dantish

haven't received i-751 receipt yet...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all!

We sent in our i-751 and packet to the California center via FedEx on September 12th. It was confirmed as delivered on the 17th. We haven't heard from USCIS yet, and my husband plans to travel abroad next month for Diwali. The check has not been deducted from our account. Is this in the normal time frame still? Any advice? Thank you!

They have slowed down a lot. It's taking one to two months currently to cash the check and mail out the receipt, so have your husband sit tight for now.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is interesting topic. We mailed our I-751 to the Phoenix office on 9/17/18. We received the email USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email on 9/24/18. The check was cashed 9/24/18 and we still haven't received the NOA in the mail yet. Oct 8th is a holiday for the post office. I'm hoping to see the letter in my mailbox by October 10th. 

Has anyone else signed up for 'Informed Delivery' on the USPS.COM website? I was able to get it here where I live. Once you're signed up for it, you can login to the USPS website and see scanned copies of the envelopes that are being delivered in the mail. 

Met in person summer of 1986

Started Dating August 24 1989

Started dating second time around March 12th 2015

Engaged May 17th 2015

Married May 21st 2016

Sent I-129F: June 18th, 2015

NOA1: June 23rd 2015

NOA2: July 22nd 2015

NVC Received: August 6th, 2015

Consulate Received: August 14th, 2015

Interview: March 15th, 2016 APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: March 23rd, 2016

POE: April 15th, 2016 Otay Mesa Border Crossing (San Diego)

Sunset Wedding: May 21st, 2016 at 7:15PM On the Beach in Carpinteria, California.

----------------------

AOS

I-485 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-765 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-131 Filed: June 17th, 2016

NOA Received July 4th 2016

Biometrics Appointment: July 30th at 8AM

Biometrics Completed: July 21st 2016 (Oxnard Ca, No Line, no waiting, went 9 days early)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks everyone, we're getting worried because he has international travel planned for Nov 4th. Any advice on going to a USCIS office to correct the issue or is a trip deferment in order?

• 2 weeks later...
On October 3, 2018 at 8:04 AM, dantish said:

Hi all!

We sent in our i-751 and packet to the California center via FedEx on September 12th. It was confirmed as delivered on the 17th. We haven't heard from USCIS yet, and my husband plans to travel abroad next month for Diwali. The check has not been deducted from our account. Is this in the normal time frame still? Any advice? Thank you!

Just an FYI, as of September 10th I believe, all applications should be sent to USCIS Lockbox in Phoenix which will then turn it over to California Service Center (only they know why they do this). I think this is why there is such a delay.  One of my friends sent in an I-751 back in July and they received their extension letter within a week of the check being cashed.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 4:23 PM, dantish said:

Thanks everyone, we're getting worried because he has international travel planned for Nov 4th. Any advice on going to a USCIS office to correct the issue or is a trip deferment in order?

you need to make an infopass apointment and talk to an officer. I am not sure you would get your extension in time for the trip.

If your current GC is valid for the entire trip, you should be good though. You can leave and come back.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

We submitted ours on 9/5. Nothing yet. Just got off the phone with them 10 seconds ago and they said there was a big delay for August and September people in getting the data entered and notices sent out. That’s about wrapped up so it should be out soon. For reference, sent to Phoenix lockbox (California residents) on 9/5 and haven’t received anything at all yet.

The guy on the phone wouldn’t give me the receipt number as I’m the petitioner so I need my wife to call in (she’s abroad) and it’s likely that they can pull the receipt number to give her as it’s probably processed by now.

Edited by sundizz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.