2,136 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
9 hours ago, frakina said:

Got the notification on February 21st that i-751 was approved and on February 24th that the naturalization oath ceremony was scheduled. Finally!!

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

Hello All,

We applied the i751 back in late August 2018. Since then we have applied the n 400 in September 2019. Case was transferred to national benefits center October 2019. Since then we have not heard anything on the i751 case. Any ideas what could be going on? We called for a request and that is in but as of February 14th but still have heard nothing. 
thank you in advance all. 

Edited by pbreslin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welp, we’re finally nearing the end of this journey!!! Nothing from the 751 since it was transferred but I’m assuming it was approved and will await confirmation. 

1BA6560F-6465-4CEA-8FFF-4516F76A6AA4.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Welp, we’re finally nearing the end of this journey!!! Nothing from the 751 since it was transferred but I’m assuming it was approved and will await confirmation. 

1BA6560F-6465-4CEA-8FFF-4516F76A6AA4.jpeg

Congratulations!!! I hope all of us will soon have good news 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ACCC said:

Hey everyone, my I-797 notice of action letter which extends the validity of my green card for 18 months from valid date is less than a month away from expiring. Anyone else here on the same boat? Should I call USCIS to check on the I-751 status?

We called a month ago and they said if we don't get anything from them by the time our 18 months extension letter expires, they will schedule an appointment week before expiration date for passport stamp if the passport is still valid, but we will apply for N 400 soon. Call them just in case

33 minutes ago, Linna&NZ said:

We called a month ago and they said if we don't get anything from them by the time our 18 months extension letter expires, they will schedule an appointment week before expiration date for passport stamp if the passport is still valid, but we will apply for N 400 soon. Call them just in case

Thanks for the input! I just started my N-400 application but it likely won’t get processed in time before my letter “expires”. Will definitely give them a call and check.

Timeline

Finally!!!! So even though they transferred the case, it was for faster processing, as per the letter. Someone mentioned they maybe wanted to do an interview - not the case. 751 approved, no RFE! The extension letter is good until May but hopefully his naturalization ceremony will be scheduled soon and he’ll be FINISHED with all of this by then!😁 

What a great way to celebrate as we’re headed to Cartagena for my birthday this week!! 

Prayers that all of you still waiting will receive good news soon!🙏🏽

9936C86C-0723-41BD-8390-E29331843A13.jpeg

Edited by angelbrown

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, angelbrown said:

Finally!!!! So even though they transferred the case, it was for faster processing, as per the letter. Someone mentioned they maybe wanted to do an interview - not the case. 751 approved, no RFE! The extension letter is good until May but hopefully his naturalization ceremony will be scheduled soon and he’ll be FINISHED with all of this by then!😁 

What a great way to celebrate as we’re headed to Cartagena for my birthday this week!! 

Prayers that all of you still waiting will receive good news soon!🙏🏽

9936C86C-0723-41BD-8390-E29331843A13.jpeg

What service center was your I-751 transferred to and was service center did it get approved at?

Timeline

Ladies and gentlemen I just called USCIS since my extention letter expires in a month as they said to my previous calls. First time I called they said call 1 month before the letter expires, today I did call and they told me to call again when their offices are open, I asked what if they dont the spokesmen said * Once your letter expires dont leave the house* and I asked what if I am working? His response was * quit the job the day your letter expires and dont leave the house*  

I am in shock because now what do I do? And not just me but many more like me? What does this mean for our statuses in future? Is this going to affect us all? 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Jayde said:

What service center was your I-751 transferred to and was service center did it get approved at?

It was transferred to National Benefits Center

5 hours ago, Linna&NZ said:

Ladies and gentlemen I just called USCIS since my extention letter expires in a month as they said to my previous calls. First time I called they said call 1 month before the letter expires, today I did call and they told me to call again when their offices are open, I asked what if they dont the spokesmen said * Once your letter expires dont leave the house* and I asked what if I am working? His response was * quit the job the day your letter expires and dont leave the house*  

I am in shock because now what do I do? And not just me but many more like me? What does this mean for our statuses in future? Is this going to affect us all? 

That is shocking.. my extension letter expires in a few days and when I called the day USCIS offices closed due to COVID-19 the agency on the line told me I will not be penalized given the circumstance and that she took notes of our call given my concern. She said I just have to be on standby once offices reopen and call to get the earlier infopass appointment for a stamp.

20 hours ago, Linna&NZ said:

The operator gave you stunningly incorrect information. When your extension letter expires, you are still in-status, and still have authority to work.

When the offices re-open, by all-means make an appointment to get an I-551 stamp, as you'll need this to re-enter the country if you leave, or to prove status to a new employer, but you really don't need to panic about this in the mean-time.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bing10 said:

The operator gave you stunningly incorrect information. When your extension letter expires, you are still in-status, and still have authority to work.

When the offices re-open, by all-means make an appointment to get an I-551 stamp, as you'll need this to re-enter the country if you leave, or to prove status to a new employer, but you really don't need to panic about this in the mean-time.

Thank you very much! I was just shocked when he told me that, we live in South TX and there are border patrol agents and check points between Corpus Christ and Laredo and we did get pulled over at the check point and they asked if I have proper documentation which they saw it. My nearest office is in Laredo and when the agent told me that it really made me nervous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.