nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I have been waiting 2 months and 1 day today. USCIS customer service told me 90 days is the potential time to wait. I am sure you will get yours soon! Good lucK!

I wish the same to you. People at my district get their Oath 2-3 weeks after interview, I just feel so anxious 😟 

Im so anxious...tomorrow at 8;30 am is my interview for my n400 application,i just hope that i can bring everything that they needed and im hoping i dont get too nervous when they ask me the civic test..its gonna be the USCIS office in San Antonio texas...anybody had an interview there?any input and advice will be appreciated..thank you guys

1 minute ago, Mfagras said:

Im so anxious...tomorrow at 8;30 am is my interview for my n400 application,i just hope that i can bring everything that they needed and im hoping i dont get too nervous when they ask me the civic test..its gonna be the USCIS office in San Antonio texas...anybody had an interview there?any input and advice will be appreciated..thank you guys

You got this. I’m sure you’ll do fine. All the best and congratulations in advance!!!

I

3 hours ago, dannyphan91 said:

Congrats.

it have been 2 weeks since my interview and my status still showing “ Oath will be schedule “ :(

does anyone know how long it will take for them to schedule in Charlotte NC? I just want to get this long process  over with.

It’s been 30 days since I got the approval and still waiting online status showing “ we approved your application “ 

I got pulled over by border patrol while riding in the San Diego canyons  yesterday and I explained my situation and he said it should be very soon now lol

12 hours ago, Mfagras said:

You've got this! They didn't ask ANYTHING from me. I showed up with a HUGE bag, binders full of stuff and all he wanted to see was my passport/ID/green card. Not even my husband's passport! I had to force him to take my 2018 takes and renewed lease lol. Reading stories here, they don't seem to ask for much, maybe you taxes, updated lease, or recent bank statements. The interview wasn't hard, just boring as they go over the questions on the N-400. By the time the civics test came I was actually calm. If you've studied, you've got this!

Finally! It's on the dhs site too. They better schedule that oath ceremony soon. Though I'm not expecting it for at least a months, despite of having 2 dates (with 3 ceremonies each) per month, Milwaukee seems to be so slow... Maybe it is because the ceremonies are rather small here? I saw someone's pics from LA, there was a crazy amount of people there.
image.png.a234730ca5fa8e39b283879fe02eddd0.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I just want to update you guys about my case in case someone is in the same boat.

So today I got an Email saying they have taken action in my case and so I signed in (with excitement!! woooaaahh) and this notice came out:

n400notice.thumb.jpg.fa9a187eed927f847f696fcdd506c240.jpg

I guess now I have an interview, but (I don't know if they get money everytime you go to their notification web site or what)  I have to wait a "few days" to get an interview date:

May 14, 2019

We scheduled your interview

View your letter on your documents tab for the interview date, time, and location

Note: It may take up to a few days for your letter to show on your documents tab.

My Permanet Green Card is pending and the last notice I have it's that it was transferred to a New office in MO 🙄

Reading All your post I noticed that my case is going pretty slow.... but hey! I am almost done.

Just finish my interview a few hours ago in san antonio office and i passed!the officer interview me was very nice and like anybody else here,i brought a file of paperworks but he just asked me for my passport,greencard and drivers license.We went straight to civic questions test...what is the name of national anthem?Name one state that borders canada?President of the US now?The House of Representatives has how many voting members?Who did the united states fights in WW2?Name of Vice President?What is the supreme law of the land?i had one mistake thats why theres 7 question there...then he asked me about my previous residence and trips outside the US...then the normal questions answered by yes or no...after that he gave me a piece of paper stating that i paseed the test and just wait for the letter of oath taking in the mail....thank god everything run smoothly,thats easiest than i thought...good luck to everybody whos still waiting for their interview

39 minutes ago, karensita said:

I just want to update you guys about my case in case someone is in the same boat.

So today I got an Email saying they have taken action in my case and so I signed in (with excitement!! woooaaahh) and this notice came out:

n400notice.thumb.jpg.fa9a187eed927f847f696fcdd506c240.jpg

I guess now I have an interview, but (I don't know if they get money everytime you go to their notification web site or what)  I have to wait a "few days" to get an interview date:

My Permanet Green Card is pending and the last notice I have it's that it was transferred to a New office in MO 🙄

Reading All your post I noticed that my case is going pretty slow.... but hey! I am almost done.

My letter was under the documents tab within a day.

I am traveling in two weeks and I am a little on edge. 

I  have not heard a 'pin drop' about my interview :( I applied in October and my office is in Nashville TN. I get the weekly generic update about still working on my case.

Sigh..... A bit frustrating.

I have my 18-month extension letter and my passport stamped. 

Should I be worried about traveling? I know it depends on the situation and all. I guess I am just airing my thoughts. 😕

3 hours ago, Toya1708 said:

I am traveling in two weeks and I am a little on edge. 

I  have not heard a 'pin drop' about my interview :( I applied in October and my office is in Nashville TN. I get the weekly generic update about still working on my case.

Sigh..... A bit frustrating.

I have my 18-month extension letter and my passport stamped. 

Should I be worried about traveling? I know it depends on the situation and all. I guess I am just airing my thoughts. 😕

it's all up to you. they usually give you a month of warning before you interview so if your trip is short enough, it may be ok. I was afraid to travel with my extension letters and definitely would be so close to them expiring, so I don't have actual experience with traveling. 

14 hours ago, Butterfly83 said:

it's all up to you. they usually give you a month of warning before you interview so if your trip is short enough, it may be ok. I was afraid to travel with my extension letters and definitely would be so close to them expiring, so I don't have actual experience with traveling. 

Thank you for responding.

I won't be out of the country for long (2 weeks).

I will be taking my expired GC, extension letter and my passport is stamped, so I am hoping I won't run into any issues.

PS. I got my driver's license renewed for 5 years with absolutely no issues, just based off of my extension letter. When I had gotten the 12-month extension letter, they only renewed my license for exactly 1 year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, Greencardchicago said:

Hi everyone, 

I have 2 questions for all of you who did the oath ceremony and got the passport. 

First question- for all of you who got the passport at the passport agency, did they send you the passport or you need to pick it up from the same place?

Second question- I know that they take the original naturalization certificate, so did you get the certificate back together with the passport, if not, how long does it take to get the original certificate back? 

I dropped off my application in the morning and picked up my passport and naturalization certificate the same day from the same location.  I overheard another agent saying they could mail the passport out if the applicant didn't want to come back to the agency.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, jefferyd said:

I dropped off my application in the morning and picked up my passport and naturalization certificate the same day from the same location.  I overheard another agent saying they could mail the passport out if the applicant didn't want to come back to the agency.

How long did you wait for pick up? Was it fast? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Greencardchicago said:

How long did you wait for pick up? Was it fast? 

I dropped it off at 8 am and they said it would be ready at 3.  I don't know if they can turn them faster if needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.