Jump to content
cduran

Tourist Visa Question on K1

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This just occurred to me and I want to call USCIS but I want to make sure I'm on the right path. I filled out our entire K1 form online via Rapid Visa in June right after my trip in late May to Beirut. At the end of July, we decided to try to get him to visit for the holidays this year so he applied for a tourist visa but was denied. His interview was like August 18th or so and after the denial we decided oh well... I'll just go and visit in December. So I booked my ticket and mailed the fiance visa Aug 31st.

 

But it just occurred to me I didn't revise the petition to show he had been denied for the visa. Is this something I can call them and explain or do i have to send a revised one? My NOA2 date is many many months away but will this make it longer?


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big deal now, as the previous visa applications come into play when you are filling out the DS-160 before the interview. They ask about any previous visits to the United States, and if you have ever applied for a Visa to the United States before. I do not think this will be an issue for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Not a big deal now, as the previous visa applications come into play when you are filling out the DS-160 before the interview. They ask about any previous visits to the United States, and if you have ever applied for a Visa to the United States before. I do not think this will be an issue for you. 

Thank you! Oh, I hope you're right! Do you think I should call them and let them know so they at least have it in the notes or is that a bad idea?


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cduran said:

Thank you! Oh, I hope you're right! Do you think I should call them and let them know so they at least have it in the notes or is that a bad idea?

Getting thru to USCIS on the phone is a nightmare from my understanding, I have never tried it, but it is not a pleasant experience from what I have read on here. Even if you could get to someone that really cared and wanted to help you there is really no way to get stuff added to your petition now that it is on the way. I know people have tried mailing things to get added to their petition to try and avoid a RFE, but I have never heard of anyone being successful

I just looked thru my copy of my K1 I129F application, and no where in there does it ask if you have applied for a Visa, It asks if your fiancee has ever been to the United States before, and if yes you put in dates, times, visa type, etc., but I do not see anything about previous visa applications. But I know it will be asked for in the DS-160 for sure.

 

I would just let things ride for now. Trying to get anything added will just cause more problems.  Just keep tabs on the New USCIS site, and wait for anything to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Getting thru to USCIS on the phone is a nightmare from my understanding, I have never tried it, but it is not a pleasant experience from what I have read on here. Even if you could get to someone that really cared and wanted to help you there is really no way to get stuff added to your petition now that it is on the way. I know people have tried mailing things to get added to their petition to try and avoid a RFE, but I have never heard of anyone being successful

I just looked thru my copy of my K1 I129F application, and no where in there does it ask if you have applied for a Visa, It asks if your fiancee has ever been to the United States before, and if yes you put in dates, times, visa type, etc., but I do not see anything about previous visa applications. But I know it will be asked for in the DS-160 for sure.

 

I would just let things ride for now. Trying to get anything added will just cause more problems.  Just keep tabs on the New USCIS site, and wait for anything to happen.

On that note, you most probably right. I remember the online form that Rapid Visa had us fill out had more questions than the government form. I noticed that on the address section. If that's the case then I feel muchhhh better. Thank you so much for your help.


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cduran said:

On that note, you most probably right. I remember the online form that Rapid Visa had us fill out had more questions than the government form. I noticed that on the address section. If that's the case then I feel muchhhh better. Thank you so much for your help.

Your welcome. I'm sure you will get some more input on this from other members, but you should be fine. I did my own petition, but I am sure they ask a bunch of extra questions to cover anything that could happen. They are using the better to have more information than not enough theory I would assume, I know when I was preparing to file I got all sorts of information from my fiancee that I didn't need in the long run, but you want to prepare as best you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

Your welcome. I'm sure you will get some more input on this from other members, but you should be fine. I did my own petition, but I am sure they ask a bunch of extra questions to cover anything that could happen. They are using the better to have more information than not enough theory I would assume, I know when I was preparing to file I got all sorts of information from my fiancee that I didn't need in the long run, but you want to prepare as best you can.

Yess!! When I logged into the Rapid Visa account and looked at my petition it shows there but luckily I remembered that I kept a pdf copy of the one they prepared and was submitted and I carefully scrolled through it just now and that question really doesn't appear on it. Only on the online questionnaire RV had me fill out. Whew! I guess I'm overthinking it lol but thank you so much!


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, the I-129f only asks if the beneficiary ever been in the United States.  Once you get to the DS-160 stage , this is when they ask about previous denials. don't worry.


i-129f->: 12/29/17 - NOA1: 01/04/18 - NOA2: 7/23/18 (New website) 

->NVC: 8/8/18 Case# Assigned 8/9/18 NVC->: 8/21/18

->Embassy: 8/23 --> Ready (electronically) 8/27 (physically)

Interview Appt: 9/19/18 (APPROVED)

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)VISA IN HAND: 9/27/18(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

:goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

 

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

If I remember correctly, the I-129f only asks if the beneficiary ever been in the United States.  Once you get to the DS-160 stage , this is when they ask about previous denials. don't worry.

Yesss that was totally my mistake. Haha thank you!  🤗


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×