aznhouston

Case rejected due to wrong fee

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Going through said:

Just for interests sake, I found the below chart on the USCIS website on how to pay with more than one credit card:

(I'm wondering if this was just human error on their part and the person didn't realize that your filing fee/forms were correct)

Multiple/Combined Applications

Here are examples of how to properly submit payments:

If you submit... And wish to pay with... Then you must
One application, petition, or request One credit card Pay the entire fee for that application, petition, or request using one Form G-1450.
One application, petition, or request Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover gift cards or prepaid cards  Pay the entire fee for that application, petition, or request using one Form G-1450.
One application, petition, or request Two credit or gift cards (split payment)

Complete two Form G-1450s, one for each card, and specify the amount you wish to pay with each card.

Note: Make sure the amounts on the two Form G-1450s add up to the correct total, as we will reject a filing with an incorrect payment. Please complete one Form G-1450 for each card and ensure the total amount of the filing fee is correct between the two forms. (For example: You could pay a $400 filing fee with two $200 payments on each card.) 

Three applications, petitions, or request One credit card Submit three Form G-1450s, one for each application, petition, or request.
Five applications, petitions, or requests
  • One credit card for two of the forms
  • A check for the other three forms

Submit two separate packages --

• First package: two applications, petitions, or requests and two Form G-1450s.
  • Second package: three applications, petitions, or requests and three separate checks.

Wow. Haven't noticed they have this on the website. Thanks for sharing this.

But how do they count the number of application? Like when I submit the whole package containing 4 forms (130, 485, 765, 131), is it counted as one big application for 4?

In the example of five applications, it said "Submit two separate packages". So if my package is counted as 4 applications with 2 different credit cards, then I have to submit two separate packages. That could have been the reason.

I think sometimes the policy changes but the USCIS employees are unaware of. There are many cases where it was clearly their error. All they have to do is to say "oops". Meh.

Edited by hoangthaihuy

Timeline

Alright, so my card was charged today for $1760, now gotta wait for NOA1 and biometric.

It seems quick, sent the package overnight on the 31st, arriving at USCIS office on the 1st of August, credit card charged on the 6th, so it took 4 working days.

Just a tip for everyone, I submitted as what I received from them (with staples, the arrangement, everything) with only one fee payment form G-1450 amounting $1760 instead of using 2 separate ones. 

Edited by hoangthaihuy

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Alright, so my card was charged today for $1760, now gotta wait for NOA1 and biometric.

It seems quick, sent the package overnight on the 31st, arriving at USCIS office on the 1st of August, credit card charged on the 6th, so it took 4 working days.

Just a tip for everyone, I submitted as what I received from them (with staples, the arrangement, everything) with only one fee payment form G-1450 amounting $1760 instead of using 2 separate ones. 

sweet! glad this is finally behind you

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

12 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Congrats! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Iloveaccounting said:

Hey do you still maintain your F-1 status? Are u in CPT right now? I am asking cuz we’re in the same boat.

Yup I’m still under f1. Gonna graduate this semester and have just applied for reduced course load. I will prolly have a job offer soon. Wbu?

3 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Yup I’m still under f1. Gonna graduate this semester and have just applied for reduced course load. I will prolly have a job offer soon. Wbu?

I saw in one of your posts that we’re not supposed to be in F1 when our AOS is pending? Can you tell me more about that?  Did you get your EAD yet or you’re still using your CPT?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Iloveaccounting said:

I saw in one of your posts that we’re not supposed to be in F1 when our AOS is pending? Can you tell me more about that?  Did you get your EAD yet or you’re still using your CPT?

I asked the school and they said they will keep maintaining my F1 until I show them the GC. I have not received the EAD yet. I am still working 20h/week on campus as a Research Assistant.

3 hours ago, Iloveaccounting said:

Applying for AOS does not change your existing status.

It can impact Change of Status (COS) to another non-immigrant status if one filed for that, since most non-immigrant statuses require non-immigrant intent and a pending AOS implies immigrant intent.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 9/9/2018 at 5:44 PM, hoangthaihuy said:

I asked the school and they said they will keep maintaining my F1 until I show them the GC. I have not received the EAD yet. I am still working 20h/week on campus as a Research Assistant.

Just wondering, what stage are you at now? Mine changed on aug 29th to ready to be scheduled for interview. But thats pretty much it. No updates until now. 

Timeline
On 9/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, Iloveaccounting said:

Just wondering, what stage are you at now? Mine changed on aug 29th to ready to be scheduled for interview. But thats pretty much it. No updates until now. 

How many days after receiving the fingerprint did they change your case status to "ready for interview"? And which city are you petitioning from?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.