Zahra17

Interview date....and medical

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

We finally received our interview date and we took a medical appointment wish is 2 weeks before the interview day is it good or it should be more closer to the interview date cause i heard the medical check should be very recent 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

2 weeks before the interview is fine. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

2 weeks is good enough 

if you are concerned with any issues for medical,   go to a dr and do a medical now

example - a spot on the lung could indicate TB starting and there is treatment 

could be treated before doing the immigration medical

BTW when is the interview

and congratutions on finally getting it

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

2 weeks is good enough 

if you are concerned with any issues for medical,   go to a dr and do a medical now

example - a spot on the lung could indicate TB starting and there is treatment 

could be treated before doing the immigration medical

BTW when is the interview

and congratutions on finally getting it

The interview is 26/11/2018 and my medical is 12/11/2018.

Thank youuuu so happy we finally got it

Timeline

i should have added the reason for the medical to be close to interview date is not only for the most recent medical info but because

u have to travel within 6 months of the medical exam

Timeline
1 hour ago, barrett405 said:

Hello Zahra17, could you tell us when your case was documentarily approved at the NVC? You are CR1 correct? Wondering how long it took between the time when you were documentarily approved and your interview date was assigned. Thanks!

It really depends on each case i believe some of my friends got their interview date after 4 or 5 weeks after getting the cc e-mail and 8 weeks after the nvc approval but my case took longer a little i waited almost 7 weeks after getting the cc e-mail. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, barrett405 said:

Could you tell me what date exactly yours was completed at the nvc? Ours was completed August 21 and we have still not received an interview date. You are CR-1 correct?

Yes cr1, i don't remember when it was exactly approved by the nvc but we received e-mail of case closed 30 of August  

Timeline
20 hours ago, Zahra17 said:

Yes cr1, i don't remember when it was exactly approved by the nvc but we received e-mail of case closed 30 of August  

So you’re not saying you know the exact date of your CC for NVC?  Normally NVC sends a message on your CEAC profile and by email.  Just because our CC is August 17th and we haven’t gotten an email for an interview yet and from what I understand they go in order by CC date? Anyone know if they sometimes don’t go in order? Getting anxious as we’ve been waiting close to 2 months now....

I think the last Moroccan August CC date (on VJ), that was scheduled for an interview, was for the end of October and their CC date was Aug 7th/8th.  

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Timeline
1 hour ago, Uoas said:

So you’re not saying you know the exact date of your CC for NVC?  Normally NVC sends a message on your CEAC profile and by email.  Just because our CC is August 17th and we haven’t gotten an email for an interview yet and from what I understand they go in order by CC date? Anyone know if they sometimes don’t go in order? Getting anxious as we’ve been waiting close to 2 months now....

I think the last Moroccan August CC date (on VJ), that was scheduled for an interview, was for the end of October and their CC date was Aug 7th/8th.  

I did mentioned the exact date when i got my cc e-mail "30" of August i repeat. 

The thing that i don't remember is when it was exactly approved cause i remember calling them and they said everything with our documents is good and they were processing our case but it took weeks after that call till we got the cc e-mail.

Just be patient you will get your interview date eventually, best luck.

Timeline

Salam ailkom

you still do not have a timeline

creating one is so helpful

you still have a lot of work to do before (if visa is issued) to get ready for citzenship

hope u have also checked the box for USCIS to apply for the SS card

it would be helpful if we knew how long (for instance) you have been married as there is a big diffence between 2 and 10 year green card 

your work is not completed just because there is a scheduled interview

best of luck to u for success

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.