cloudy

Non-delivery of card

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

My I-751 was approved in July and my card was mailed out.  Unfortunately, the card was incorrectly addressed and was ultimately sent back to the USCIS facility in Lees Summit MO.  I had updated my address long before the approval happened, but somehow the address it was sent to was basically this: 

123 New Address Road

123 Old Address Street 

Town, ST 00000 

I moved within a smallish town so I'm still in the same ZIP , but there were essentially 2 different addresses on the same label.  The post office didn't know what to do (despite me calling and trying to intervene!! 😠) and sent it back.  That was in late July.   I've now called USCIS almost weekly since then.  Each time I get wildly different responses, ranging from "you just need to wait" to "I am emailing Lees Summit right now while you're on the phone".  Sometimes they elevate me to Tier 2, sometimes not.  And each time I call back, no one is able to tell me whether absolutely anything has been  done, whether any of my previous service requests were actually created or any emails actually sent.  This morning is the first time someone actually gave me a reference number regarding the call, so I feel like maybe that is a tiny win? I don't know.  

Does anyone have any advice or had a similar experience?  I'm approaching 60 days with no response and no indication that anything is moving forward.  I just want this to be over. 

Thanks! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, cloudy said:

Hi Everyone, 

My I-751 was approved in July and my card was mailed out.  Unfortunately, the card was incorrectly addressed and was ultimately sent back to the USCIS facility in Lees Summit MO.  I had updated my address long before the approval happened, but somehow the address it was sent to was basically this: 

123 New Address Road

123 Old Address Street 

Town, ST 00000 

I moved within a smallish town so I'm still in the same ZIP , but there were essentially 2 different addresses on the same label.  The post office didn't know what to do (despite me calling and trying to intervene!! 😠) and sent it back.  That was in late July.   I've now called USCIS almost weekly since then.  Each time I get wildly different responses, ranging from "you just need to wait" to "I am emailing Lees Summit right now while you're on the phone".  Sometimes they elevate me to Tier 2, sometimes not.  And each time I call back, no one is able to tell me whether absolutely anything has been  done, whether any of my previous service requests were actually created or any emails actually sent.  This morning is the first time someone actually gave me a reference number regarding the call, so I feel like maybe that is a tiny win? I don't know.  

Does anyone have any advice or had a similar experience?  I'm approaching 60 days with no response and no indication that anything is moving forward.  I just want this to be over. 

Thanks! 

every time you talk to them, make sure you get a SR number. USCIS is driven by statistics. They would have to address the request then.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Get your senator involved. It was the only way I could get them to do anything. You've tried enough times and they're not doing anything. I had to get mine involved and they were pretty hot on their heels after that. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Sorry to hear that! I didn't change my address..but I never received my green card since I got approved in April 2018. So now waiting on my I-90..Best of luck with your process! Hope you hear something pretty soon.

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

On 9/20/2018 at 12:47 PM, NikV said:

every time you talk to them, make sure you get a SR number. USCIS is driven by statistics. They would have to address the request then.

Thanks everyone for your responses!  I think I will try the senator route soon.  In the meantime, sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is an "SR number"? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

SR = Service Request

Edit: That's likely the reference number you mentioned receiving. Try using that on the next follow-up, or get one with the next call.

Edited by tamcloud

K-1...

08/09/2015: I-129F mailed
08/14/2015: NOA1 received by email; hardcopy received approximately 08/17/2015
09/14/2015: NOA2 received
09/30/2015: NVC received case
10/02/2015: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"
10/08/2015: CEAC status changed to "Ready"
10/09/2015: Consulate acknowledged receipt via phone; Hardcopy from US DoS with case number.
10/19/2015: Received information from Consulate.
10/28/2015: Medical Exam
11/17/2015: Interview...rescheduled due to computer problems. New date as yet unknown.
11/18/2015: Called in for interview and APPROVED!

11/24/2015: Picked up visa/passport and sealed packet from the Consulate! <happy dance>

02/14/2016: Arrived in the U.S. (POE was Bermuda)...CO was really nice!

02/18/2016: Married! :)

AOS...

03/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed
03/14/2016: I-485/765/131 NOAs received by mail. USCIS Received Date 03/04/2016; USCIS Notice Date 03/10/2016
03/25/2016: Received biometrics appointment letter for I-485 & I-765
04/04/2016: Biometrics appointment
04/26/2016: Received notification that the I-131 was approved and the name was updated on the I-765
05/23/2016: Received notice that card was being produced for I-765.
05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP card.
06/01/2016: Received electronic notice that AOS interview has been scheduled.
06/30/2016: I-485 interview at USCIS Baltimore Field Office.
09/01/2016: InfoPass appointment made for 09/07/2016.
09/06/2016: Received electronic notification that I-485 was approved on 09/02/2016.
09/09/2016: Received approval letter.
09/14/2016: Green Card delivered! :)

ROC...

06/13/2018: I-751 package mailed to Vermont Service Center
06/25/2018: NOA/extension letter received, dated 06/19/2018

07/14/2018: Received ASC notice for Biometrics Appointment

07/25/18: Completed Biometrics

06/13/19: Received email notification of card production. I-751 approved!

06/19/19: 10yr card delivered!

12 minutes ago, tamcloud said:

SR = Service Request

Edit: That's likely the reference number you mentioned receiving. Try using that on the next follow-up, or get one with the next call.

If you Submit a Case Inquiry at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, you will get a response saying expect a response by ...date, and you will be given a long receipt number that begins with SR

21 hours ago, Y3+E said:

If you Submit a Case Inquiry at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, you will get a response saying expect a response by ...date, and you will be given a long receipt number that begins with SR

Thank you!  The people on the phone are so thoroughly unhelpful.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.