bariki

I-751 Filers (September 2018)

2,394 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Savannahalexandra said:

where are you guys seeing these notifications before getting the letter in the mail? we sent a money order so i don't have a bank to check. 

We got our money order through one of our banks and we were able to track it through them. If you got one from a major company, then you should be able to track it through their site or customer service should be able to help you. Best wishes. 

Timeline

Like some of you on here, I'm now I'm starting to doubt if everything on the application was signed even though my husband checked and claims everything was signed. I think this new rule is bringing us all more stress to an already stressful, waiting process. I should probably be working on keeping my blood pressure low before surgery in the next couple of hours.

I hope we all get some good news.

Timeline
Just now, Awesome22 said:

I can write anywhere on the check?

We put it on the memo part of the money order along with my name. Hope this helps.

I'm about to undergo surgery, but if you have any questions, my husband will be around to help out. 🙂

Recently, does USCIS still waive the biometric appointment for I-751 applicants?
If USCIS waives your biometric appointment, will they notice you or just let you keep waiting?
Thanks!

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

I just received a text message that my case was accepted and got a receipt number starting with SRC. 

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

Hey guys! Packet was delivered to CSC Sep 4 but even after 2 weeks the check hasn't been cashed yet. Something tells me this is going to be a long process... we might end up becoming citizens before getting the 10-year GC hehe.

My packet was not as thick as I see here. I only sent utility bills and bank statements one per quarter, I'm hoping the fact we have cars listed to both our names, mortgage, car loan and joint tax returns is enough proof we actually ARE together...among other things of course.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Our K1 visa journey:

Oct 10, 2015 I-129F Packet sent to TX Lockbox

Oct 13, 2015 I-129F Packet delivered, sent to CSC

Oct 15, 2015 NOA1

Dec 10, 2015 NOA2 (took 56 days)

Dec 22, 2015 NVC received

Dec 28, 2015 NVC status "In Transit" - Left NVC

Dec 31, 2015 Consulate received

Jan 06, 2016 Packet 3 received

Jan 26, 2016 Medical done

Feb 10, 2016 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

------------------------------------------------

May 01, 2016 Arrival into the US via MSP

Jun 04, 2016 Wedding !!!!

Our AOS journey:

Spoiler

Jul 27, 2016 Combo packet (AOS, EAD and AP) sent to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 01, 2016 Packet received, sent to National Benefits Center

Aug 08, 2016 NOA1

Aug 30, 2016 Biometrics done in St. Paul, MN

Sep 07, 2016 Case numbers work online (Day 37 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 EAD approved - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 AP approved - online status "Case Was Approved" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 19, 2016 EAD online status "Card was mailed to me"

Oct 22, 2016 EAD/AP combo card received

Nov 23, 2016 AOS approved without interview !!! - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 114 since received)

Dec 3, 2016 Green Card received

Our ROC journey:

Aug 31, 2018 ROC packet sent to CSC

Sep 04, 2018 ROC packet delivered -
Sep 28, 2018 Check cashed by USCIS Chicago
Oct 20, 2018 NOA1 date (18-month extension) - case transferred to Nebraska 

1 minute ago, Nikitka85 said:

Hey guys! Packet was delivered to CSC Sep 4 but even after 2 weeks the check hasn't been cashed yet. Something tells me this is going to be a long process... we might end up becoming citizens before getting the 10-year GC hehe.

My packet was not as thick as I see here. I only sent utility bills and bank statements one per quarter, I'm hoping the fact we have cars listed to both our names, mortgage, car loan and joint tax returns is enough proof we actually ARE together...among other things of course.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Lol it's possible if you're at CSC.

I spoke to a tier 2 officer not long ago for a client.  We had a discussion about the process and the issues many filers were facing--having a pending I-751 and being up for citizenship.

Interestingly enough the officer made a valid point about sending the N400 application with the pending I-751.  He said that you really should wait to file one until the other is adjudicated.  This is because they're filed in different offices and each office will make a request for the hard filer, so a lot of time is spent travelling between one office and the next.  Things could go missing and it wastes a lot of time with a file potentially travelling half way across the US.

So in the end it's best to wait until everything is sorted and let it run its course--you'll have a 10 year green card at the end of the I-751 process and you don't necessarily have to apply for citizenship immediately.  

event.png

event.png

5 minutes ago, vpalermo85 said:

Lol it's possible if you're at CSC.

I spoke to a tier 2 officer not long ago for a client.  We had a discussion about the process and the issues many filers were facing--having a pending I-751 and being up for citizenship.

Interestingly enough the officer made a valid point about sending the N400 application with the pending I-751.  He said that you really should wait to file one until the other is adjudicated.  This is because they're filed in different offices and each office will make a request for the hard filer, so a lot of time is spent travelling between one office and the next.  Things could go missing and it wastes a lot of time with a file potentially travelling half way across the US.

So in the end it's best to wait until everything is sorted and let it run its course--you'll have a 10 year green card at the end of the I-751 process and you don't necessarily have to apply for citizenship immediately.  

I guess it makes sense.. I was hoping to be able to vote in 2020..dang!! 😣

Our K1 visa journey:

Oct 10, 2015 I-129F Packet sent to TX Lockbox

Oct 13, 2015 I-129F Packet delivered, sent to CSC

Oct 15, 2015 NOA1

Dec 10, 2015 NOA2 (took 56 days)

Dec 22, 2015 NVC received

Dec 28, 2015 NVC status "In Transit" - Left NVC

Dec 31, 2015 Consulate received

Jan 06, 2016 Packet 3 received

Jan 26, 2016 Medical done

Feb 10, 2016 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

------------------------------------------------

May 01, 2016 Arrival into the US via MSP

Jun 04, 2016 Wedding !!!!

Our AOS journey:

Spoiler

Jul 27, 2016 Combo packet (AOS, EAD and AP) sent to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 01, 2016 Packet received, sent to National Benefits Center

Aug 08, 2016 NOA1

Aug 30, 2016 Biometrics done in St. Paul, MN

Sep 07, 2016 Case numbers work online (Day 37 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 EAD approved - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 AP approved - online status "Case Was Approved" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 19, 2016 EAD online status "Card was mailed to me"

Oct 22, 2016 EAD/AP combo card received

Nov 23, 2016 AOS approved without interview !!! - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 114 since received)

Dec 3, 2016 Green Card received

Our ROC journey:

Aug 31, 2018 ROC packet sent to CSC

Sep 04, 2018 ROC packet delivered -
Sep 28, 2018 Check cashed by USCIS Chicago
Oct 20, 2018 NOA1 date (18-month extension) - case transferred to Nebraska 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nikitka85 said:

Good luck to everyone!!!

Majority of the people that filed at the CSC is experiencing the same thing. If you check out the August forum you will see alot of people who filed. checks still hasn't been cashed and they haven't received a notice in the mail. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Miki28 said:

I just received a text message that my case was accepted and got a receipt number starting with SRC. 

Thats a good news. When did u send ur application?

I'm hoping to get an update by next week as my package was delivered this Monday only..

So ur case has been sent to Texas Service Center.. i believe Texas and Vermont are relatively faster than the California and Nebraska..

Good luck..!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.