dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CO_Tonya said:

My husband called and made the medical appointment prior to the CC, as the medicals are booking quite a ways out.  You do need the letter of CC, so as long as you get that before you go, you should be fine.  We paid for the medical at the end of the appointment in London.  Hope this helps

Thanks for the info! 

Do I just make up an interview date? Or be honest and say I haven't got it yet?

I booked it! She said aslong as you have your case number and police certificate you can book it right now! 

I managed to get an appointment for next week! Wahoo! 

On 8/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, Keeley said:

I submitted my docs on the same date as you and my case status says the same thing: "Submit requested documents". Yes, that's the right link to check your status. You can also log into your account again by clicking the DS-260 or Fee Payment links here: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and monitor what happens to your document status. From what others have said on this forum, when you have case complete, your fee status will change from "Paid" to "N/A" and your documents' status will change from "Submitted" to "Accepted". Good luck! Hoping you get a speedy CC!

Thanks so much! 

Do you know about the new background check requirements for Canadians?  I don’t have the link handy but other people on VJ have talked about it some.  As of September 10th, need fingerprint-based background check, not name-based.  I submitted name-based.  Ugh.  Hopefully this doesn’t affect CC.

17 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

I booked it! She said aslong as you have your case number and police certificate you can book it right now! 

I managed to get an appointment for next week! Wahoo! 

Awesome, what date did you get???? :D

9 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

Awesome, what date did you get???? :D

It's not all good news though! 

I called my GP and asked if I will definitely have the documents in hand on Friday to take with me and they said no, it takes six weeks to send it over. So that's going to delay me for sure. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone 

i just got an email from NVC they received all required fees but in ceac website it still shows in process? I should wait until it shows paid to submit ds260 right? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, wacoachrusso said:

Here’s some info that I hope helps everyone!! I called the NVC and they said they received my whole packet on 8/23 and told me give them 3 weeks to process. On August 31 I checked my visa status and 5here was an error on the page!! I shrugged it of, and went about my day!! Late that night I checked my email ( around 3am east coast time) and I had an interview letter from the nvc!!! I was beyond ecstatic !! My wife’s interview date is October 23 in San Jose Costa Rica!! Even when I go back to check my status right now it still says “At NVC”  but I have a interview date!! So, keep hope

Congrats to you! All the best with your interview.

My mailed documents were received on August 31st. If it's not too much to ask can you please post a pic of what your CEAC looks like when you log in? I am only seeing info on pivot cases nothing for snail mail cases. Even though my I got confirmation by phone that my package was received CEAC is asking me to submit docs. I will really appreciate your response. 

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They accepted my  re submitted  documents now it says at NVC and that i am Documentary qualified that all documents i submit is accepted hopefully soon get the interview letter.

3 minutes ago, tawakol said:

They accepted my  re submitted  documents now it says at NVC and that i am Documentary qualified that all documents i submit is accepted hopefully soon get the interview letter.

Congratulations on your interview this process is bit of lucky I got cc bbefore you and still waiting for interview date my cc august 28 how long it took them to process your resubmitted documents my friend is waiting and it seems is taking longer to process then orginal review documents?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

Congratulations on your interview this process is bit of lucky I got cc bbefore you and still waiting for interview date my cc august 28 how long it took them to process your resubmitted documents my friend is waiting and it seems is taking longer to process then orginal review documents?

Thank you hopefully we get one soon me and you , it took two weeks to review the re submitted documents which was longer than first one took like 10 days it take long when we had to re submit i hope he get it soon i submit documents 10 august and got accepted some and some refused on 22 august resubmit it on 22 august today got all approved.  

24 minutes ago, Lynni said:

Congrats to you! All the best with your interview.

My mailed documents were received on August 31st. If it's not too much to ask can you please post a pic of what your CEAC looks like when you log in? I am only seeing info on pivot cases nothing for snail mail cases. Even though my I got confirmation by phone that my package was received CEAC is asking me to submit docs. I will really appreciate your response. 

Thanks

Hi. It just says “at NVC” when I check visa status. But I have an interview date for October 23. Got the email on August 31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.