Hobidyali

K1 and Affidavit of Support

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

Question, based on my timeline, we are anticipating NOA2 Feb. At this point I should have my 2018 taxes already filed, what year taxes will they require 2017 or 2018?? Does it matter if it was lower than the required poverty line requirement if I am currently making well over the required amount? Also, I see on the form that they ask for assets in my bank, will this be calculated as income aswell?

I appreciate all of the help. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Hello,

Question, based on my timeline, we are anticipating NOA2 Feb. At this point I should have my 2018 taxes already filed, what year taxes will they require 2017 or 2018?? Does it matter if it was lower than the required poverty line requirement if I am currently making well over the required amount? Also, I see on the form that they ask for assets in my bank, will this be calculated as income aswell?

I appreciate all of the help. Thanks.

If using income, current pay stubs, letter from employer should cover you. You can submit previous tax returns or W2's also. 

If you have substantial savings and assets you can put them on the I-134. If not, that won't really make any difference.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

So if I am making over the amount currently but say for example 2018 is not asked for because they suppose that I haven't filed yet because we are at the cusp, can I submit that, say if they ask for 2017 instead? I made very little 2017, currently I am making over the amount. I am confused with which one they will ask for , if 2018 than I am ok and of course my current income is well over and fine. What do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

So if I am making over the amount currently but say for example 2018 is not asked for because they suppose that I haven't filed yet because we are at the cusp, can I submit that, say if they ask for 2017 instead? I made very little 2017, currently I am making over the amount. I am confused with which one they will ask for , if 2018 than I am ok and of course my current income is well over and fine. What do you think?

• If you are making over that amount in 2018, you should be okay by providing support documents (pay stub,  letter of income verification from employer). They primary focus on current income and you are making a stable income in 2018 so it is good
  • If you work, you must submit most recent tax year document and 2018 tax reason is April 2019 so the most recent one is still 2017 
  • To ease your mind, if you could, you can find joint-sponsor.

4 minutes ago, RTLE said:
  • If you are making over that amount in 2018, you should be okay by providing support documents (pay stub,  letter of income verification from employer). They primary focus on current income and you are making a stable income in 2018 so it is good
  • If you work, you must submit most recent tax year document and 2018 tax reason is April 2019 so the most recent one is still 2017 
  • To ease your mind, if you could, you can find joint-sponsor.

Thank you, this does make me feel better, yes currently I am making well over. They will ask for 2017 but is showing 2018 as well helpful? I mean, that would technically be the most recent tax year.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you, this does make me feel better, yes currently I am making well over. They will ask for 2017 but is showing 2018 as well helpful? I mean, that would technically be the most recent tax year.

Yes, and the 2018 is your current income, 2017 was your income but not current.

2 minutes ago, RTLE said:

Yes, and the 2018 is your current income, 2017 was your income but not current.

Got it, so to be clear, they will ask for 2017 which I provide, this years will be ready so I include that as well and in the portion on the 134, I put the last 3; 2018,2017,2016 and provide those ? Correct? This is requested by the NVC correct before the interview, or am I wrong?

Thank you so much for clarifying :) 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Got it, so to be clear, they will ask for 2017 which I provide, this years will be ready so I include that as well and in the portion on the 134, I put the last 3; 2018,2017,2016 and provide those ? Correct? This is requested by the NVC correct before the interview, or am I wrong?

Thank you so much for clarifying :) 

• Line 3, put your current income. If you are on salary, it is whatever it is. If you are on wages, estimate/calculate base to get yearly income
  • Documents to support current income: letter of income verification from your employer & some most current pay stubs. Complete list can be seen o I-134 instruction
  • For the tax transcript, include 2017, 2016, 2015 just to be safe.  

x.png

Edited by RTLE

• Line 3, put your current income. If you are on salary, it is whatever it is. If you are on wages, estimate/calculate base to get yearly income
  • Documents to support current income: letter of income verification from your employer & some most current pay stubs. Complete list can be seen o I-134 instruction
  • For the tax transcript, include 2017, 2016, 2015 just to be safe.  

x.png

Thank you for all of your help, I feel much better now. For current income, I have work income and an additional income, should I add the yearly for that income along with the work income or are they wanting to see just job income?? My job income puts me way over but I also do receive additional monthly income, do I add it to Line 3 and provide supporting documents for that as well? 

I'm  sorry for all of the questions, I really do appreciate your time in helping me out. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you say Feb for NOA2  so interview will not happen in March or April and you best get the 2018 taxes done asap 

2017 until  the April tax date

after that they will want IRS transcripts from 2018

Timeline
Just now, Hobidyali said:

What do you mean? I get my w2 Dec 31 way before the NOA2, taxes can be filed I believe on January 29th 2019, so by the time that the NOA2 is received I will already have them. 

• If the interview will be after April 15, 2019 (or if they are being picky right after end of Jan 2019), expected to also bring 2018 tax year. So when you get your W-2, file your tax as soon as you can to avoid any complication 

Your concern is primary on if your income in 2018 is good enough so they can grant the visa and it is good :) 

• If the interview will be after April 15, 2019 (or if they are being picky right after end of Jan 2019), expected to also bring 2018 tax year. So when you get your W-2, file your tax as soon as you can to avoid any complication 

Your concern is primary on if your income in 2018 is good enough so they can grant the visa and it is good :) 

😃😃😃😃😃😃Thank you thank you 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

On income, do I just put work income or do I put work income plus additional income as well?

If you put additional income, then you need to have supporting documents.  If it is a stable one, why not? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.