SJ_Ulloa

Issuance of Visa

21 posts in this topic

My fiance and I just scheduled our interview which now is for Dec 3rd thanks to the agent who assisted us screwed up. :( We have already submitted his visa application, and paid for it. Beings his interview is over a month away, by the time he goes would getting his visa at his interview be a possibility? I have read and heard some cases that beneficiaries were given their visa at their interview if approved, where as some others had to wait for about 10-12 business days to get theirs. Has anyone gotten their visa at their interview or is this all hearsay? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Personally, I have not seen a single person get his/her fiance visa at the interview.......The earliest is more likely to be a week or more......good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

My fiance and I just scheduled our interview which now is for Dec 3rd thanks to the agent who assisted us screwed up. :( We have already submitted his visa application, and paid for it. Beings his interview is over a month away, by the time he goes would getting his visa at his interview be a possibility? I have read and heard some cases that beneficiaries were given their visa at their interview if approved, where as some others had to wait for about 10-12 business days to get theirs. Has anyone gotten their visa at their interview or is this all hearsay? 

He will be given a verbal approval or refusal. Visas are NOT issued at the time of the interview. The visa will be printed in his passport which is a whole other process that takes time.

It is true that the time frame from interview approval is about 1 to 2 weeks. Please be aware that it could take longer than that.

AVISO: You should not make any travel purchase until the visa is physically in his hands. Not when he is verbally approved at the interview. But that the visa is in his hands.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Personally, I have not seen a single person get his/her fiance visa at the interview.......The earliest is more likely to be a week or more......good luck.

I didnt think so either, and everyone I know who has went through this process has had to wait. We had an earlier date but  the agent scheduled the bioemtrics to close together and had to cancel it :( which pushed our date out 

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

He will be given a verbal approval or refusal. Visas are NOT issued at the time of the interview. The visa will be printed in his passport which is a whole other process that takes time.

It is true that the time frame from interview approval is about 1 to 2 weeks. Please be aware that it could take longer than that.

AVISO: You should not make any travel purchase until the visa is physically in his hands. Not when he is verbally approved at the interview. But that the visa is in his hands.

Thank You, I wasnt sure how that really worked, but hopefully due to the holidays he will not have to wait more than 2 weeks to get his visa 

Just now, SJ_Ulloa said:

Thank You, I wasnt sure how that really worked, but hopefully due to the holidays he will not have to wait more than 2 weeks to get his visa 

De nada. However, you may not like what I'm about to tell you. Because at that time of the interview it will be the end of the year so there will be a mad rush for people to have interviews. Basically, everybody wants their loved one(s) here for the holidays. It still may be possible for him to be here before Christmas, just be prepared that there is a possibility that there may be delays.

Also, the embassy has the same holiday schedule as the US. So there will be days where it will be closed and they will not be working on cases.

But don't fret. Stay positive and keep in mind that he will be here soon.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

De nada. However, you may not like what I'm about to tell you. Because at that time of the interview it will be the end of the year so there will be a mad rush for people to have interviews. Basically, everybody wants their loved one(s) here for the holidays. It still may be possible for him to be here before Christmas, just be prepared that there is a possibility that there may be delays.

Also, the embassy has the same holiday schedule as the US. So there will be days where it will be closed and they will not be working on cases.

But don't fret. Stay positive and keep in mind that he will be here soon.

Staying positive is all I can do at this point. Do you happen to know where I can find the prices for the vaccines? Due to the season he will be coming in, I know he will have to get a flu shot and am not sure if that is included in the round of vaccines he will need or is seperate. I have looked online and only seem to find the list of vaccines he needs but not the prices. 

Thank You 

I honestly can't remember the breakdown in medical costs. I will have to do some digging. Hopefully someone who has gone through it recently can give you a detailed cost breakdown.

2 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I honestly can't remember the breakdown in medical costs. I will have to do some digging. Hopefully someone who has gone through it recently can give you a detailed cost breakdown.

yes, thank you I appreciate the help you have provided. 

@SJ_Ulloa

Here is what I found so far about the breakdown in vaccine cost as per http://www.consultoriosdevisa.com/requisitos-tarifas/.

PRECIOS

Niños menores de 2 años Niños de 2 a 14 años Adultos
US$ 85.00 US$ 205.00 US$ 285.00

Vacunas en época de Influenza:

Vacuna Precio
MMR 23.00
HEPATITIS B 23.00
HEPATITIS A 60.00
VARICELA 58.00
PNEUMO 23 35.00
PNEUMO 13 115.00
INFLUENZA 22.00
MENINGO MCV4 131.00
ROTAVIRUS 62.00
DPT/HIV 55.00
POLIO 26.00
DPTa 55.00
Act Hib 23.00

EL PAGO DEBE SER EN EFECTIVO EN PESOS O DOLARES.

Precios a partir del 1 ero de Octubre del 2018.

The Santo Domingo consulate page is a year old but it has information on cost.

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican Republic&cty=Santo Domingo

Looks like the vaccinations are about $105 depending on which vaccines a person needs. This now sounds familiar now that I racked my aging brain, because I vaguely remember $400 for medical around the time my wife and I was going through the process ($275 + $105 = $380).

Keep in mind that those prices may have changed.

4 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

@SJ_Ulloa

Here is what I found so far about the breakdown in vaccine cost as per http://www.consultoriosdevisa.com/requisitos-tarifas/.

PRECIOS

Niños menores de 2 años Niños de 2 a 14 años Adultos
US$ 85.00 US$ 205.00 US$ 285.00

Vacunas en época de Influenza:

Vacuna Precio
MMR 23.00
HEPATITIS B 23.00
HEPATITIS A 60.00
VARICELA 58.00
PNEUMO 23 35.00
PNEUMO 13 115.00
INFLUENZA 22.00
MENINGO MCV4 131.00
ROTAVIRUS 62.00
DPT/HIV 55.00
POLIO 26.00
DPTa 55.00
Act Hib 23.00

EL PAGO DEBE SER EN EFECTIVO EN PESOS O DOLARES.

Precios a partir del 1 ero de Octubre del 2018.

The Santo Domingo consulate page is a year old but it has information on cost.

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican Republic&cty=Santo Domingo

Looks like the vaccinations are about $105 depending on which vaccines a person needs. This now sounds familiar now that I racked my aging brain, because I vaguely remember $400 for medical around the time my wife and I was going through the process ($275 + $105 = $380).

Keep in mind that those prices may have changed.

Thank you very much - You have been more than helpful 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Used to be issued same day but that has not been the process for many years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Used to be issued same day but that has not been the process for many years.

Thank You, I guess whoever told me did this process years ago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife had her interview on Wednesday and had her visa on that same Friday. This was Bangkok however and I think they are faster than most.

7 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

My wife had her interview on Wednesday and had her visa on that same Friday. This was Bangkok however and I think they are faster than most.

Thank you for giving me hope :) Hopefully the Dominican Republic can move as quickly #FingersCrossed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.