6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. My I-129f was approved yesterday.. Atleast that months of waiting for that to happen has been worth it.. But my question is.. What's the next step, I mean what am I to expect next? Like how long will it take from now to hear from them? And what documents do I need to get ready starting from now? I would really love to get answers to these questions.. It will really be a good help.. Thanks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, King's said:

Hi everyone.. My I-129f was approved yesterday.. Atleast that months of waiting for that to happen has been worth it.. But my question is.. What's the next step, I mean what am I to expect next? Like how long will it take from now to hear from them? And what documents do I need to get ready starting from now? I would really love to get answers to these questions.. It will really be a good help.. Thanks. 

Documents to gather can vary by country. What country is the beneficiary from?

At this point the petition will go to NVC to receive a country specific case number, then forwarded on to the embassy there.

At this point, the petitioner can start gathering financial information (pay stubs, letter from employer, W2's/Tax transcripts, banking statements, ect) and begin to look at the I-134 document.

The beneficiary should probably go a head and start getting police report(s), birth certificate copies, new passport photos.

Once you have a case number, again depending on the country, you could start to plan to schedule the medical and interview.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, King's said:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/

Check out the k1 guides and process flow charts here these will help, time will depend on beneficiary country.

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Make sure to learn all the steps. K1 is just the first steps of the process.

Then you have AOS , ROC...

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

11 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Documents to gather can vary by country. What country is the beneficiary from?

At this point the petition will go to NVC to receive a country specific case number, then forwarded on to the embassy there.

At this point, the petitioner can start gathering financial information (pay stubs, letter from employer, W2's/Tax transcripts, banking statements, ect) and begin to look at the I-134 document.

The beneficiary should probably go a head and start getting police report(s), birth certificate copies, new passport photos.

Once you have a case number, again depending on the country, you could start to plan to schedule the medical and interview.

I'm actually the beneficiary and I am from Nigeria but live in South Korea.. So I'm suppose to get the police report from here and my country of origin? Or just here that I live now? Thanks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, King's said:

I'm actually the beneficiary and I am from Nigeria but live in South Korea.. So I'm suppose to get the police report from here and my country of origin? Or just here that I live now? Thanks. 

If you spent more than 1 year in any location(as in living there, not just visiting that is) after the age of 16, you need to get a police report from each country.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.