Mr Genuis

Gathering documents for i130 petition

11 posts in this topic

hello everyone, i intend to file in November 2018. i have provided most of the documents but have difficulty in two basic documents. your advice would help:

I am currently working as an English teacher here in South Koea. in the case of jint bank account, koreans  do not have that law, meaning they do not accept a joint banck account for couples. so i fine it difficult to eplace that document

secondly, my house is provided to me by the school where i teach. i dont have any document to show as a house leas since the school has as contracts with the landlored on housing for all its teachers. how can i replace the document 'house leasing in this situation' to prove i live together with my partner?

7 hours ago, perks said:

hello everyone, i intend to file in November 2018. i have provided most of the documents but have difficulty in two basic documents. your advice would help:

I am currently working as an English teacher here in South Koea. in the case of jint bank account, koreans  do not have that law, meaning they do not accept a joint banck account for couples. so i fine it difficult to eplace that document

secondly, my house is provided to me by the school where i teach. i dont have any document to show as a house leas since the school has as contracts with the landlored on housing for all its teachers. how can i replace the document 'house leasing in this situation' to prove i live together with my partner?

Neither document is required so no need to worry there. I'm assuming you would want to use a joint bank account for evidence of the relationship. There are many other things you can use instead. Use the search on here to find evidence others have used. 

I'm assuming you want the lease for evidence of residency. Do you have anything else you can use? If you a valid work or residency permit that alone should be enough. 

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

2 hours ago, Jorge V said:

Neither document is required so no need to worry there. I'm assuming you would want to use a joint bank account for evidence of the relationship. There are many other things you can use instead. Use the search on here to find evidence others have used. 

I'm assuming you want the lease for evidence of residency. Do you have anything else you can use? If you a valid work or residency permit that alone should be enough. 

thanks very much

When I applied through DCF in Japan, I only needed to show I’m allowed to reside there with the stamp in my passport. I wasn’t on the lease that my husband signed for the apartment we lived in. Something similar should help you.

Also, we had a joint bank account then. But other proof of jointly living together includes tax forms, car registrations in your names, your marriage certificate, etc. I also provided pictures from our travels together and our wedding, including some pics we have with our families.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

On 10/19/2018 at 11:24 PM, ivyyy said:

When I applied through DCF in Japan, I only needed to show I’m allowed to reside there with the stamp in my passport. I wasn’t on the lease that my husband signed for the apartment we lived in. Something similar should help you.

Also, we had a joint bank account then. But other proof of jointly living together includes tax forms, car registrations in your names, your marriage certificate, etc. I also provided pictures from our travels together and our wedding, including some pics we have with our families.

okay thanks. in our case, we are in a country that does not allow joint account. And we don't have a car yet.  i also have a question to add.... when you went to deposit you package did you book for appointment?

Hey!  I'm an English teacher in China, and I asked the school I teach for for a form to prove my residency and they got the form from the local police and stamped it with the school seal.  Maybe you can ask your school for something similar?  Or maybe even a letter stamped and signed by a school official stating your situation.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:48 PM, quibily said:

Hey!  I'm an English teacher in China, and I asked the school I teach for for a form to prove my residency and they got the form from the local police and stamped it with the school seal.  Maybe you can ask your school for something similar?  Or maybe even a letter stamped and signed by a school official stating your situation.

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, perks said:

I just applied two days ago in through China DCF, I had the same problem. What I did was purchased some land bank in america and had the seller put the deed in both my name and my husband's name, show joint ownership of property. That was the only evidence I could come up with, and they accepted my petition so I think that the land deed satisfied the requirement. I saw you asked another poster about an appointment, to my understand an appointment is required in order to submit the I-130, but appointments seem to be scarce. I bought the land in the middle of august and knew it would take a month or more to complete and get over to me, so in mid september I went to the infopass website, they showed only one appointment available on Oct 12th, I booked it, then two days later, I went back on the infopass website and booked another appointment for Oct 22nd, just in case I needed another 10 days to get everything together, and I'm glad I did, because I didn't get the land deed until October 16th, and when I went online to check if there were other appointments available after the 22nd, they showed no available appointments, not sure why. I just checked South Korea and I see available appointments for Nov 5th, 6th, 9th, 13th, and 16th. https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/dates

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

"Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others. For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Passport entry stamp(s) and visa reflecting that you are residing in South Korea and not just visiting South Korea
  • Residency permit or card
  • Work authorization document
  • Military or government orders assigning you to reside in South Korea "

Thats from the USCIS Seoul Field Office website. In China we have 1-year residence permits, if we work here, in our passports and also a work permit card. If you have something similar those should be enough to prove your residency.

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

9 hours ago, OliverBa said:

I just applied two days ago in through China DCF, I had the same problem. What I did was purchased some land bank in america and had the seller put the deed in both my name and my husband's name, show joint ownership of property. That was the only evidence I could come up with, and they accepted my petition so I think that the land deed satisfied the requirement. I saw you asked another poster about an appointment, to my understand an appointment is required in order to submit the I-130, but appointments seem to be scarce. I bought the land in the middle of august and knew it would take a month or more to complete and get over to me, so in mid september I went to the infopass website, they showed only one appointment available on Oct 12th, I booked it, then two days later, I went back on the infopass website and booked another appointment for Oct 22nd, just in case I needed another 10 days to get everything together, and I'm glad I did, because I didn't get the land deed until October 16th, and when I went online to check if there were other appointments available after the 22nd, they showed no available appointments, not sure why. I just checked South Korea and I see available appointments for Nov 5th, 6th, 9th, 13th, and 16th. https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/dates

Thank you very much. this information was helpful. 

22 hours ago, OliverBa said:

"Please Note: Certain pieces of evidence may more strongly support a finding of residency than others. For petitions filed at this field office, you must submit one or more of the following:

• Passport entry stamp(s) and visa reflecting that you are residing in South Korea and not just visiting South Korea
  • Residency permit or card
  • Work authorization document
  • Military or government orders assigning you to reside in South Korea "

Thats from the USCIS Seoul Field Office website. In China we have 1-year residence permits, if we work here, in our passports and also a work permit card. If you have something similar those should be enough to prove your residency.

thank you very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.