Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, ShanGaut said:

I’m sure this has been answered but how do you check online if you have received an nvc case number? Or do you have to call, and once you get one what’s the site you check the status on? Thanks

Enter your MCN here:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Edited by IandM1123

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

2 hours ago, ShanGaut said:

I’m sure this has been answered but how do you check online if you have received an nvc case number? Or do you have to call, and once you get one what’s the site you check the status on? Thanks

Yes that question has been answer more times then not answered. Some times the search function can be a great friend. Upper right corner, blue box, with "Google Custom Search". But I will add it again.

Checking on your embassy case number from NVC:

It will take 7 - 10 business days for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in there system and produce your case number.  Call 7:00 am eastern time for shorter wait times.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 7:00pm Philippine time/ 7:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. I was always able to have the phone answered after the first ring if I called right at 7am.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Natalia_777 said:

Hello
What does this mean?

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

"We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on July 31, 2018. "

Reply received by e-mail on request
Is there still something to ask and clarify by phone?

ps  sometimes it seems to me that people in these state organizations are either mocking people or are stupidly unwilling (lazy) to work

Check your case status here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ if you're not registered there, do it. 

In my case this message meant NOA2, as soon as I received the e-mail, I checked and then called my fiance to look for the hard copy which came a few days later.

It also seems that these people want us to really prove we want to do what we're going to do by creating these mysteries :star:

4 hours ago, Daniel and Sarah said:

I was wondering because NVC received my case on August 16, Case number assigned on August 17 but up till now it's still at NVC although they only do  send it electronically i believe every case and consulate is different and how NVC process cases.

They still continue to send a physical file in some cases and in others it's electronically sent. Again, it depends on NVC and what Embassy's they do each for. Currently, that's the two schools of thought that can be true for any record.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Natalia_777 said:

Hello
What does this mean?

"We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on July 31, 2018. "

ps  sometimes it seems to me that people in these state organizations are either mocking people or are stupidly unwilling (lazy) to work

How many visas does the US issue per year?
The permanent visas are issued to people applying for green cards and make up about 5 percent of the 11 million U.S. visas issued in 2016. Among the nonimmigrants visas, there are 81 categories. Each has its own set of criteria and application process.Apr 19, 2017

So USCIS process 11 million visas each year and you think they are "stupidly unwilling (laze) to work". I am a bit bias and protect of the Job these people do at USCIS, NVC and your Embassy to put up with people who are of the mindset of ME TOO, WHY HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED MY CASE and I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. This is a privilege and not a right to have a visa to move to the US. Not every Nation does this. We have one of the most lenient Immigration Laws. I wish people would be more appreciative.

As a spouse of a Filipino I can go to the Philippines but the longest I get to stay is 1 year. Then I have to leave for one day and travel outside the country and then I can return and I get another year. Or, I can pay for a ARC-I card that has to be renewed every year. There is another visa that requires you to buy a bond for 10K (?) and that allows you to stay but you have to update that from time to time. So here you come to the US, pay your fee for your GC for 2 years then you file again and you get to stay another 10 years on that GC. Never during the 2 year or 10 year period do you have to show up at some Government Agency and pay more or re-register. Pretty easy process.

Don't come back with any ####### about blah blah blah. I don't care about your feelings.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
5 hours ago, Natalia_777 said:

Hello
What does this mean?

Hi Natalia, I thought your case has been approved already?

image.png.76e2a765137c8ac8d916770ca48ebb92.png

Friends since 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bure said:

Hey guys, 

1. I would like to know if the new letter of intent for the interview will be addressed to USCIS or the consulate where the interview will be held? 

2. Also my fiancee(the petitoner) has exceeded the 125% in the last two of the required 3 years ITR. I hope this will not be a problem because she didn't meet the 125% requirement in the first of the 3 years. 

@Greenbaum any help please? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:
How many visas does the US issue per year?
The permanent visas are issued to people applying for green cards and make up about 5 percent of the 11 million U.S. visas issued in 2016. Among the nonimmigrants visas, there are 81 categories. Each has its own set of criteria and application process.Apr 19, 2017

So USCIS process 11 million visas each year and you think they are "stupidly unwilling (laze) to work". I am a bit bias and protect of the Job these people do at USCIS, NVC and your Embassy to put up with people who are of the mindset of ME TOO, WHY HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED MY CASE and I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. This is a privilege and not a right to have a visa to move to the US. Not every Nation does this. We have one of the most lenient Immigration Laws. I wish people would be more appreciative.

As a spouse of a Filipino I can go to the Philippines but the longest I get to stay is 1 year. Then I have to leave for one day and travel outside the country and then I can return and I get another year. Or, I can pay for a ARC-I card that has to be renewed every year. There is another visa that requires you to buy a bond for 10K (?) and that allows you to stay but you have to update that from time to time. So here you come to the US, pay your fee for your GC for 2 years then you file again and you get to stay another 10 years on that GC. Never during the 2 year or 10 year period do you have to show up at some Government Agency and pay more or re-register. Pretty easy process.

Don't come back with any ####### about blah blah blah. I don't care about your feelings.

you are a little mistaken...
Excuse me!
Yes, there are a lot of emotions
BUT
I said that we do this visa again! The first time it took 3 months, and the US visa center 2 weeks.  Last year

And now it's too long. That's why it's strange.
I have not violated any laws, all the papers are in place.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Natalia_777 said:

Yes, approved.
But now we still have to wait for the visa center decision.
When the printer starts to print paper probably)))
Thank you))

Oh, I see. On your previous post, you mentioned they are still reviewing your case. I am a little bit confused, hehe sorry :) Did you get your case number already and scheduled for an interview?

image.thumb.png.f1fa7a1229663e97ccabbc71f758059f.png

Friends since 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all, who knows the answer??  When filling out the affidavit of support, how long is the actually affidavit good for? 30 days, 40 days, etc?  Just wanted to know if it can expire while waiting on interview?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, IandM1123 said:

Oh, I see. On your previous post, you mentioned they are still reviewing your case. I am a little bit confused, hehe sorry :) Did you get your case number already and scheduled for an interview?

image.thumb.png.f1fa7a1229663e97ccabbc71f758059f.png

I do not know what is happening in the visa center
Without their consent, this is impossible.
Should wait. while the printer is running
The last sentence is a joke and sarcasm if someone suddenly does not understand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes for NVC to send your case to the embassy? I might have read something about NVC sending batches out every few weeks...Might have misread though 🙆‍♀️

Edited by SR_CAN

Hi friends...new to this thread.... January filer and received my NOA2 Aug 20th....

Called the NVC today...nothing yet...from reading around I know I will most likely get a case number by sometime late next week.

My fiance - beneficiary - lives in the Dominican Republic....

I've done my fair share of research but am beginning to feel a bit confused...

Can someone clarify my next steps please!

I feel like I have several websites to visit and sign up or fill forms out in...maybe I'm wrong...

I know I have to do the DS160 - have read you don't necessarily need a case number for it and it's good for one year but I haven't done anything yet.

I have to register an account to schedule both the VAC app and Interview and pay online at 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/

What about the DS260? Online immigrant visa application and registration form?

AOS? Affidavit of Support?

Where do I find these forms?

Thank you guys for all your help wouldn't be able to do this stuff without VJ! 

xoxo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.