848 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Dal Gaga said:

Hi,

we had our interview on August 29th at Brooklyn office . The same thing happened to us . The status changed to interview completed and my case must be reviewed . Nothing heard since then . We already passed the 2 year marriage last year this year is the 3rd year and still we have to wait . 

That’s basically because you’re an lpr petitioner and like i said, unless your beneficiary maintained their f1 status all throughout, they may need a waiver, go home and come back to actually get the gc. Did they get a work permit at any point ?

8 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

That’s basically because you’re an lpr petitioner and like i said, unless your beneficiary maintained their f1 status all throughout, they may need a waiver, go home and come back to actually get the gc. Did they get a work permit at any point ?

8 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

Yes , he s still under F1 visa . Work permit ? He s not eligible for that . Only applicants who married a citizen who are eligible for work permit . He s been living here without the right to work . If he got a work permit , it would be better and less hectic at least .

2 hours ago, Dal Gaga said:

Yes , he s still under F1 visa . Work permit ? He s not eligible for that . Only applicants who married a citizen who are eligible for work permit . He s been living here without the right to work . If he got a work permit , it would be better and less hectic at least .

If the beneficiary is in legal status and is petitioned by lpr, you only submit i130, they go home get their immigrant visa and come back and get their GC by mail. Now a lpr beneficiary qualifies for aos if the i130 was approved, they’re in legal status and their category is current, whether or not petitioner is a usc. The aos has to be submitted properly however cause if you don’t submitted ead/ap application then you’re not going to get it. It’s odd you got an interview at all if those requirements weren’t met but hopefully everything gets resolved soon. 😇Good luck my friend 🍀👍🏽

1 hour ago, Mellamanlola said:

If the beneficiary is in legal status and is petitioned by lpr, you only submit i130, they go home get their immigrant visa and come back and get their GC by mail. Now a lpr beneficiary qualifies for aos if the i130 was approved, they’re in legal status and their category is current, whether or not petitioner is a usc. The aos has to be submitted properly however cause if you don’t submitted ead/ap application then you’re not going to get it. It’s odd you got an interview at all if those requirements weren’t met but hopefully everything gets resolved soon. 😇Good luck my friend 🍀👍🏽

Yes, I guess we didn’t as it s supposed to be done . Our I 130 was approved and then we were instructed by the immigration to file AOS if the beneficiary doesn’t wanna have the interview back home and wants to live here legally  until the green card is received . We weren’t told about the right to file employment based application . We followed their steps . I don’t know why they re complicating the existence . 

19 hours ago, HTM27 said:

I had basically the same experience in Manhattan a week earlier than you and case is 'being reviewed' ever since. The I-130 was approved a few days after the interview.

I figure that, on the bright side, if it really takes them 120+ days they'll pass my two year anniversary and I'll get the 10 year GC and save a few hundred dollars....

When my interview finished, the officer handed me the paper said we need wait to 120 days before we call in , but he also said usually it wont take 120 days,  maybe 30-40 days, 

2 minutes ago, dc91226 said:

Anyone still waiting for an interview to be scheduled?

June 18th 2018 PD here, Manhattan F/O

I already asked my local congresswoman for help and USCIS replied and of course they said I’m within the timeline. I don’t really know if I have any other options other than waiting. 

We had priority date of 4/13/18 in Manhattan....we just got notice of interview 2 weeks ago.  You're likely to get an email notification in coming 1-2 months.  It will arrive when least expecting it, hopefully.

3 hours ago, manhattannate said:

We had priority date of 4/13/18 in Manhattan....we just got notice of interview 2 weeks ago.  You're likely to get an email notification in coming 1-2 months.  It will arrive when least expecting it, hopefully.

I sure hope so. It’s just so frustrating because it seems at this point there’s no particular order they are following. I swear it seems line they just randomly just pick one out of a hat 🤔

19 minutes ago, dc91226 said:

I sure hope so. It’s just so frustrating because it seems at this point there’s no particular order they are following. I swear it seems line they just randomly just pick one out of a hat 🤔

They started processing the 2019 PD dates faster to save themselves the revenue for all the future i-751's but the 2018's seem to be pretty predictable now.

Based on everyone's recent Manhattan experiences here, you'll probably get an interview notice in December and your interview will probably be mid to late January, maybe February if things slow down due to all the holidays.

14 minutes ago, HTM27 said:

They started processing the 2019 PD dates faster to save themselves the revenue for all the future i-751's but the 2018's seem to be pretty predictable now.

Based on everyone's recent Manhattan experiences here, you'll probably get an interview notice in December and your interview will probably be mid to late January, maybe February if things slow down due to all the holidays.

Did USCIS acknowledge this or did we just put 2+2 together?

i just wish that they processed it in some sort of chronological order oh well wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, dc91226 said:

In our particular case we were pd 6/14/18 and they summoned us on 9/26/19 but we were in bk and most bk filers were summoned in pd order (sort of from what i saw here). If @manhattannate is also in Manhattan from   April and was called in for an October interview just add up may filers for November and june filers for December or something like that. You can also be summoned whenever your IO gets to your file on their desk 😪 hopefully I’m right. Good luck my friend 🍀👍🏽

17 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

In our particular case we were pd 6/14/18 and they summoned us on 9/26/19 but we were in bk and most bk filers were summoned in pd order (sort of from what i saw here). If @manhattannate is also in Manhattan from   April and was called in for an October interview just add up may filers for November and june filers for December or something like that. You can also be summoned whenever your IO gets to your file on their desk 😪 hopefully I’m right. Good luck my friend 🍀👍🏽

Thank you all!

I will surely update everyone as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Mine PD is March 2018 NYC

My green card is approved after interview yesterday

Longer waited and now finally it is over waited.  

I'm so very very very happy happy and joy.

God is wonderful all the time.

I really love God a lot.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, just wanted to see where people sent in their EAD/AP renewals. We filed 485/765/131 together at the Lewisville lockbox. The website for the I-765 says only send to Chicago if your original application was filed there, but it doesn't provide any extra info on where to send it otherwise. The receipt number is MSC though, so perhaps they changed the office and everything's going to Chicago now? We're based in NYC, if that's helpful. 

Thanks for any advice :) 

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 10.11.21.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.