Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Otenu said:

Cool! Better safe than sorry :) It won’t be a problem as long as you bring all your vac records and if you need any extra shot, the doctor will tell you which ones you need and that you can get them in America.

You’ll need MMR and Influenza (I’m almost positive). Dr. Garrido told me during my medical exam that flu season is around October and that’s when they require Influenza (not H1N1), but I decided to get it anyway in case I need it later for AOS. Also, Varicella if you don’t have chickenpox history.

I will do MMR and influenza just be on safe side.. 

Guys, don’t let any vaccines to be taken here in the US. If any vaccines needed are missing, you’ll need not only to pay for them here (expensive specially if you don’t have health insurance sort out) but go to a civil surgeon accredited by uscis to get a new vaccine record, oftentimes they require you to do a whole new medical instead and that’s VERY costly. 

Im not sure about foreigners in Brazil and their ability to get the vaccines for free in a posto de saúde, but Brazilians can so don’t waste time and money, go for it.

I only had to get the dtap (doctor from BH did not accept my dt only) and flu vaccines out of pocket, all others were available for free.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I didn’t have to get Dtap, doctor in Rio accepted my Dt phew :D 

Yes, it’s an option to get your vaccines in America but it’s too expensive compared to Brazil. I had to pay for some of the vaccines, like MMR, because even though Posto de Saúde should give them for free, I couldn’t find a single one that had it available, sadly. Same for Influenza. 

K1:

I-129F Form and petition sent: May 21, 2018.

First Notice of Action: ● Old website: May 24, 2018.

● New website: May 30, 2018.

Second Notice of Action: November 6, 2018.

NVC Case # Assigned: December 7, 2018.

・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 

Useful links:

Check your case status.

Old website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

NVC Case: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Is it possible to schedule the interview before receiving packet 3 as soon as we get our case number? I know the general guidelines are to wait for the Embassy to send you the email, but if Rio has a 2 month wait time, it seems safe to schedule the interview in advanced as 2 months is enough time for NVC to ship the application and the embassy to process it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, aclarant said:

Is it possible to schedule the interview before receiving packet 3 as soon as we get our case number? I know the general guidelines are to wait for the Embassy to send you the email, but if Rio has a 2 month wait time, it seems safe to schedule the interview in advanced as 2 months is enough time for NVC to ship the application and the embassy to process it.

You can schedule your interview as soon as your case status turns to ready on ceac.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

Question regarding the income proof...

Does anyone know if Rio accepts printed copies of the tax forms? Or do they require the originals, with wet signatures and all?

I sent them an email asking about that, and they replied saying copies are accepted. 

Screenshot_20190129-110239.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

I sent them an email asking about that, and they replied saying copies are accepted. 

Nice! Thank you! Rio seems to be "chill" in comparison with some other consulates.

I've been checking the CEAC website every single day, I can't wait to make the arrangements for my trip to Rio.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Moraesm said:

Question regarding the income proof...

Does anyone know if Rio accepts printed copies of the tax forms? Or do they require the originals, with wet signatures and all?

We had our interview today and I, the petitioner, just printed copies of my returns and brought them. I've just done my taxes online for the past 10 or so years also. I printed the 1040A for 2017 and 2016 just to be safe.

Timeline

Folks! My CEAC finally says "Ready!"

I have a very newbie question: I need to go https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ to file and pay for the DS-160 and then here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv to actually make the appointment, right?

In this case, at the CASV website, which options is the most appropriate (or that you folks have chosen without any problem):

- I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the NVC...

- I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register... a K visa appointment.

1 hour ago, Moraesm said:

Folks! My CEAC finally says "Ready!"

I have a very newbie question: I need to go https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ to file and pay for the DS-160 and then here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv to actually make the appointment, right?

In this case, at the CASV website, which options is the most appropriate (or that you folks have chosen without any problem):

- I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the NVC...

- I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register... a K visa appointment.

The payment is done at the second website. The first one is just to fill out the ds160. 

If you’re going for a k visa, second choice. The first one is for immigrant visas 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

@p-ana

Thanks! From what I read, I am all set to file and schedule the interview, right? Do I have to necessarily wait for the packet?

No need to wait. Fill out the form and schedule the interview.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

No need to wait. Fill out the form and schedule the interview.

You can also schedule the medical. I'm having mine next week, even though the interview is only next month.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

You can also schedule the medical. I'm having mine next week, even though the interview is only next month.

Thanks. My city doesn't have a certified doctor so I'll have the appointment in Rio too and have one "big" trip.

Did your doctor require the CASV appointment confirmation in order to schedule your medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.