Got NVC # now what?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello guys, 

So my Fiancé and I have just got an email stating our NVC # and invoice # 

My question is now what comes next? 

Can he book his medical?? 

Is there a website to check the status to see where his case will be ready??

Thank you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hello guys, 

you book the medical after you get the interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tevaughn1998 said:

The first thing you going  to do is choose an agent then pay the affidavit support & the visa fee 

3 hours ago, Drake Bash said:

you book the medical after you get the interview date.

OP's beneficiary is interviewing through London, and so this advice does not apply there.

@hannahraeroxs there are many threads here about what all of the steps are, so I would advise you read them all so you get a good understanding of the process. 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
10 hours ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hello guys, 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/

a lot of this should have been done prior to receiving nvc number. Not sure what u have or have not done up to now. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

I booked my medical when my status changed to 'in transit'. They didn't ask me for my interview date as i hadn't booked it yet. Make sure your interview date is atleast 10 days after your medical so you know the embassy received your results (even though i've read lately people are waiting a while to get in for their interview date). Just make sure you have your Police Certificate before you book your medical as they will ask you if you have it and if you say no they might tell you to call back when you do. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Emeryx said:

I booked my medical when my status changed to 'in transit'. They didn't ask me for my interview date as i hadn't booked it yet. Make sure your interview date is atleast 10 days after your medical so you know the embassy received your results (even though i've read lately people are waiting a while to get in for their interview date). Just make sure you have your Police Certificate before you book your medical as they will ask you if you have it and if you say no they might tell you to call back when you do. 

Awesome thank you! My Fiancé booked his medical for beginning of october and he has collected his police certificate along with his medical and vaccine history :)

6 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Awesome thank you! My Fiancé booked his medical for beginning of october and he has collected his police certificate along with his medical and vaccine history :)

Sounds like you have everything needed for the medical! Hopefully he's all up to date on all his vaccines because i didn't know if i'd had chicken pox or not and i didn't feel like lying and saying i had so i had to leave it blank and get it done when i arrived in the US which is something i don't recommend as it'll cost you a pretty penny! 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emeryx said:

Sounds like you have everything needed for the medical! Hopefully he's all up to date on all his vaccines because i didn't know if i'd had chicken pox or not and i didn't feel like lying and saying i had so i had to leave it blank and get it done when i arrived in the US which is something i don't recommend as it'll cost you a pretty penny! 

Oh yeah that was one of my first questions for him, he has had chicken pox before thank goodness so were good there :)

Timeline

How/when/where do you get your interview date? My NVC status finally (finally!!) just changed to "In Transit". My medical is all booked, the last peice is just getting the interview date sorted, I kept reading there's a lnk you go on, but I can't find that anywhere?? 

Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 4:50 PM, Psymun said:

How/when/where do you get your interview date? My NVC status finally (finally!!) just changed to "In Transit". My medical is all booked, the last peice is just getting the interview date sorted, I kept reading there's a lnk you go on, but I can't find that anywhere?? 

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

02/12/18 - Sent I-129F

02/20/18 - NOA1

08/20/18 - NOA2

09/10/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

09/18/18- In Transit

10/03/18 - Medical Appointment

10/17/18 - Interview Appointment

10/23/18 - Issued

xx/xx/18 - Visa on Hand

10/30/18 - POE to USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.