saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How do I make sure? I thought when I Called then I’d get something in the mail with a new file number. As California doesn’t process spouse of us citizen , I’m still a WAC

15 minutes ago, ns84 said:

How do I make sure? I thought when I Called then I’d get something in the mail with a new file number. As California doesn’t process spouse of us citizen , I’m still a WAC

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
login to the old USCIS case status and see below detailed info when was your ticket completed. They should have provided you a ticket number for upgrade

47 minutes ago, ns84 said:

You will keep your WAC receipt number. They will adjudicate your case on CSC most likely. 

Create an account https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do add your Case Number and see your Case History.
You should have something like this.
image.png.dacb07e57c0384d11d0b2ce4e58e2ac0.png

7 hours ago, saladboye said:

if anyone care, just got off call with NVC:

My 08/08 approved I-130 petition reached NVC on 09/04 and currently they are working on cases received on 08/12.

@J()hn , @Alexus_f, @Bamo So 15 more business days boys!

Approved on August 05, 2019, NVC received my approved petition on September 05, 2019. 

I just called NVC right now to ask if they received my approved petition and said they just receive it this morning. 😄 but they also said that i need to wait 8 weeks to process it and get a welcome letter. 😭 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, J()hn said:

Approved on August 05, 2019, NVC received my approved petition on September 05, 2019. 

I just called NVC right now to ask if they received my approved petition and said they just receive it this morning. 😄 but they also said that i need to wait 8 weeks to process it and get a welcome letter. 😭 

Yeah she told me right now they are working on files that were received at NVC on august 12, so I'm guessing 3 more weeks.

1 minute ago, saladboye said:

Yeah she told me right now they are working on files that were received at NVC on august 12, so I'm guessing 3 more weeks.

I think so too.. im sure that we are not gonna wait 8 weeks to process it.. lol! Goodluck to us! :) 

5 hours ago, ns84 said:

What i did on mine is i called them to upgrade my petition and after 1 week i received a letter on the mail saying that they upgrade my petition as a US citizen. 

16 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

I finally have an update. How long do I need to wait for the letter? What should I prepare? In terms of conversations in message, do I need to translate it? 

20190905_085801.jpg

So thats PD of April 2019 and Upgrade of June 2019 - Hopefully there aren't any late entry people with PD in past and upgrading now 🙂 .

Then only I can expect my July Upgrade see some changes

On 9/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, stech786 said:

You gave me hope. My PD is after two months your PD and upgraded in May. So next month should be mine 

I don’t think it’s May responses. It also depends on your PD date. If your PD is July 2018+ then you have to wait. 

I know now someone who upgrade in May 2019, but PD was in Mar 2017. They had to wait two months after upgrade for I-130 approval. 

@stech786 Bro - My PD is June 2018 and Upgraded in July 2019 - I see April 2018 PD with a June 2019 Upgrade got an RFE - So at least seeing some thing happening. Hopefully my chance comes soon.

34 minutes ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

@stech786 Bro - My PD is June 2018 and Upgraded in July 2019 - I see April 2018 PD with a June 2019 Upgrade got an RFE - So at least seeing some thing happening. Hopefully my chance comes soon.

So based on this. You have at least 1.5 month wait before you see movement

10 hours ago, J()hn said:

What number for NVC you called? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, cesar2109 said:

You will keep your WAC receipt number. They will adjudicate your case on CSC most likely. 

Create an account https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do add your Case Number and see your Case History.
You should have something like this.
image.png.dacb07e57c0384d11d0b2ce4e58e2ac0.png

Thanks so much..just created the account, and saw that they did upgrade me to a citizen. Although i didnt receive anything in the mail..at-least its documented. any idea of what the next steps could be? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, YoGeSh PaTeL said:

So thats PD of April 2019 and Upgrade of June 2019 - Hopefully there aren't any late entry people with PD in past and upgrading now 🙂 .

Then only I can expect my July Upgrade see some changes

My PD is Oct 2018 and upgraded June 2019. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

My PD is Oct 2018 and upgraded June 2019. 

Feels like they aren't able to verify your citizenship.

Did you provide the nat cert no. ? when you called or had a chat ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.