749 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks, our biggest worry is our significant age gap. We have personally met twice - Once before applying for the K1 and once after applying for it. I am planning to be there for her - knowing that she will need me to be there regardless of the interview resulting in a visa approval or denial. Do you have any words of wisdom for my fiance to answer question about the significant age difference?

This is about your third or fourth posting on this particular topic (age gap). The best anyone could advice is for your fiance to be honest and have a free flowing conversation with the CO. She is the only one privy to her situation and respond accordingly to questions asked of her. Even if they allow a USC fiance into the embassy complex, you would not be allowed at the window; just the applicant. No one but the two of you know the reasons behind your choice of a fiance 22 years junior. She just needs to be prepared.. but not coached.. with the truth if the question comes up. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks, our biggest worry is our significant age gap. We have personally met twice - Once before applying for the K1 and once after applying for it. I am planning to be there for her - knowing that she will need me to be there regardless of the interview resulting in a visa approval or denial. Do you have any words of wisdom for my fiance to answer question about the significant age difference?

Honestly, I don't feel like it will be seen as an issue in your case. It's not uncommon to have an age difference with a younger female partner and certainly not an issue for US/Filipinos because that's the most common scenario with 15-30yr age gaps. It's the other way around when a young man from India is interested in an older US woman because they are seen as a mismatch by the government and possibly immigrating for money or comfort. It's unfortunate and biased in many cases but that's the way it's perceived currently. My friends received instant approval and she (Indian) was in the US in weeks and married within a months time to her husband! 

I love your story and it's great that you can be there for her at the interview. You may walk to the counter with her and will politely but promptly be told to sit down (where an Indian guard will seat you as far away as space permits). The officer may call on you so watch for her signal. They may not call on you at all.

If she needs an interpreter by all means use one but be clear and concise in response. She can simply state that she "lost her husband tragically, fell in love once again after some time and is excited to build a new future...etc." The officer will likely ask where/how you met, show me pictures of you together, why not marry in India (I.e. because you have children in US and it's important that they be involved, career doesn't permit a month away, etc) and what do you do for a living, how much you make, etc.

I was at the interview and we just happened to have an officer that was an ####### (not likely to be the case in everyone's interview). It should be the rare circumstance for most so don't be nervous from our experience. I probably made it worse with my clear distain for the officer after the fact! ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Honestly, I don't feel like it will be seen as an issue in your case. It's not uncommon to have an age difference with a younger female partner and certainly not an issue for US/Filipinos because that's the most common scenario with 15-30yr age gaps. It's the other way around when a young man from India is interested in an older US woman because they are seen as a mismatch by the government and possibly immigrating for money or comfort. It's unfortunate and biased in many cases but that's the way it's perceived currently. My friends received instant approval and she (Indian) was in the US in weeks and married within a months time to her husband! 

I love your story and it's great that you can be there for her at the interview. You may walk to the counter with her and will politely but promptly be told to sit down (where an Indian guard will seat you as far away as space permits). The officer may call on you so watch for her signal. They may not call on you at all.

If she needs an interpreter by all means use one but be clear and concise in response. She can simply state that she "lost her husband tragically, fell in love once again after some time and is excited to build a new future...etc." The officer will likely ask where/how you met, show me pictures of you together, why not marry in India (I.e. because you have children in US and it's important that they be involved, career doesn't permit a month away, etc) and what do you do for a living, how much you make, etc.

I was at the interview and we just happened to have an officer that was an ####### (not likely to be the case in everyone's interview). It should be the rare circumstance for most so don't be nervous from our experience. I probably made it worse with my clear distain for the officer after the fact! ;)

Thank you so much for the comforting words. My hope is the the officer will understand our situation and look at our case with integrity and not get biased by age, or any thing else. We are prepared to answer all questions based on how it relates to our situation. I am a positive thinker- Worst case, even if for any reason they deny her the visa- this will be my third trip to india to visit with her- I plan to extend my stay there by a few days and get married in the court and apply for the spousal visa. ITs just that too much money and stress- I wish the government had better way to track wrong doers and speed the process for those who are legitimately trying to move with their lives. Thank you really for your comments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thought I would ask in this forum my question I had submitted in the NOA2 to NVC forum.

I have a question that I am sure has been answered but can't seem to find it. Since we have our case number but still at the NVC, is it possible to schedule the medical appoint now or wait wait until the case is stating "Ready"?  My fiance went to the approved medical sites and was told that the original appointment letter is required. What is the original appointment letter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 1:25 PM, IndiaAnnie said:

Thanks for starting this thread @A_R. It's a unique process for India after the NOA2 and difficult to watch the rest of the world move along so quickly lol! We've had a few stories of great success (Nikhi & Pat) and others who received immediate approvals and flew through the process quickly. I am so happy for them and love watching their story grow... we're all friends on the outside after this process!!!

I, on the other hand, did everything right and front loaded our case (surely they asked for my tax records and support affidavit at the interview) but we have been stuck in AP since our April 13th interview in Mumbai. We've had our congressman office send three inquiries, emailed numerous times and so many updates to our case (both resulting from our contact and random updates). I understand that Prasad and I are a difficult case both with prior divorce, children in both countries, etc. but we provide 100% for our families (even his ex) and it's driving us crazy to not be together and start our lives as one.

I leave U.S. on October 15th to spend 30-days at our Bangalore home (blessed to work remote from anywhere in the world). The travel every 6mo is expensive and taking away from so many other things we'd rather spend it on (I.e. the kids, education, etc.) I guess we're lucky in that sense to have the luxury of doing so but we're at the end of that rope. He's going back into business with his partner, supporting his kids and managing the family. I'm working 60hr weeks and managing the kids busy schedules and raising the family as a single mom. It's unfortunate that govt process doesn't give a about the human element in the process. I'd give up my income and move to India in a heartbeat if I didn't have children (one adopted with special needs) that need me for the next 2-10yrs. Sigh.

I'm happy to connect or answer any questions about the process as we've been through the worst from my perspective. I'm overjoyed when I get news that someone has had success and received approval.

Note: I personally attended the interview in Mumbai and was so offended by our male officers attitude, arrogance and treatment of our Indian applicants that I wrote a scathing report to the embassy and his superior a few months back. It probably hurt us more than helped but I refuse to accept that a fellow US citizen, working in an official government capacity, was allowed to behave in such a way to other human beings. He was rude, yelling, talking down to people and hated the use of an interpreter.

Suggestions and learning:

1. If you speak decent English then don't use an interpreter. It seemed to offend this officer.

2. Don't tell a story. Answer the questions short and concise. They don't care and if they do they'll ask you for more info.

3. Make sure you have a REGIONAL PCC through your local passport office. Make an online appt and pick up same day that you go in...they WILL NOT accept your local jurisdiction police clearance certificate (due to corruption they want it through the govt channels only).

4. Be familiar with the past, present and future process. Know what the I-129 form means, what an I-130 support affidavit includes (and have it ready and with you no matter what the attorneys, posts or services tell you they MAY ask for it right then) and understand what happens after the process. Basically, if the US fiance has been managing all the ppwk you should study it all along with process before the interview. Not to sound old school but it's normal for the female partner to manage the ppwk process but it should be managed by the foreign fiance, but completed together, so they know the process inside and out.

That's my novel for the day and God bless all of you in the process. We pray every day to receive good news and will continue our lives independently in the meantime with purpose and rejoice that we have each other even virtually for now. It's a hard process and the hiccups won't matter in the end when we're together with our loves. It can break you or make you stronger...so keep your head up!!

7285C85D-971F-4780-A58F-45FBB9A31577.jpeg

thanks a lot for sharing your experience and providing info...me n my fiance are same sex couple and v also had previous marriages that too with opposite sex ... idk how our case is going to be now :( we are march 19 K1 filers and we havent got any updates on NOA2.... we are jus feeling so restless day by day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Anyone went to medical to Delhi or Mumbai in the since July/August, 2018. I would like to know the best way to book an appointment n when to book it? Also, do you know need your P4 letter or not or you can just do it before? Kindly share your experience.

Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 11:58 PM, A_R said:

Hello Everyone,

Anyone went to medical to Delhi or Mumbai in the since July/August, 2018. I would like to know the best way to book an appointment n when to book it? Also, do you know need your P4 letter or not or you can just do it before? Kindly share your experience.

Hello A_R,

I had my medical done at Mumbai last week. I didn't get my P4 letter so I send an email regarding that to US travel docs support as I my ceac status was ready and they gave me the same instructions which you can find in any of the P4 and they said that they have sent me the P4 which I didn't received yet. So I took the print out of the email which I received from the support and booked the medical appointment. It went well.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

Hello A_R,

I had my medical done at Mumbai last week. I didn't get my P4 letter so I send an email regarding that to US travel docs support as I my ceac status was ready and they gave me the same instructions which you can find in any of the P4 and they said that they have sent me the P4 which I didn't received yet. So I took the print out of the email which I received from the support and booked the medical appointment. It went well.

@Heather & Shahbaz

Okay great, thanks !! 

You got it done at Rele Clinic?

When did you book your medical and how? Did you call them or through website?

Also after how many days did you email US travel docs after your case turned to ready?

Your information shall help me a lot.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, A_R said:

@Heather & Shahbaz

Okay great, thanks !! 

You got it done at Rele Clinic?

When did you book your medical and how? Did you call them or through website?

Also after how many days did you email US travel docs after your case turned to ready?

Your information shall help me a lot.

I waited for a week and then send the email to support and they took 2 days to reply. Once I had that I called Rele Clinic and they asked me to go through the website, so I put the request on the website and they called me the next day and booked my appointment for 1st Oct.

Hello,

This is my first post here. My US fiance and I got USCIS approval and the case has been forwarded to the consulate in Mumbai by the NVC. I'm very nervous and confused about the medical exam. I'm in Kolkata and have never been to Mumbai. Is there any way I can get the medical exam done in Kolkata? Does anyone have any experience regarding this?

Thank you :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lonegirl said:

Hello,

This is my first post here. My US fiance and I got USCIS approval and the case has been forwarded to the consulate in Mumbai by the NVC. I'm very nervous and confused about the medical exam. I'm in Kolkata and have never been to Mumbai. Is there any way I can get the medical exam done in Kolkata? Does anyone have any experience regarding this?

Thank you :)

The only available location are Chennai, Delhi, Gujarat, Hyderabad Mumbai and Punjab.

You have to get you medical done at those places only.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

Hello Everyone,

I am not getting interview dates, did anybody called the US travel docs for when they will be releasing new dates?

What date are you searching for as currently the website is showing December 7 as the first appointment date available. Try in the morning tomorrow or book one now and change later as you can change your date 4 times.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, A_R said:

What date are you searching for as currently the website is showing December 7 as the first appointment date available. Try in the morning tomorrow or book one now and change later as you can change your date 4 times.

I'mma dumb ###, 

I booked the Oct 3 for vac and Oct 5 for interview but accidentally I booked the vac at Chennai while doing back and forth because I was waiting for my pcc. I had to cancel that because I can't go to Chennai hoping that they would release the date and the next date available was Nov 16 which I also lost. I booked 30 Nov now, hopefully I will get any prior date.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

I'mma dumb ###, 

I booked the Oct 3 for vac and Oct 5 for interview but accidentally I booked the vac at Chennai while doing back and forth because I was waiting for my pcc. I had to cancel that because I can't go to Chennai hoping that they would release the date and the next date available was Nov 16 which I also lost. I booked 30 Nov now, hopefully I will get any prior date.

I’m sure you will get don’t worry.

13 hours ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

I waited for a week and then send the email to support and they took 2 days to reply. Once I had that I called Rele Clinic and they asked me to go through the website, so I put the request on the website and they called me the next day and booked my appointment for 1st Oct.

Please share your experience of Medical at Rele Clinic. Also have you got your reports or they send it directly to the embassy ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.