dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So we have submitted the AOS and IV package to NVC as our ds260 was showing an application error 

Now it seems even today after bringing it to the notice of NVC since yesterday, we are able to log in to CEAC but as soon as we click on fee payment or ds260 we get an application error msg! 

And while the page shows immigrant visa, the browser shows non immigrant visa 

Anyone else facing similar issues or has faced in the past? This is really proving to be one roadblock here. Hope it's not a shutdown like the way it was in July 😑

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

I know that I have case complete as it says it on my ceac homepage. I can log in sometimes and sometimes i cant, so i'm not sure whats going on with it. Maybe something is up with the system. I remember a month or so ago, I read that it was down for days on end and people couldn't log in and upload/ pay fee's or anything. So i presumed from that. that it isn't the most reliable of websites. 

Hey 

We are facing the same issue. Done with everything except the ds260 form. It's really painful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Possible18 said:

They are closed now until Tuesday.  I called them twice today no interview date for me. 

@Possible18 same here..no interview date..

So I just received notice from the NVC. It directs us to pay our fees, and then subumit the documents. 

We don't yet have all of our documents.... as we are still waiting on the NBI and Thai Police clearance (Wife lives in Thailand, but is from the Philippines). 
Would it make sense to wait until we have all our documents together, before submitting the payment? Money is a little tight, and while I *CAN* manage it even if I need to pay *NOW*.... it would be much more budget friendly if we wait to pay until my next paycheck in two weeks.... which is how long I expect to have all our paperwork available anyway. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, JFox762 said:

So I just received notice from the NVC. It directs us to pay our fees, and then subumit the documents. 

We don't yet have all of our documents.... as we are still waiting on the NBI and Thai Police clearance (Wife lives in Thailand, but is from the Philippines). 
Would it make sense to wait until we have all our documents together, before submitting the payment? Money is a little tight, and while I *CAN* manage it even if I need to pay *NOW*.... it would be much more budget friendly if we wait to pay until my next paycheck in two weeks.... which is how long I expect to have all our paperwork available anyway. 

Which ever way its convenient for you is fine.

I decided to just go ahead and pay the fees now.

Anyways, another question. So I know I'm going to have to provide income and documents for the past 3 years. I've currently using "RapidVisa" to help proofread all the documents I've been submitting.

On their site, they have a questionaire that they use to fill out the DS260.

Here's a problem, it asks if I've filed for 2017. I have not yet filed for 2017, since we still need to file paperwork in order to add my wife on as "Filing jointly". So 2017's taxes were not filed. Can I just include my W2s for 2017?

1 hour ago, JFox762 said:

Would it make sense to wait until we have all our documents together, before y submitting the payment? Money is a little tight, and while I *CAN* manage it even if I need by to pay *NOW*.... it would be much more budget friendly if we wait to pay until my next paycheck in two weeks.... which is how long I expect to have all our paperwork available anyway. 

Nvc stage you can delay your own by not being prepare how ever you can pay fees after two months if you want but I prepare over time while I was waiting for case number we pay fees did everything within one week if you want faster process it all depends on you how fast you respond to nvc

Edited by happilyvisa

Timeline
36 minutes ago, JFox762 said:

I decided to just go ahead and pay the fees now.

Anyways, another question. So I know I'm going to have to provide income and documents for the past 3 years. I've currently using "RapidVisa" to help proofread all the documents I've been submitting.

On their site, they have a questionaire that they use to fill out the DS260.

Here's a problem, it asks if I've filed for 2017. I have not yet filed for 2017, since we still need to file paperwork in order to add my wife on as "Filing jointly". So 2017's taxes were not filed. Can I just include my W2s for 2017?

Include the w2s for 2017 to the nvc but nvc will ask the visa applicant to submit the 2017 tax transcript to the consular officer at the time of visa interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.