Megan&Daniel

NVC Notice and In Transit on same day?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay guys. This process is never quick so I am a little confused on what happened today. 

I received via email that NVC has received my approved I-129F today and that the NVC will now forward my case to the London Embassy. YAY! 

So of course I went right to CEAC website and dropped in my new fancy case number just to see what it looks like. I know it takes about two weeks usually. 

When I checked my number at CEAC it said that my visa is already " In Transit"

Does this seem off? On the same day? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

They send that mail when it gets into transit. They had your case ready at NVC before that so if you called and got your number before you would see it being “at NVC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

They send that mail when it gets into transit. They had your case ready at NVC before that so if you called and got your number before you would see it being “at NVC

That is what I figured. I called twice but couldn't wait on hold anymore and saw they prefer emails. I emailed them and didn't get a response. Time to move forward with the next steps! Thank you!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DiegoRlz said:

Hi, unfortunately i cant help you because i am not in that stage yet. But i hope you can help me by answering me a doubt i have. 

1. since the uscis approved your case, in how much time did the  nvc receive it? thanks, i hope you can answer. 

Our I-129F was approved on Sept 11th and I received the letter in the mail on the 14th. I just got the email today that it was at NVC 

Edited by Megan&Daniel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, Megan&Daniel said:

Our I-129F was approved on Sept 11th and I received the letter in the mail on the 14th. I just got the email today that it was at NVC 

Ours was approved on the 11th and we received email from NVC yesterday saying they received it and it also says "In Trsnsit" today 😱

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
4 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

so you are waiting now for the nvc to give you your case number.. any idea of how much time it would take? 

No no.... NVC gave us our case number Monday.

They received it Friday. Got our case number Monday. They shipped it and it was saying "In Transit" yesterday and the Embassy recieved it today. Got the email this morning from the Embassy. Really I cannot believe how quick it is all going now.

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

No no.... NVC gave us our case number Monday.

They received it Friday. Got our case number Monday. They shipped it and it was saying "In Transit" yesterday and the Embassy recieved it today. Got the email this morning from the Embassy. Really I cannot believe how quick it is all going now.

That is awesome! What did your email say? Congrats! 

Timeline

I know that it is embassy specific, but this is the email (oh, and Turkey does things digitally which is WAY faster)

Dear Petitioner;

Greetings from US Embassy, Ankara,

This is in regards to the K1 visa petition you filed on behalf of ***** ******. We would like to inform you that your approved petition has reached our office.

Please click on https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/  for "Instructions for K1 Visa applicants". A separate paper instruction packet will not be sent.

The instructions you will find in the links provided will guide you to schedule an online appointment for your visa interview.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Ankara, Turkey

Case Number: ANK**********

Name  (P)  : ***** ******

Preference Category: K1 - TRKY

Edited by <3T&M<3

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.