John & Rose

Question about Travel Tax

17 posts in this topic

I will be in the Philippines for a couple weeks over Thanksgiving.  I have decided to take the family to Hong Kong and Macau for a long weekend.  I booked through Expedia but Rose sent me a link to a local group that offers a similar vacation.  Expedia was cheaper but the Filipino travel agency said that they must pay the 1620 peso travel tax.  Is that true?  Do they pay it even if they are just leaving for a weekend?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I will be in the Philippines for a couple weeks over Thanksgiving.  I have decided to take the family to Hong Kong and Macau for a long weekend.  I booked through Expedia but Rose sent me a link to a local group that offers a similar vacation.  Expedia was cheaper but the Filipino travel agency said that they must pay the 1620 peso travel tax.  Is that true?  Do they pay it even if they are just leaving for a weekend?

That is sort of a "depends"      If it has been less than a year since the last time they traveled outside the Philippines then they don't pay travel tax again.   If it has been a year or longer since last traveling outside the Philippines then travel tax must be paid again.       It doesn't matter how long a person is outside the Philippines, it matters that they are EXITING the Philippines.

If they pay the travel tax with this vacation and they complete the visa process and are ready to travel in less than a year then they don't need to pay again .. do keep the receipt of payment.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

That is sort of a "depends"      If it has been less than a year since the last time they traveled outside the Philippines then they don't pay travel tax again.   If it has been a year or longer since last traveling outside the Philippines then travel tax must be paid again.       It doesn't matter how long a person is outside the Philippines, it matters that they are EXITING the Philippines.

The kids have never left and it has been 7 years for Rose.  That answers my question!  I will convince her to pay it before we leave.  It is a mess trying to get out of the Philippines.  They really need to fix the immigration section at the airport.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup gotta maintain that sweet airport somehow :lol:

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The kids have never left and it has been 7 years for Rose.  That answers my question!  I will convince her to pay it before we leave.  It is a mess trying to get out of the Philippines.  They really need to fix the immigration section at the airport.

Places you can pay the travel tax

TRAVEL TAX

Before exiting the Philippines (after receiving the visa and CFO sticker in your passport) there is Travel Tax to be paid.  This can be paid at the locations listed in the link below

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Places you can pay the travel tax

TRAVEL TAX

Before exiting the Philippines (after receiving the visa and CFO sticker in your passport) there is Travel Tax to be paid.  This can be paid at the locations listed in the link below

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

I like the online idea but I assume I will need to create three accounts to pay three fees.  I will check that out!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Unless there has been a change, my wife did not need to have a visa before flying to Macao, then taking a boat over to Hong Kong to go to Disneyland, we also just paid the tax at the airport 

ROC Filed July 2017

Walk in Bio completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha..We just did Hong Kong and Macau too..and Thailand...early honeymoon for us..

Good to know that the travel tax won't have to be paid again a month later..

4 minutes ago, MichaelnJanice said:

Unless there has been a change, my wife did not need to have a visa before flying to Macao, then taking a boat over to Hong Kong to go to Disneyland, we also just paid the tax at the airport 

They will not need visas for this trip.  We will try to get the tax paid before we get to the airport.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, edoginasia said:

Haha..We just did Hong Kong and Macau too..and Thailand...early honeymoon for us..

Good to know that the travel tax won't have to be paid again a month later..

How was Hong Kong and Macau?  It seemed like an interesting trip for the family since the kids have never flown.  Just a chance for us to all go away together and bond.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Naia 3, at airport was easy..AirAsia check in held our ticket until we returned with receipt..easy..small queue took about 10 minutes at 5am

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

How was Hong Kong and Macau?  It seemed like an interesting trip for the family since the kids have never flown.  Just a chance for us to all go away together and bond.

It was ok good..I was hoping Jesicca would really enjoy the area..but..sad to say..she got food sickness..she no like the local food of China..

Macau is big Las Vegas..and Hong Kong is Super City..beautiful lights..we did Victoria Top of mountain at sunset..very beautiful..lots of people doing the tourist things..and take note..hehe..lots of OFW everywhere gathering..Jesicca enjoyed seeing them all everywhere in large groups just enjoying their days off..

7 minutes ago, edoginasia said:

It was ok good..I was hoping Jesicca would really enjoy the area..but..sad to say..she got food sickness..she no like the local food of China..

Macau is big Las Vegas..and Hong Kong is Super City..beautiful lights..we did Victoria Top of mountain at sunset..very beautiful..lots of people doing the tourist things..and take note..hehe..lots of OFW everywhere gathering..Jesicca enjoyed seeing them all everywhere in large groups just enjoying their days off..

Congrats on your approval!  We are looking forward to the street food but maybe we will stick to better restaurants!  How are the prices?  I'm trying to plan an amazing trip for 4 but I'm not sure how much to budget.  I want them to have a great experience but I need to have Christmas covered too.  We already bought the passes fro Disneyland and the Macau tour.  Just spending and local transportation costs left.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

The spices used in cooking was what didn't agree with her..(5 spice)

In Macau we found a bakery that was masarap...Pork bun's and egg tarts..

We enjoyed the ferry ride HK to Macau.  and enjoyed the ease of the rail in HK.

And watching the lights of Victory Island is a sight to see..Free!

Enjoy Disneyland..looks really fun..

Timeline
1 hour ago, MichaelnJanice said:

I don't think a visa is required for there either.   That info was grabbed from the page for processing an immigrant or K-1 visa.   Sorry if it was misleading.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.