jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, Ducker said:

Got the EAD card notification earlier in the week, received the card today, sweet.  

just for clarification what kind of notification did you receive? 

We got one that said approved, but have not got one that said produced or mailed like some others on the fourm.

should we expect something in the mail to just randomly show up? lol

1 minute ago, Jjcouple said:

This might be a stupid question but on our adjustment application we checked that we want a social security number to be issued- when in the process does this get issued? (we went to the social security administration office about a week after my wife got here but was told she was not in the system yet) then later they mailed us a note after our K1 expired that they could not give us one because our documents were expired. Total waste of time but curious if we will get one since we marked the box in the application- anyone have luck with this? 

Yes you will get it after EAD approval. And if it doesnt come in the mail (unlikely) you can visit SSA with your EAD and reapply. It will be approved because you would then have legal status again.

1 minute ago, Jjcouple said:

just for clarification what kind of notification did you receive? 

We got one that said approved, but have not got one that said produced or mailed like some others on the fourm.

should we expect something in the mail to just randomly show up? lol

Sometimes it takes a week or more to have the status change to "card mailed" etc. If not you will get a notice in the mail saying its approved and then your card shortly after.

3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Sometimes it takes a week or more to have the status change to "card mailed" etc. If not you will get a notice in the mail saying its approved and then your card shortly after.

Thanks for the heads up! It's silly because I filled out  the form for the text and/or email and never got those :P oh USCIS...

6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes you will get it after EAD approval. And if it doesnt come in the mail (unlikely) you can visit SSA with your EAD and reapply. It will be approved because you would then have legal status again.

Good to know that two big cats talk to each other for this. I was shocked when we went to the SSA and they were like uh...we don't know who this is/name does not match. I just laughed and said ok thanks we will check later after AOS. Mind you I came with the i-94 too. 

10 minutes ago, Jjcouple said:

Thanks for the heads up! It's silly because I filled out  the form for the text and/or email and never got those :P oh USCIS...

You would have only got that text/email from the G1145 for the initial Noa1 nothing after that.

You can sign up for emails/texts on myuscis.gov but they are only effective if your status actually updates. 

10 minutes ago, Jjcouple said:

Good to know that two big cats talk to each other for this. I was shocked when we went to the SSA and they were like uh...we don't know who this is/name does not match. I just laughed and said ok thanks we will check later after AOS. Mind you I came with the i-94 too. 

You applied for your SSN in your married name or you applied in your maiden name and had a name mismatch between your passport/I94 and what DHS has on record for you?

Hi all! Congratulations to all those who have gotten approved, so happy for all of you, and thank you for posting to give me some sort of sanity during this insane process! 

I'm an October 4 filer here-- anyone else around this date still stuck on "Case Received"? I'm going to call USCIS tomorrow morning, I think-- not that I expect to receive any updates, but just wondering if there's anyone else still waiting? My husband and I are going a little crazy waiting for his EAD so he can start working, and now his grandfather is not well in Bombay so he's really hoping to be able to make a visit ASAP. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Oh no I thought the SSN would arrive with my EAD card 🤨 

So usually we have to go to SSA once we’ve recieved the card... do you know if I’ll receive it the same day or do I apply there and then wait for them to mail it?

Just now, Morgan89 said:

Oh no I thought the SSN would arrive with my EAD card 🤨 

So usually we have to go to SSA once we’ve recieved the card... do you know if I’ll receive it the same day or do I apply there and then wait for them to mail it?

No I said there are two things that might occur. You SHOULD get your SSN in the mail a few days after your EAD arrives if you applied on the I765 OR if by chance it doesnt come which is UNLIKELY, you can go into SSA with your EAD and apply yourself.

30 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

4 minutes ago, Morgan89 said:

do you know if I’ll receive it the same day or do I apply there and then wait for them to mail it?

If this is the scenario you have to take it usually takes a cpl of days to come in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, SonaliHormazd said:

Hi all! Congratulations to all those who have gotten approved, so happy for all of you, and thank you for posting to give me some sort of sanity during this insane process! 

I'm an October 4 filer here-- anyone else around this date still stuck on "Case Received"? I'm going to call USCIS tomorrow morning, I think-- not that I expect to receive any updates, but just wondering if there's anyone else still waiting? My husband and I are going a little crazy waiting for his EAD so he can start working, and now his grandfather is not well in Bombay so he's really hoping to be able to make a visit ASAP. 

I'm from October 4th. I passed biometrics on October 29, but on the site is still no changes - "Case was received" ( all 3 petitions).  I wait for the date,  when it will be possible to submit a request for the EAD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jjcouple said:

This might be a stupid question but on our adjustment application we checked that we want a social security number to be issued- when in the process does this get issued? (we went to the social security administration office about a week after my wife got here but was told she was not in the system yet) then later they mailed us a note after our K1 expired that they could not give us one because our documents were expired. Total waste of time but curious if we will get one since we marked the box in the application- anyone have luck with this? 

Okay I found this via desktop view but it looks a little different for whatever reason!

Glad you found it.  For everyone's benefit here's a full screenshot of my.uscis.gov.  I'm using Safari on Mac so your PC may look a little different.  The USCIS app is good for notifying you of updates, but if you've been sitting on your hands and wondering what's going on, it's worthwhile to check this website once a week, As you can see this has my wife's full case history listed, including the K1 visa.  Again, note that the I-765 and I-485 petitions have different numbers, so make sure to enter both.

casehistory.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No I said there are two things that might occur. You SHOULD get your SSN in the mail a few days after your EAD arrives if you applied on the I765 OR if by chance it doesnt come which is UNLIKELY, you can go into SSA with your EAD and apply yourself.

Ohhh okay thanks!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed these concurrently; I-765 receipt date is October 1st, 2018 and Biometrics were completed November 2nd, 2018 and the only update is, 'Case Was Received' ...... Filing Marriage-Based Greencard, Married for 3+ years ...... GOING CRAZY/WORRYING WITHOUT ANY UPDATES... no fingerprint completed updates, no i-693 courtesy letter, no forwarding, no messages, no communication since 'Case Rec'd' 5.5 months ago. AM I THE ONLY OCTOBER FILER LEFT? (October 1st receipt date too!)

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 09.16.54.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.