893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, chiblosom said:

Congratulations crossing this part! Didn't realize its 7 more months after the approval, it sucks really!

Thanks!  It does feel good despite the long wait ahead.  It feels like we're going downhill now!  We are being conservative with the 7 month estimate, but we would rather be surprised if the NVC stage and consulate abroad stage go faster, maybe 5 or 6 months total.  So many people underestimate how long it takes from NOA2 to visa in hand.  For example, many do not realize that it takes about 3 months just for the NVC to receive the file and to assign a case number.  Not to mention all the horror stories of Administrative Processing at the consulates....

6 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Thanks for sharing that link, I hadn't yet made an account yet on the site. I was using this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check my case status and it was never updating. 

I made an account on your link, added my case, and what do you know, I was approved on 02/19/19 exactly 7 months from my NOA1 of 07/19/18

It's weird that I didn't get an email when I included my form for the email along with my petition, as well as nothing in the mail was received yet. But i'm very happy, if you haven't made an account and added your case on myaccount.uscis then I suggest you do so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
41 minutes ago, roamingromania said:

Thanks for sharing that link, I hadn't yet made an account yet on the site. I was using this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check my case status and it was never updating. 

I made an account on your link, added my case, and what do you know, I was approved on 02/19/19 exactly 7 months from my NOA1 of 07/19/18

It's weird that I didn't get an email when I included my form for the email along with my petition, as well as nothing in the mail was received yet. But i'm very happy, if you haven't made an account and added your case on myaccount.uscis then I suggest you do so.

We have the same approval date 2/19 per uscis website. I just got the NOA2 letter in the mail today. My notice date on the letter was actually on 2/15. I think you will get it next week.

Edited by KhoaKim

Timeline
1 hour ago, roamingromania said:

Congratulations!!

8 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Thanks!  It does feel good despite the long wait ahead.  It feels like we're going downhill now!  We are being conservative with the 7 month estimate, but we would rather be surprised if the NVC stage and consulate abroad stage go faster, maybe 5 or 6 months total.  So many people underestimate how long it takes from NOA2 to visa in hand.  For example, many do not realize that it takes about 3 months just for the NVC to receive the file and to assign a case number.  Not to mention all the horror stories of Administrative Processing at the consulates....

Based on your research on this website, do you believe your husband will be here before October?

I really want to buy tickets for an event for my husband which begins on Oct. 3 this year I believe, but I don't want to risk buying them and him not being here by then.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:29 AM, carmel34 said:

My husband and I were notified today that our I-130 petition for his CR-1 visa was approved!!  Seven months from NOA1 to NOA2.  Now on to the NVC stage!  Based on everyone's experiences here on Visa Journey, we are estimating another 7 months total of waiting---for transferring the file to NVC (4 weeks), assigning a case number at NVC (8 weeks), 3 weeks to review uploaded documents via CEAC, sending the file to the Rio consulate (4 weeks), assigning an interview date (4 weeks), and 2 weeks following the interview to wait for delivery of the passport and visa.  So if all goes smoothly, 7 more months to visa in hand.  So we're half-way there, and VERY excited.  Hang in there July filers, your approval will be coming soon.

Are you TSC or NSC ? Anyway congrats 🎆🎆🎆

Timeline
8 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Based on your research on this website, do you believe your husband will be here before October?

I really want to buy tickets for an event for my husband which begins on Oct. 3 this year I believe, but I don't want to risk buying them and him not being here by then.

We are hoping for October, but this process is so crazy and unpredictable.  It could be sooner than then, or later.  We are going to have to be flexible as to dates, hoping for the best but being realistic since anything can happen.  We have all our documents ready to submit to NVC, but it can take three months from NOA2, the petition approval, before we have an NVC case number so that we can upload them via CEAC.  Then a month to review the documents and send the file to the consulate in Rio for the interview stage, medical, etc. So many things can happen to delay the process.  I would not suggest buying any tickets unless they are refundable or you can sell them easily if things don't work out.  We are not going to buy airline tickets for my husband to come to the US until he has the visa in hand, in his passport.  All the best!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Faithdiwirja said:

Are you TSC or NSC ? Anyway congrats 🎆🎆🎆

Our petition was approved by Texas Service Center, exactly 7 months after they received it.  Hang in there, your time will come, and you will get approved and then the waiting starts for the second half of this process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

We are hoping for October, but this process is so crazy and unpredictable.  It could be sooner than then, or later.  We are going to have to be flexible as to dates, hoping for the best but being realistic since anything can happen.  We have all our documents ready to submit to NVC, but it can take three months from NOA2, the petition approval, before we have an NVC case number so that we can upload them via CEAC.  Then a month to review the documents and send the file to the consulate in Rio for the interview stage, medical, etc. So many things can happen to delay the process.  I would not suggest buying any tickets unless they are refundable or you can sell them easily if things don't work out.  We are not going to buy airline tickets for my husband to come to the US until he has the visa in hand, in his passport.  All the best!

Carmel, can you post a list of docs you have at the ready? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

Carmel, can you post a list of docs you have at the ready? 

docs for beneficiary:

passport

birth certificate

police certificates

passport photos

marriage certificate

(all of these are listed on the NVC website)

additional evidence of marital relationship:

photos and boarding passes and hotel receipts and passport stamps from our four visits since filing I-130

Christmas cards received addressed to both of us at our address in the US

additional evidence of co-mingling of finances and assets such as utility bills in both of our names, will, living will

Portugese language proficiency exam results (for petitioner)

(Sometimes this is referred to as side-loading additional evidence.  We front-loaded a lot of evidence already with the I-130 seven months ago.)

I-864 completed and ready to go with all supporting documents, including 2018 tax return filed as married filing jointly, three years of tax transcripts, W2s for each year, pay stubs for last six months, letter from employer certifying job of petitioner and salary

all of the above we have scanned in PDF vertical format and flattened to reduce size of the total files as there is a limit you can upload on CEAC

We cannot complete the visa application form (DS-260) and pay the fees until the NVC case number has been assigned, in about 3 months, but we are ready to upload everything as soon as the case number is assigned, and have all the information needed to complete the DS-260.  Our plan is to submit everything electronically within a day or two of getting the NVC case number.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
59 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

docs for beneficiary:

passport

birth certificate

police certificates

passport photos

marriage certificate

(all of these are listed on the NVC website)

additional evidence of marital relationship:

photos and boarding passes and hotel receipts and passport stamps from our four visits since filing I-130

Christmas cards received addressed to both of us at our address in the US

additional evidence of co-mingling of finances and assets such as utility bills in both of our names, will, living will

Portugese language proficiency exam results (for petitioner)

(Sometimes this is referred to as side-loading additional evidence.  We front-loaded a lot of evidence already with the I-130 seven months ago.)

I-864 completed and ready to go with all supporting documents, including 2018 tax return filed as married filing jointly, three years of tax transcripts, W2s for each year, pay stubs for last six months, letter from employer certifying job of petitioner and salary

all of the above we have scanned in PDF vertical format and flattened to reduce size of the total files as there is a limit you can upload on CEAC

We cannot complete the visa application form (DS-260) and pay the fees until the NVC case number has been assigned, in about 3 months, but we are ready to upload everything as soon as the case number is assigned, and have all the information needed to complete the DS-260.  Our plan is to submit everything electronically within a day or two of getting the NVC case number.

Good luck!

Thank you, this is much clearer for me.

I wish we had co mingling of finances but we have literally none. We are in different countries and the last nime I was there we tried to add me to his bank acct bit were told I needed an identity # in his country. No utility bills, no leases, no filing tax returns together....

Guys my noa1 was 7-9-18 it was updated on 7-12-18 and I don’t think they looked at it after. This is the most stressful thing ever. Please pray I get my approval because I’m really stressed as I pray for all of you and will continue to pray for all you long after I don’t need this website anymore. It just stresses me knowing I haven’t gotten mine yet 😕 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nawaz011 said:

Guys my noa1 was 7-9-18 it was updated on 7-12-18 and I don’t think they looked at it after. This is the most stressful thing ever. Please pray I get my approval because I’m really stressed as I pray for all of you and will continue to pray for all you long after I don’t need this website anymore. It just stresses me knowing I haven’t gotten mine yet 😕 

I haven't gotten Mine either

Noa1 7/13

Ncs

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrsdoupe said:

I haven't gotten Mine either

Noa1 7/13

Ncs

Nebraska is at least two months behind Texas--Nebraska is still working on April and May petitions, according to Igor's List which is based on all VJ member timelines.  So don't compare your wait to those of us who had Texas, or those who had Potomac.  All July filers at NSC are still waiting so you're not the only ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.