The Nature  Boy

Georgia Dem gubernatorial nominee says 'blue wave' will include undocumented immigrants Kaitlyn S

55 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Requiring an ID to prove the right to vote is NOT disenfranchisement.

Yes it is.. changing the rules right before a vote is disenfranchisement. 

12 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

i can't see what the issue is there.

That's part of the problem. 

14 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yes it is.. changing the rules right before a vote is disenfranchisement. 

These laws were implemented in 2012, I agree the enforcement wasn't as stiff before but people have had time to react to the law, 6 years should be sufficient to comply

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Voter ID laws and stripping the right to vote from exfellons and inmates. 

I'm not sure what an exfelon is. You are either a felon or not a felon. Maybe a felon who is pardoned could be called an exfelon. Putting that aside felons and inmates don't have the right to vote nor should they. Also you complain about voter ID laws but the gubernatorial candidate cited in this thread is the very reason we need voter ID laws.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

I'm not sure what an exfelon is. You are either a felon or not a felon. Maybe a felon who is pardoned could be called an exfelon. Putting that aside felons and inmates don't have the right to vote nor should they.

Which is disenfranchisement. 

Just now, Keith & Arileidi said:

Which is disenfranchisement. 

I disagree. When the felons and inmates chose to commit a crime they made the decision to give up their right to vote. I know the left is counting on their vote but they don't have the right to vote.

12 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

These laws were implemented in 2012, I agree the enforcement wasn't as stiff before but people have had time to react to the law, 6 years should be sufficient to comply

Agreed.. but the rules varie between county/state. Some have tried to enact the law right before their local elections. 

2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I disagree. When the felons and inmates chose to commit a crime they made the decision to give up their right to vote. I know the left is counting on their vote but they don't have the right to vote.

You can diagree all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact of it being disenfranchisment. 

The argument only gets stronger once we start to talk about people who have paid their debt to society. 

1 minute ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

You can diagree all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact of it being disenfranchisment. 

The argument only gets stronger once we start to talk about people who have paid their debt to society. 

These people are not being disenfranchised anymore than non citizens are. They have no legal right to vote.

Edited by jg121783

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

That's part of the problem. 

i think the problem is giving rights to those who can't even act civilized in our society.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Just now, Ban Hammer said:

i think the problem is giving rights to those who can't even act civilized in our society.

You are against people having rights? 

6 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

People who have been released from prison and aren't felons have paid their debt to society and regain their right to vote. Felons are people who have committed a crime so egregious our society has agreed that they should be stripped of certain rights. Life is full of choices. These people chose to commit a felony and by extension have chosen to forfeit their right to vote. No disenfranchisment here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

You are against people having rights? 

when they are convicted of a felony, yes.  hence the reason their right to vote and own firearms is lost.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

1 minute ago, Ban Hammer said:

when they are convicted of a felony, yes.  hence the reason their right to vote and own firearms is lost.

I am scratching my head trying to figure out what Voter ID has to do with Felons voting rights