D and T

Left country before GC or I130

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, geowrian said:

I also encourage you to try a visit. So long as your are honest, it won't hurt your case.

At the same time, to be honest those aren't really going to be seen as ties in your case. (Strong) Ties are built over time. A brand new lease, job, and car can be abandoned almost instantly with little to no consequences (well some monetary consequence for the lease...).

I can only do so much about ties to Canada at the moment, but surely the reasons why would make sense to any officials looking at my case. I'd already disposed of my apartment and vehicle and so on, in order to immigrate on the K1 visa. It's not like I was just a vagabond or a transient or anything like that, so it does seem like it should be understandable if not ideal.  I can only try it and see what happens, if I get that far.  Again, thank you so much for your kind assistance. 🙂

17 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Thousands of Canadians with immigrant intent are visiting each year.  Abandonning her AOS and applying for a spousal visa should not preven her from visiting once she is settled back in Canada.

@D and T - Before applying for a spousal visa, I think you should consider having your spouse move to you.  If the experience of moving to the USA was... not great... maybe your spouse would find it easier to come to you.  Food for thoughts before you file again.  Best of luck.

I had the same thought myself,  that there must be lots of Canadians in various stages of processing visiting the US all the time. I wondered if customs officials would really be so unyielding in a case like mine where there was never any ill intent.  If they are suspicious then that's a different thing, and they certainly should be keeping out people who are trying to jump the line or enter illegally.

So, you don't feel that my lack of strong ties would be a big deterrent? As I mentioned elsewhere, the fact that I no longer have such ties is simply because of my marriage and relocation and no other reason. It's certainly not unreasonable or illogical but in any case I must abide by their judgment.  

Having my husband move here unfortunately isn't an option at the moment but if we can repair this mess, it may not be completely out of the question in future.

Thank you so much for your advice and taking an interest in my dilemma. I appreciate your thoughts very much! 🙂

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well it will take a bit of time but you have the mega advantage of being Canadian so your chances of being able to visit in the relatively near future are much higher.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Well it will take a bit of time but you have the mega advantage of being Canadian so your chances of being able to visit in the relatively near future are much higher.

If we could get the spousal petition done and have the NOA1 on hand for that, I wonder if they'd let me visit him for the holidays.

Or is that pushing it? I'll have a lease by then and maybe a car but a job will be a little tougher. Well we'll see I guess. Nothing else to do.

Thank you so much again 🙂

• June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline

In addendum: Sadly, I don't know if my husband and I will be reconciling at this point.

But I thought I would continue to supply information as I learn it in case it helps anyone else suffering through a similar scenario.

I called the number on the I797C to let them know what had happened.  Due to the first call becoming disconnected, I ended up speaking to two officers. Both were very professional, extremely sympathetic to my distress and very kind and decent. 

So they explained that I would have to mail a letter to the local office and explain what happened. Even though the field office won't receive the letter until after my scheduled interview date, she said it's still good for my record for them to know that I didn't miss my interview out of ill intent or apathy. She said that they would contact me after receipt of the letter and advise how to close or cancel my I485.

I'll continue to update with helpful info if any in future.

• June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.