Danny70

K1 medical checkup/ vaccinations?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

She can"t. she hasn"t even gotten the notification from the NVC .When you get the NVC letter,she can start to fill the DS160 and wait till her status says ready Then they"ll inform her what to bring for the interviev..It means your petition has arrived to the embassy .She should follow her embassy specific instructions as each embassy has a different procedure.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She can get her vaccinations at any time. The medical exam can not be scheduled until the interview date is scheduled. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can get the vaccinations at any time, and I recommend you start as early as possible because some of them are a multi-shot series that require 3 injections ( Initial, 1 month later, than 6 months later). You only need the first shot in the series to qualify for the Visa, but the more you can get done in Thailand the better off you are. If you have at least 2 of the shots in the series completed by the medical the doctor will usually mark you DS-3025 vaccination page complete. This is a good thing when you go to AOS later as you will have all the vaccinations complete and not have to pay High prices in the good old USA.

You can schedule the medical anytime after you have the Case number from the NVC, It is a simple phone call to the hospital and they have appointments available next day if need be, or a few days max.

NOTE!!!!  This is why you want to wait for the interview to be scheduled.... The K1 visa expiration is based on the date you get your medical done. The best thing to do is wait for the Email with the interview date, and then schedule the medical about a week before. that should give you plenty of time to pick up the results from the hospital and have them ready for the interview.  You can do the medical a month before the interview if you want, but when you get the visa it will only be valid for 5 months. If she is coming over right after visa is issued, this is no big deal, but as a Just in case type thing you want to keep the visa valid for as long as possible for any unseen circumstances.

Another helpful tip. Get all the vaccinations done at the Red Cross by the Snake farm in Bangkok. They are very familiar with what you need, and the doctors there are very knowledgeable. I'll post a link below, this is the cheapest place to get quality vaccinations, they will be more expensive at the medical exam. Click on the Travel clinic link, but everything is on the main page. Map, Hours, etc.

http://www.saovabha.com/en/default.asp

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.