Gurdip bassi

Fiance visa

6 posts in this topic

Hlo evey1. I have one concern that. I am divorced and i met a girl on Matrimonial’s site and we both decideded to get together.. we like to file as fiance visa 4 dat .. do we need to do grand function or engagement at home will be sufficient for immigration purpose. Nor we want too much gathring.. only my family and her immediate family.. will be enough to prove geniuon relationship?? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gurdip bassi said:

Hlo evey1. I have one concern that. I am divorced and i met a girl on Matrimonial’s site and we both decideded to get together.. we like to file as fiance visa 4 dat .. do we need to do grand function or engagement at home will be sufficient for immigration purpose. Nor we want too much gathring.. only my family and her immediate family.. will be enough to prove geniuon relationship?? 

I'm not familiar with that site myself but, for filing for the I-129f petition to then be able to gt the K-1 visa... requirements are: Be single and free to marry, and have physically met within the previous two years.

That's it.

The evidence to show in the petition itself can vary depending on what country the beneficiary is from. If from a high fraud country, you need to front load the petition... if not, then keep the petition simple with just passport stamps showing entry/exit of the country, hotel receipts, receipts of purchases there, some photos, airline tickets/itenerary, some chat logs, ect.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Yeah.. actually i am USA citizen and my would be fiance is from india.. so india brother out there can help me out with my concern.. if needed to have grand function or simple engagement ok with immediate family only.. i did have met her in person once already and would be meeting 2nd time for the engagement will be enough proof for genoiun relationship???!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gurdip bassi said:

This is fine, but do NOT have an engagement party at home with friends and family. I wouldn't even have a "gathering." USCIS may deny you if they think it was a wedding party or a wedding gathering. Best not to even do it.

Best of luck to you!

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 7:20 AM, Gurdip bassi said:

Yeah.. actually i am USA citizen and my would be fiance is from india.. so india brother out there can help me out with my concern.. if needed to have grand function or simple engagement ok with immediate family only.. i did have met her in person once already and would be meeting 2nd time for the engagement will be enough proof for genoiun relationship???!

I met my fiance in person last August after we communicated for 4 months ,then he came to visit my family and proposed  to me  in January this year .We didn't have a party ,only had a dinner with my family at home.Then he went back to mail out the petition in February. Our petition got approved in Sep. 8.I don't think it'll have any problem if you have enough evidences to prove it's a true relationship. But you'd better go to visit her one more time before you mail out your I129F. Also my fiance mentioned in his story that I'd go to visit him this March.I did go to spend 44 days with him in March. Actually it's not the USCIS to decide it, they'll check your background not your fiancee at the first stage.The most important part will be the interview. The consulate officer will decide if she can get the K visa by her response ,medical result and your affidavits.😊So don't over think if you should get the evidence of engagement party,it depends on their custom.In some countries ,ppl need to have their family grant. You can also check some ppl's YouTube channels to find out what you need to prepare 

The most important thing to US immigration officials is evidence of a bona fide relationship. They do not care about engagement party or even wedding party, how grand or ungrand it is. You need to show that you have a relationship with this person and the best way to show that is time spent together.

P.S: it’s spelled “genuine”

Edited by kid1412

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.