MrandMrsAlexander

This Wait is Like A Slow Cooker

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

It’s been 181 days since I-130 was received by USCIS and boy oh boy! I’m ready to call somebody. I miss my doggone husband. We probably should have done K-1. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
14 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

It’s been 181 days since I-130 was received by USCIS and boy oh boy! I’m ready to call somebody. I miss my doggone husband. We probably should have done K-1. 

They take about as long and when you come to the US on CR1 you can work right away. On K1 you would not. 

Timeline

I’m aware of that. I’m not concerned about him working right away. We got married first to avoid all the AOS business. But gee whiz! We ended up at Potomac. 

You couldn’t pay me enough money to do a K-1, no way on earth. Keep the faith and it will happen in the end. 

The wait is horrible, it causes real physical pain. But I promise you it’s worth it. The moment I walked through the door into the arrivals area at the airport on December 19, 2016 (my POE day) and saw my husband waiting for me...I have no words to describe that feeling. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
45 minutes ago, JFH said:

You couldn’t pay me enough money to do a K-1, no way on earth. Keep the faith and it will happen in the end. 

The wait is horrible, it causes real physical pain. But I promise you it’s worth it. The moment I walked through the door into the arrivals area at the airport on December 19, 2016 (my POE day) and saw my husband waiting for me...I have no words to describe that feeling. 

You are right, whatever pain of separation it is all worth it when your fiance/spouse arrives.  My spouse was just approved after a 3-1/2 year wait. It helps when you can visit each other in between. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JFH said:

Girl! I could taste it. Thanks

Timeline
4 hours ago, JackandRed said:

You are right, whatever pain of separation it is all worth it when your fiance/spouse arrives.  My spouse was just approved after a 3-1/2 year wait. It helps when you can visit each other in between. 

I’ve visited 4 times in 15 months. The time in between trips is getting shorter because every time I come back I miss him more. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.