babybabycakes

K1 VISA - receive email from NVC but no mail yet

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! My fiancé hasn’t received a letter from NVC.

However, we finally received a reply from them thru email and they attached a file stating that they are forwarding my case to my US Embassy and it’ll take several weeks.

I tried checking the “case number” they gave but so far it says invalid on ceac website. I was looking for it under “non-immigrant”.

My question now is do I wait for US Embassy to contact me or should I go on and get my medical now?

How do I know if US Embassy received my documents already so I can schedule for interview? Can anyone please please please help me!

thanks you,

Clare

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, babybabycakes said:

However, we finally received a reply from them thru email and they attached a file stating that they are forwarding my case to my US Embassy and it’ll take several weeks.

I tried checking the “case number” they gave but so far it says invalid on ceac website. I was looking for it under “non-immigrant”.

My question now is do I wait for US Embassy to contact me or should I go on and get my medical now?

How do I know if US Embassy received my documents already so I can schedule for interview? Can anyone please please please help me!

thanks you,

Clare

Same thing happened to me today! Any insight would be terrific

thanks you,

Clare

5 minutes ago, cdee098 said:

Same thing happened to me today! Any insight would be terrific.

You look it up under "immigrant" and here is why:

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non-immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links (what you received in the email) will send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 and DS-260 even though it truly is a non-immigrant visa requiring I-134 and the DS-160. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant (ceac.state.gov/). It stays that way until after your interview and the approval and your visa is ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

thanks you,

Clare

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course, it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps, he includes the what, when and why to complete the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next, you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like-minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread is processing through another country they would be hard-pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You look it up under "immigrant" and here is why:

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non-immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links (what you received in the email) will send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 and DS-260 even though it truly is a non-immigrant visa requiring I-134 and the DS-160. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant (ceac.state.gov/). It stays that way until after your interview and the approval and your visa is ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

Ok, super helpful, thank you! Now that I've done that, it gives me the following result--

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: XXXXXXXXX  

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

Which is great, but we've not been provided any interview date? So that's confusing. Should I call NVC? Would the interview date be sent to the beneficiary?

7 minutes ago, cdee098 said:

Ok, super helpful, thank you! Now that I've done that, it gives me the following result--

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: XXXXXXXXX  

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

Which is great, but we've not been provided any interview date? So that's confusing. Should I call NVC? Would the interview date be sent to the beneficiary?

Start reading here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cr/cr-niv-visaapply.asp

Once you get the P3 letter from your Embassy can you share it with me as I will share it with others that come behind you. I currently don't have one from your country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Start reading here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cr/cr-niv-visaapply.asp

Once you get the P3 letter from your Embassy can you share it with me as I will share it with others that come behind you. I currently don't have one from your country.

Thanks a bunch! I'll do a little digging there as well. I found the P3 letter posted in another sub-forum specific to Costa Rica. 

packet.pdf

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply. Mine said it is in “Transit”.

But yes the ”Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center” is really confusing. Cuz we weren’t provided any.

I’ve read threads here that says you don’t have to wait for your embassy to send you a letter. That as soon as ceac said your case is “ready” then you can go ahead for medical & interview.

Timeline

Hi guys, I have been digging in some threads but I find it a bit confusing since it is really case to case basis depending on your country too.

But I have a few questions:

1. What does “in transit” really means?

Does this mean it has been shipped by NVC and is about to arrive to embassy? or does it mean it is in embassy and they just need to get to it, encode and all before they change the status to “ready”?

cuz in some threads they explain this differently and focuses more on the visa arrival of “ap, ready, in transit, denied”.

I am planning to pay MVR tomorrow. According to Hank my receipt # will be valid for 1year so I think  it’s all good. 

2. I wonder though if I should “submit my signed DS 160 or not yet.

There was also a question there if I had vaccines required by the US which I answered “NO” to. Then a text box appeared saying “explain”.. and I wrote “I was vaccinated here in the Philippines and my mother has no record of it anymore. I will get the vaccines needed when I have my medical at St. Lukes”.

2 hours ago, babybabycakes said:

Hi guys, I have been digging in some threads but I find it a bit confusing since it is really case to case basis depending on your country too.

But I have a few questions:

1. What does “in transit” really means? Your case file is on it's way to USEM.

Does this mean it has been shipped by NVC and is about to arrive to embassy? or

does it mean it is in embassy and they just need to get to it, encode and all before they change the status to “ready”? Yes

cuz in some threads they explain this differently and focuses more on the visa arrival of “ap, ready, in transit, denied”. At this stage, with your file going to USEM, you can be in either "transit, received and ready". The time a petition will be in transit can vary significantly by embassy due to distance of travel to make the delivery and the time it takes the local embassy to process the paperwork.   Ultimately it is up to the embassy when they "throw the switch" and flag the status as Ready.   Local holidays can also contribute to the wait time.

In most cases delivery is made via DHL, but some embassies apparently receive an "electronic" copy and may mark it ready after only one day.

I am planning to pay MVR tomorrow. According to Hank my receipt # will be valid for 1year so I think  it’s all good. 

2. I wonder though if I should “submit my signed DS 160 or not yet.

There was also a question there if I had vaccines required by the US which I answered “NO” to. Then a text box appeared saying “explain”.. and I wrote “I was vaccinated here in the Philippines and my mother has no record of it anymore. I will get the vaccines needed when I have my medical at St. Lukes”.

Some of the questions are specific to the Philippines so it would be a good idea and to your benefit that you "camp" out there and ask questions.

The answer to vaccines is you answer YES because by the time you are at the interview you will have received your vac from SLEC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, babybabycakes said:

Thank you so much for your reply. Mine said it is in “Transit”.

But yes the ”Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center” is really confusing. Cuz we weren’t provided any. IGNORE!

I’ve read threads here that says you don’t have to wait for your embassy to send you a letter. That as soon as ceac said your case is “ready” then you can go ahead for medical & interview. What does the P3 letter from USEM state. What is stated on Hank's website.

Each Embassy is different that is why you'll see different steps in the P3 letter. My best suggestion is that you stick with the information that I supplied to you, the help you have gotten from HANK and ask your questions in the Philippine sub-forum. I see from you that you are getting confused which leads to mistakes.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

17 hours ago, babybabycakes said:

thanks you,

Clare

In case you have missed placed this information here it is again.

Here is information for USEM and the interview to help you along the way.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course, it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps, he includes the what, when and why to complete the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next, you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like-minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread is processing through another country they would be hard-pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thank you to everyone who replied!

my case said “ready”. I just paid mvr today at 10am (PH time). Unfortunately I wasn’t able to set an appointment. BPI said I really need to wait 24hrs. Even if it says after “four hours” on the mvr printout.

I already finished my ds160 and followed your suggestion to place “YES” for the vaccines.

now I am just waiting to set an appetite om Oct 29th, and do medical exam on Oct 22. :)

Just to clarify: the receipt number to book an appointment is the one on MVR right? Not passport number nor bank receipt number. (Lol. Sorry, I read a thread where people say it’s passport number).

thanks!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.