dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Erza said:

Hi everyone. Couldn't find a thread for September 2018 approvals/NOA2 so I'm posting here I hope you guys don't mind. I'm just a little curious and this might be off topic though, how many days/weeks from Case Approved (from website my.USCIS.gov notification) to "case sent to DOS" and to NVC welcome letter? 

From the actual date your case was approved to when you get notified on the USCIS app that it has been sent to the dept of states sole depends on your service centre while from date NVC receives  your approved petition from USCIS also depends on the backlog/workload the NVC is dealing with.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Komal18 said:

Thank you, really hope that’ll be the case🙏🏻

Always welcome.

Speedy process to you and your spouse.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Diva00 said:

Hi everyone 

i got my case number by email on August 31 until now I did not receive my welcome letter. Is that normal? 

Have you checked your spam folder yet? If no,please do and if yes,call the NVC. Meanwhile,try to see if you can complete your ds261(non pivot) or pay both fees if you have your invoice number(pivot)

Timeline
7 hours ago, C&AH said:

We mailed out our packet to NVC on Thursday and it is scheduled to arrive on Monday. Fees are paid. Applications completed. All docs should be in order. What kind of timeline are we realistically looking at for a CC? How soon after CC does the interview letter normally arrive? Our embassy is in Santo Domingo, DR. It is a good feeling to be this close. Thanks for your help. 

Within 3weeks for a CC if everything goes well. 

Scheduling of Interview has everything to do with the local embassy since they send their available slots to the NVC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi! @Abies  and anyone who can help!!!

I have a question and I need your help ... how to fix mistakes on DS-260 already submitted. We are waiting for CC and there  a few errors on this form. I will say two important errors  on the DS260 by answer NO on both, the most important is that my husband had I refusal tourist visa in the past and my stepson report NO as answer, and if was living in another country. My husband category is  IR5 visa, his son is a USC, and who was helping filling the ds260 because of the language. How he can update the ds-260? Some people say, to wait until the interview day and bring it to the attention of the CO, others says that at the embassy are computers where you can update the information or contact NVC after 30 days of the submission ask to re-open the ds-260 to fix it before the interview date . Any idea...

And another question he lived for 6 months in another country (no his country), does he needs the police certificate or is only if was more than a year?

THANKS A LOT!

Got interview date email Sept 7.

CC Aug 16

Interview Date Oct 2

Manila Embassy

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
16 hours ago, O&O said:

For now wait until they review your case..if anything incorrectly uploaded..they will send u an email to resubmit documents..if everything is ok..NVC will send u an email stating..case is documentarily qualified.. u can also go to CEAC to see if your case complete.."At NVC" ..u can also call them .

Thanks @O&O, the CEAC status has been "at NVC" since the time I paid the fees (probably, even before then). Does it change to anything else while the documents are being reviewed? This is what the status check shows:

temp.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, CadeMcNown said:

CC Aug 16

Interview Date Oct 2

Manila Embassy

Congratulations 

3 hours ago, CadeMcNown said:

CC Aug 16

Interview Date Oct 2

Manila Embassy

Congrats! Finally an update from the manila embassy! I’m still waiting for a cc (they received my documents 8/30) I was hoping if my husband could get an interview for Oct but I doubt he’ll be here for Halloween so he and my daughter could go trick or treating 😭 I just really hope before christmas he’ll be here. Let’s continue praying!! 🙏🏻

1 minute ago, Ella lee said:

Congrats! Finally an update from the manila embassy! I’m still waiting for a cc (they received my documents 8/30) I was hoping if my husband could get an interview for Oct but I doubt he’ll be here for Halloween so he and my daughter could go trick or treating 😭 I just really hope before christmas he’ll be here. Let’s continue praying!! 🙏🏻

Amen

Timeline
5 hours ago, Abies said:

Sis,its gonna come real soon. In april,Nigerians got their interview dates for May on April 17th through 20th. All you need do now is to get documentarily ready while you wait for the interview letter for medicals/actual interview. 

Delay is not denial.

Prayers going up for you guys. 

GM sis.. thanks for your encouraging words..I have all documents packed n sealed in their correct evelope.😁. It's well my dear.. God time is the best time..

Timeline
1 hour ago, bigbobby9 said:

Thanks @O&O, the CEAC status has been "at NVC" since the time I paid the fees (probably, even before then). Does it change to anything else while the documents are being reviewed? This is what the status check shows:

temp.jpg

@bigbobby9 call NVC..for most of us.. here when we see "At NVC" it's CC..did u check to see if all your documents were accepted..???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Abies said:

Have you checked your spam folder yet? If no,please do and if yes,call the NVC. Meanwhile,try to see if you can complete your ds261(non pivot) or pay both fees if you have your invoice number(pivot)

We already payed both fees September first and they received fees September 5 but is still show in process I don’t have access to do anything else 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.