Mary Moore

Urgent: New police certificate requirement!!!

447 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, darth vader said:

Commissionaires in downtown Toronto responded to my email:

we have been advised that we can process these requests as indicated on the U.S. instruction list, with the following caveats:

RCMP will process the requests, but they have asked that we advise clients of the following:

·         Results will not be certified by RCMP and therefore won’t be embossed, nor display any fingerprints beside the photo as the certified results do

·         Results have to be sent directly to the individual, 3rd party addresses will not be accepted

·         Results are likely to take much longer than the regular 3 business day processing time

Oh wow. The travel.state.gov lists this:

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  The Certified Criminal Record Check must display the applicant’s fingerprints and be requested under the Privacy Act.

Timeline
2 hours ago, BChance said:

US Consulate in Montreal replied to me to contact the NVC about this document - in other words, they have no idea what to do.....

Let us know please what NVC says about it. I’m gonna call tonight as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I literally have my interview on the 19th and I cant get this document before then. I'm just going to take what I have and wait for them to tell me to get extra

Timeline
9 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Good luck!

There is literally nothing much I can do. I'm going to call up the RCMP tomorrow morning as per a friends suggestion and call up Toronto Police HQ and just see ####### can be done but I can't change all of my timelines unfortunately. I've spent most of the night in tears over this but I mean worse come they just send me for additional processing. I can't risk my medical records being past due so I'mm just go for it.

Timeline
7 hours ago, ITMFA said:

Update: I went to the Commissionaires at 8:30 this morning, and they have resumed processing fingerprint checks under the Privacy Act. The two men who helped me were so kind, and absolutely sympathized with the mess that this has caused for us all! It'll be a miracle if I receive my results in the mail before next Tuesday when I'm flying to Montreal, but at least I'll be able to show them that it's being processed if it doesn't arrive in time. I will also be taking the certified name check certificate that I got a month ago. Interested to see what the consulate tells people who have interviews this week...

I'm going on the 19th as well! WE are in this together ❤️ 

20 minutes ago, pamdarex said:

There is literally nothing much I can do. I'm going to call up the RCMP tomorrow morning as per a friends suggestion and call up Toronto Police HQ and just see ####### can be done but I can't change all of my timelines unfortunately. I've spent most of the night in tears over this but I mean worse come they just send me for additional processing. I can't risk my medical records being past due so I'mm just go for it.

It's all gonna work out :) See you next week at the consulate! I'll be the one who looks like this: 🦊

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Just now, ITMFA said:

It's all gonna work out :) See you next week at the consulate! I'll be the one who looks like this: 🦊

Yeah :) It'll all work out. Worse come they just tell me i need more information and I'll get it for them. We got this, we can do this :)

Timeline

The way I look at it, is yes, this SUCKS. like a lot. But, as long as I still keep getting asked for documents, as long as I keep getting "yes but" and never a Nope/rejected... then I'm still in this process, i'm still moving forward.

We all got this. We will get there, and get married and be with our loved one soon enough ❤️

Timeline
1 hour ago, R.Q. said:

Let us know please what NVC says about it. I’m gonna call tonight as well.

I just called NVC and surprise, surprise...they were just reading from their website. No additional helpful info. :(

Edited by R.Q.

1 hour ago, R.Q. said:

Oh wow. The travel.state.gov lists this:

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  The Certified Criminal Record Check must display the applicant’s fingerprints and be requested under the Privacy Act.

Honestly, I am confused at their level of stupidity in having such non-coherent requirements. The only way we'll know what is going on is by the experience of the folks who are having their interviews done this week.

5 hours ago, pamdarex said:

Medical  is good for 6 months.  If you're cutting it that close then sending the police report after interview will also cause a delay (generally speaking a greater one) and may cause you to redo the medical if you're that close to the cut off... 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Medical  is good for 6 months.  If you're cutting it that close then sending the police report after interview will also cause a delay (generally speaking a greater one) and may cause you to redo the medical if you're that close to the cut off... 

Medical is only good for 30 days. There is way too much in terms of all of this i can't afford to delay going next week.  I've already paid up a hotel and train tickets and its too much to change it. I have to just go and have them tell me to get ot to them after 

Timeline

I just changed all my stuff. When i spoke with the guy who did my fingerprints he said people have been coming back to him for 6 months needing it.  Im lucky. I can just take a hit a minor hit and change it not many are as fortunate.  No one understands no one really knows i hope for everyone it all works out 

Why is your medical only good for 30 days? Did you do it 5 months ago?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.