Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

OK, so this is getting a bit confusing to me. The member is stating that once the case number is received I should fill up the DS160?  Will the DS 160 get me to the next step? Can you kindly clear this please? 

I just wanted to give you heads up that my Beneficiary is from India and it took her a long time to get the birth certificate. I would hate to you have wait for the birth certificate to schedule the interview.  

14 hours ago, A_R said:

Hello all,

Very very happy to inform that 

OUR CASE GOT APPROVED 

As per USCIS old website.

NOA1 (Old Website): December 26,2017

NOA1 (New Website): December 29,2017

NOA2 : September 14,2018 ( After 262 days)

Both websites have been updated now.

Received the physical letter yesterday.

Very Very happy to join you all in NVC stage.

Hey A_R congratulations. But your font size is too small for me to read. Can you just make it a little larger please. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, kohldjs said:

I just wanted to give you heads up that my Beneficiary is from India and it took her a long time to get the birth certificate. I would hate to you have wait for the birth certificate to schedule the interview.  

Thanks for sharing that bit of information. These are what helps to know so others don't make the same mistake or are advised to length of time something is going to take. :thumbs:

Can you help us out. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You really didn't just ask that question. You have been on here for months and you have not seen or heard what is next. :bonk:

Find and or ask questions in the sub-forum for your country

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Embassy information

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=El

Embassy reviews

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=El

Others near your timeline from your country

:thumbs:

Congratulations! :dance::dance::dance:

Yes so sorry! The process confuses me because I see conflicting information. Thank you so much for all your help! I wasn't sure if i can take my case number and track my case? Nvc said i have to wait until it gets to the embassy to scheudle an interview and medical but not sure if thats a standard response. Would love to knock out ds160 and medical at least

Just now, JayHouser said:

Yes so sorry! The process confuses me because I see conflicting information. Thank you so much for all your help! I wasn't sure if i can take my case number and track my case? Nvc said i have to wait until it gets to the embassy to scheudle an interview and medical but not sure if thats a standard response. Would love to knock out ds160 and medical at least

I know how confusing it is. I help folks like yourself for many years. I'm just having a little fun with you all today. Trying to loosen you up and get you guys out of the FUNCK. (no I didn't mis-spell that word) :D

I can't answer your questions/concerns because your country is one that I don't have the P3 for. But I think you will see the answer in the portal link I gave. Most Embassy will let you pay your interview fee, schedule the interview but if yours doesn't you will be locked out from being able to do this step till your Embassy grants permission. No harm done if you try. Also, you can finish the DS-160 and try and complete the medical. Again, refer to the link to your portal on the Embassy requirements. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I know how confusing it is. I help folks like yourself for many years. I'm just having a little fun with you all today. Trying to loosen you up and get you guys out of the FUNCK. (no I didn't mis-spell that word) :D

I can't answer your questions/concerns because your country is one that I don't have the P3 for. But I think you will see the answer in the portal link I gave. Most Embassy will let you pay your interview fee, schedule the interview but if yours doesn't you will be locked out from being able to do this step till your Embassy grants permission. No harm done if you try. Also, you can finish the DS-160 and try and complete the medical. Again, refer to the link to your portal on the Embassy requirements. Good luck.

Thanks! Thats super helpful! So i will be OKAY to do Ds160 and medical at least? And it wont hurt trying to schedule the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, kohldjs said:

Thanks, My fiance' has all her documents- except for her passport- that she has sent for a correction in spelling.  Where did you guys got the medical done? Can we get the medical done in Delhi? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

All you United Kingdom People need to go over to the sub-forum for the UK and ask your questions. I have been laughing for the last day or so. It's like you all are in a dark room and your asking each other if you know where the door is. Go where the experts are so you don't make a mistake. Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  :thumbs:

Think you’ll find I made a statement, not a question! Was merely informing others so they can see how fast things may or may not be moving. I personally always like seeing when people hit their next stages.

funnily enough you have ignored the only question I posted in this forum, which😂😂 is NOT country specific, hence why I asked it in here as I figured it was a friendly place as any to start.. or not haha. 😛 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone in this thread :)

I'm currently filling my DS-160 and there is this question "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?" A:YES/NO

Does this refer prior our current petition?

It's a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks for sharing that bit of information. These are what helps to know so others don't make the same mistake or are advised to length of time something is going to take. :thumbs:

Can you help us out. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Thanks Greenbaum.  Did not know where to input that information.  Inputted now

Timeline
2 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks, My fiance' has all her documents- except for her passport- that she has sent for a correction in spelling.  Where did you guys got the medical done? Can we get the medical done in Delhi? 

We have not gotten the medical done yet but she visited one of the places in Delhi that does the medical. They will need the letter from the embassy to find out what needs to be done.  I have seen other people on here who has done the medical at different cities. Unfortunately all interviews are done in Mumbai. Hope that helps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, kohldjs said:

We have not gotten the medical done yet but she visited one of the places in Delhi that does the medical. They will need the letter from the embassy to find out what needs to be done.  I have seen other people on here who has done the medical at different cities. Unfortunately all interviews are done in Mumbai. Hope that helps

Thank you really for sharing your experience! It helps tremendously. This process seems like super confusing and crazy- besides the time it takes is maddening. Good luck with your application and hope it all goes well.  By the way are you planning on being there for the interview?

Edited by WhatAWait!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

U being a smart ###?????? Never heard of such a thing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, JayHouser said:

I got a case number today!!!!! Hurrah!!!! What can I do with the case number???

Wahhhh @JayHouser you made my day...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.