao City

11 posts in this topic

Here is what I found and observed.

I just rode about 600 miles in a two week time frame in Davao City, Digos City, Sta. Cruz and and a tad bit in General Santos.

I was told that you needed to wear a helmet and some sort of clothing on your legs and no sandals or flip flops.   Only thing I observed is the traffic enforcers at the corners and or crosswalks are looking for people with no helmets only.  I cruised Davao City for 5 days all over the place from southern part of Toril where the military check point is up to JP Laurel where all the malls are and spent a few days staying in RedPlanet on JP Laurel which is located between Abreeza Mall and SM Mall.

From my limited observation the traffic enforcer which a there a many of them and they wear a yellow uniform don't want to mess with giving a ticket and there only waiting for two things,  Lunch and break time. 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

My husband would want to try to ride a motorcycle sometime when we go back. He always talk about it, too bad we are from the North, Baguio specifically. I heard they are more strict now, would that mean you have to have your own Philippine License? 

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

7 hours ago, Chantel said:

My husband would want to try to ride a motorcycle sometime when we go back. He always talk about it, too bad we are from the North, Baguio specifically. I heard they are more strict now, would that mean you have to have your own Philippine License? 

No

You can use your US Driver License. It is valid for up to 90 days upon entry to Philippines.  What I did was take a pic on my cellphone of my US Driver License, My Passport picture and my entry stamp.

I was never asked to present a Driver license while riding in Philippines.  But I had it just in case

7 hours ago, EliAnon said:

How are you still alive? Davao traffic looked absolutely chaotic and horrendous lol. 

It can be a pain in the rear. We picked around 10 am to travel to and from Davao.  I was staying in Digos City.

It is about a 45 to I hour trip depending on traffic, if you hit heavy traffic it can be 2 hours to get to SM Lanang from Digos.

The great part about riding a motorbike, is you can weave thru traffic and for me is the only way to get around

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, Chris Duffy said:

It can be a pain in the rear. We picked around 10 am to travel to and from Davao.  I was staying in Digos City.

It is about a 45 to I hour trip depending on traffic, if you hit heavy traffic it can be 2 hours to get to SM Lanang from Digos.

The great part about riding a motorbike, is you can weave thru traffic and for me is the only way to get around

man, people drive so crazy there though, and their traffic laws are asinine lol. I was so thankful for US's traffic system when i got back to the states. My fiancee and I just took taxi's everywhere since compared to anything in the US are so cheap, bonus is we got to just chill out :)

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, EliAnon said:

man, people drive so crazy there though, and their traffic laws are asinine lol. I was so thankful for US's traffic system when i got back to the states. My fiancee and I just took taxi's everywhere since compared to anything in the US are so cheap, bonus is we got to just chill out :)

The problem with the Philippines is nobody can follow the rules, This is a major issue for them as a country and why I never see them climbing out of a 3rd world status.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

The problem with the Philippines is nobody can follow the rules, This is a major issue for them as a country and why I never see them climbing out of a 3rd world status.

It's not because they can't.  They don't follow the rules because of lack of enforcement.   The exact same thing would occur here if rules were not enforced 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

It's not because they can't.  They don't follow the rules because of lack of enforcement.   The exact same thing would occur here if rules were not enforced 

Actually they are never taught, and this happens in grade school.

We as US Citizen it is stressed to obey the rules and follow the rules, in PI they are not taught that.

32 minutes ago, payxibka said:

+1 on this. Just like the 15 minute woman that happened like 2 months ago. If it was in the USA her car would have been impounded and most likely given another ticket due to her stupid mouth.

But also nothing happened to her except for social embarrassment when it went viral.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.