2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello, Please I need help. My Spouse is USC and my attorney sent Vawa application with i486 to Vermont Center with EAD category C31. I told him that I have expired  EAD under category C9 and i can renew under same category because my spouse is USC. He sent another application C9 to NBC but later rejected, he sent another application  to Vermont under category C9 but we got receipt under category C31 again, what can I do because I need to work, I'm out of work since January. Thanks

17 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello, Please I need help. My Spouse is USC and my attorney sent Vawa application with i486 to Vermont Center with EAD category C31. I told him that I have expired  EAD under category C9 and i can renew under same category because my spouse is USC. He sent another application C9 to NBC but later rejected, he sent another application  to Vermont under category C9 but we got receipt under category C31 again, what can I do because I need to work, I'm out of work since January. Thanks

If you filed i-485 along with your vawa, then your attorney marked  the wrong category, go ahead and file another I-765 (c09) with Vermont since you have pending i-485, you should receive it within 5months, but remember you must pay the filing fee or request fee waiver if you qualify.

Edited by Ilo

Timeline

Thanks@ilo, he told me that he marked renewal under category C9 but I don't know why C31 again. Please do you know where I can marked or write category C9 in the form  ? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks@ilo, he told me that he marked renewal under category C9 but I don't know why C31 again. Please do you know where I can marked or write category C9 in the form  ? Thanks 

Hi, I made the same mistake when I filed and refilled under C9. You will get the receipt for C9 and your work permit will be issued. USCIS will do nothing about the C31 until VAWA is approved. So don’t worry your C9 will be processed as long as your attorney filed it. 

You mark C9 around the same portion you marked C31. The receipt for c9 will come since he filed it. You probably got c31 first because they received that before the c9

Timeline

Thanks@ilo, Can I fill another form by myself because my attorney is not around ready to listen  ? Can I fill it online or with pen ? Thanks 

30 minutes ago, Ilo said:

If you filed i-485 along with your vawa, then your attorney marked  the wrong category, go ahead and file another I-765 (c09) with Vermont since you have pending i-485, you should receive it within 5months, but remember you must pay the filing fee or request fee waiver if you qualify.

4 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks@ilo, Can I fill another form by myself because my attorney is not around ready to listen  ? Can I fill it online or with pen ? Thanks 

I have read from several collaborators that only the attorney in charge of the case (whenever applicable) can send documents / forms to USCIS, please read in the previous messages of the forum to confirm ...

On 11/24/2018 at 9:42 AM, Military said:

Hey @gramercy did you recieve an instant approval? I noticed you received your GC less than 10 days after your interview. I am going for my interview on Tuesday, kinda hoping for a similar result as I really wanna travel back home for the Holidays. I have opted not to use my AP and just wait for the GC.

I hope your interview went well xx

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

14 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Your attorney has to file unless you fire your attorney. 

You can ask your attorney for a copy of the I-765 form he sent to verify that he really applied under C09. 

Hello All,

My Vawa I-360 filed dated August 31, 2016 is still pending. I only received the request to provide the police clearance back in October 2016 and have not received any update since then. My lawyer keep stating that there is a backlog with Vawa cases and that he just heard that somebody was called for an interview for a I-360 to the field office who filed a month before me (July 2016) with 2 weeks notice in advance. Is it really take this long? How rare is it to be called for an interview without filing I-485? Can the lawyer directly inquire and receive more information other than the case is pending? The only inquiries my lawyer made were with supervisor in the field office and was told to wait. We sent a letter to Vermont office requesting to provide an update 4 months ago but have not received any response back either. Thank you for any advice!

2 minutes ago, nka said:

Hello All,

My Vawa I-360 filed dated August 31, 2016 is still pending. I only received the request to provide the police clearance back in October 2016 and have not received any update since then. My lawyer keep stating that there is a backlog with Vawa cases and that he just heard that somebody was called for an interview for a I-360 to the field office who filed a month before me (July 2016) with 2 weeks notice in advance. Is it really take this long? How rare is it to be called for an interview without filing I-485? Can the lawyer directly inquire and receive more information other than the case is pending? The only inquiries my lawyer made were with supervisor in the field office and was told to wait. We sent a letter to Vermont office requesting to provide an update 4 months ago but have not received any response back either. Thank you for any advice!

Your case is WAY out of processing times. You can check here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I-360 takes 16-20.5 months. They are adjudicating July 2017 cases right now but are still working on cases up to March 27th, 2017.

Your attorney clearly has no idea what he is talking about. You need to have him write a notarized letter to the VAWA Unit and you need to contact your congressman, senator and the USCIS ombudsman asap. Your case is about a year behind normal cases. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Your attorney has to file unless you fire your attorney. 

You can ask your attorney for a copy of the I-765 form he sent to verify that he really applied under C09. 

Thanks, Do you have any links to show him to prove that I can apply under category C09 ? Just to convince him because he use to tell me that I can't get my EAD until Vawa approval.

23 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Your case is WAY out of processing times. You can check here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I-360 takes 16-20.5 months. They are adjudicating July 2017 cases right now but are still working on cases up to March 27th, 2017.

Your attorney clearly has no idea what he is talking about. You need to have him write a notarized letter to the VAWA Unit and you need to contact your congressman, senator and the USCIS ombudsman asap. Your case is about a year behind normal cases. 

I have the same issue I have filed my case in September 2015 is there a way that someone can help me with the letter that I have to send to the VAWA Unit and if someone can help me with the letter like what should I write and what’s the mailing address to the VAWA unit in Vermont??  

If aomeone can please ease assist me I will be forever grateful 

25 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

I have the same issue I have filed my case in September 2015 is there a way that someone can help me with the letter that I have to send to the VAWA Unit and if someone can help me with the letter like what should I write and what’s the mailing address to the VAWA unit in Vermont??  

If aomeone can please ease assist me I will be forever grateful 

Same address you sent your petition to. You can just google it. 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/direct-filing-addresses-form-i-360-immigrant-petition-amerasian-widower-or-special-immigrant

75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

All you do is write a letter inquiring about the status of your I-360 petition, referring to the current processing times. Also attach a copy of your receipt notice and all other communication you may have received regarding your I-360. Make sure to mention your A number and I-360 case number. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.