K1visaHopeful

Beneficiary Medical Results BEFORE interview (K1 Canada)???

3 posts in this topic

Weird K1 question that has been on my mind since completing the medical...
I've read through some of the posts in other countries and have the understanding that when doing your medical you kind of get the impression that you are "all clear" meaning TB and STD free.
Would the panel physician in Canada tell you if you had a medical issue barring you from receiving the visa right at the medical appointment or afterwards upon receiving your sealed medical package? Or is that something we are forced to wait for and are forced to find out at the embassy interview? I've read in some countries if TB is detected applicants are told so they can start treatment before even booking the interview as obviously they would be denied. Same with STDs. Is that true for Canada?
I'm staring at my yellow envelope AND I hate it right now not knowing, lol.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Weird K1 question that has been on my mind since completing the medical...
I've read through some of the posts in other countries and have the understanding that when doing your medical you kind of get the impression that you are "all clear" meaning TB and STD free.
Would the panel physician in Canada tell you if you had a medical issue barring you from receiving the visa right at the medical appointment or afterwards upon receiving your sealed medical package? Or is that something we are forced to wait for and are forced to find out at the embassy interview? I've read in some countries if TB is detected applicants are told so they can start treatment before even booking the interview as obviously they would be denied. Same with STDs. Is that true for Canada?
I'm staring at my yellow envelope AND I hate it right now not knowing, lol.

Panel physicians are instructed to treat any discovered issues then prepare the medical report after the issue is treated

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical-instructions-panel-physicians.html

Take a look.  If you just got an envelope with no further instructions or treatment you're good to go.

Edited by Nitas_man

3 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Panel physicians are instructed to treat any discovered issues then prepare the medical report after the issue is treated

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical-instructions-panel-physicians.html

Take a look.  If you just got an envelope with no further instructions or treatment you're good to go.

Awesome! I was thinking that's how it would proceed but I wasnt sure. My medical appt was very cut and dry without much explanation for what happens after all of the tests like other countries but I have the sealed envelope and the only correspondence between myself and the PP was an email they sent telling me the package was on the way. 

Thank you for the link. You put my soul at ease! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.