B+J

N600 processing time and procedure

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi i filed for my kids who are under 15 years for an N600 a month ago any idea how much time should their cetificates take? They sent their applications to a bureau in lee summit Missouri. What happens in the inyerview and do they need an interview for their biometrics? Will they have to come to an oath ceremony? Will they be denied the citizenship for any reason? Did it ever happen? Thank you. 

They will send the N-600 to your local office, you would have to check processing times there, they usually take from 6-10 months, not everyone needs an interview that depends on the AO, but the oath is necessary for everyone older than 14 so they will probably have to go. Remember this is just a proof that they are citizens already you are not requesting citizenship for them, so no biometrics, if you comply with the requirements set by the congress then they will issue a certificate of citizenship.

Btw is usually cheaper to apply for a us passport only.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

One more question as i am lost in this one. I sent the applications to an office in Phoenix however,  I got the reply from another office in Missouri and we live in Florida so if i want to check the processing time where should i check in which state? 

Another thing is that my kids entered with an IR2 visa can they apply for a passport at the same time as they applied for an N 600? Or after all this is done? 

Third question is that they came in 4 years ago but they have been traveling a lot now they have been residing here. But will it be a problem to them if they traveled in and out?

Thank you

All n-600 are routed fist to a lockbox in phoenix to cash your payment, then from there they will get routed to the national benefits center in lee summit, missouri when they do the pre-screening of the application and then it will go to your local office after a few months. You cam check what office serves your are putting your zip code here.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Traveling abroad or not doesn't matter in an-600, remember that an n-600 is not requesting us citizenship for your children, if they comply with the requirements at any time before 18 years old then they automatically were citizens at that time, the Department of State will accept your Ir2 Visa(check for requirements in the url below, section born outside of the US)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/citizenship-evidence.html

• 6 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, williamAR said:

They will send the N-600 to your local office, you would have to check processing times there, they usually take from 6-10 months, not everyone needs an interview that depends on the AO, but the oath is necessary for everyone older than 14 so they will probably have to go. Remember this is just a proof that they are citizens already you are not requesting citizenship for them, so no biometrics, if you comply with the requirements set by the congress then they will issue a certificate of citizenship.

Btw is usually cheaper to apply for a us passport only.

Hi William, thanks for that info. I will have my oat next week and I was thinking of filling for my daughter's N 600 right after. Please elaborate on the passport instead. I thought is the certificate is needed to get the passport.

no the certificate is not needed in every case, please find the requirement per each case in the link below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/citizenship-evidence.html

the full process is over here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/how-to-apply.html

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 6:52 AM, B+J said:

Hi i filed for my kids who are under 15 years for an N600 a month ago any idea how much time should their cetificates take? They sent their applications to a bureau in lee summit Missouri. What happens in the inyerview and do they need an interview for their biometrics? Will they have to come to an oath ceremony? Will they be denied the citizenship for any reason? Did it ever happen? Thank you. 

Hi,

How lond did the process for your kid's N-600 take? I sent my son's over a month ago. Yet, there is little information on the timeline for N-600s.

Thank you

Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 8:31 AM, TopGear77 said:

No much information. I am waiting from August...

So sorry to hear that. I hope you receive news pretty soon.

I just received the biometrics appointment for my son. We are at the office in Fresno, CA. His timeline is:

NOA: November 14, 2019

Biometrics: January 15, 2020

• 4 months later...

Filed online N-600 in March 2020. It is sooo good they have this option now. It was accepted and is under review. I am curious how long people usually wait. Someone said that in FL they got it done in 3 months, in TX in 5 months. Practically for all offices the  official processing time  is 5-11 months. I wonder if someone else got it within at least 5 months?

Hope this helps someone looking for recent timeline for N600.

Filed paper N-600 January 7, 2020. This is for two kids under 14 years of age.

Got Bio-Metrics Appointment Notice on January 24, 2020. 

Completed Bio-Metrics on February 7, 2020.

N-600 approved Notice on April 8, 2020. No interview as kids under 14. They asked to mail the green cards back.

Mailed Green Cards with approval notice back on April 22, 2020.

Got Citizenship Certificates May 15, 2020

Total time 4 months. 

Application was mailed to Phoenix, AZ, case was approved from Missouri.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Lenchick said:

Filed online N-600 in March 2020. It is sooo good they have this option now. It was accepted and is under review. I am curious how long people usually wait. Someone said that in FL they got it done in 3 months, in TX in 5 months. Practically for all offices the  official processing time  is 5-11 months. I wonder if someone else got it within at least 5 months?

We are in California and technically our N600 has been approved. The problem was with the coronavirus shutdown our Ceremony of Oath was cancelled. N600 is for a 16 year old. Below is our timeline.

Approval Notice: March 6, 2020

Administration of Oath: March 27, 2020, 10:00 AM

Oath Ceremony De-Scheduled: March 17, 2020

Waiting to hear back from USCIS on the new date. Without the shutdown, the process should have taken around 4 months.

Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, monica7777 said:

We are in California and technically our N600 has been approved. The problem was with the coronavirus shutdown our Ceremony of Oath was cancelled. N600 is for a 16 year old. Below is our timeline.

Waiting to hear back from USCIS on the new date. Without the shutdown, the process should have taken around 4 months.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! it was pretty quick for you. I hope we will get invited for biometrics after this coronavirus ordeal gets over and offices will get open. 

On 5/16/2020 at 2:56 PM, savpaw said:

Hope this helps someone looking for recent timeline for N600.

Filed paper N-600 January 7, 2020. This is for two kids under 14 years of age.

Got Bio-Metrics Appointment Notice on January 24, 2020. 

Completed Bio-Metrics on February 7, 2020.

N-600 approved Notice on April 8, 2020. No interview as kids under 14. They asked to mail the green cards back.

Mailed Green Cards with approval notice back on April 22, 2020.

Got Citizenship Certificates May 15, 2020

Total time 4 months. 

Application was mailed to Phoenix, AZ, case was approved from Missouri.

Huh, interesting. My kid’s was approved in early March and I was supposed to go into the office to pick it up later in March, that appointment got postponed because of the lockdown. They won’t mail it and I have to wait till uscis reopens to go fetch it...not a train smash as I have a passport for her.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:46 AM, monica7777 said:

Hope this helps.

This timeline was almost identical to my kid, SF office, just no oath as under 14 so notice came to parent to collect the certificate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.