Ijndchyke

K1 VISA PROCEDURES FOR NIGERIA ONLY

413 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don’t understand when the k1 “expires”. We had our interview on 8/27 and have been in AP ever since. We submitted the add’l requested documents the next day after the interview. 

I know there is an expiration date but I don’t know how it works. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovemyman said:

I don’t understand when the k1 “expires”. We had our interview on 8/27 and have been in AP ever since. We submitted the add’l requested documents the next day after the interview. 

I know there is an expiration date but I don’t know how it works. 

It’s 4months from the date you received READY. I advice you email and call the embassy for an extension. Is your passport with the embassy? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ola&Adunni said:

It’s 4months from the date you received READY. I advice you email and call the embassy for an extension. Is your passport with the embassy? 

Passport is not with the embassy. Thank you, I will call the embassy. I don’t know the “ready” date, how do I find that? 

Sorry for all the questions 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

When you were approved did they give him the Visa on the spot at the consulate or does he have to return back in a few days?

Return in 2 weeks. He will pick it up from consulate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lovemyman said:

Passport is not with the embassy. Thank you, I will call the embassy. I don’t know the “ready” date, how do I find that? 

Sorry for all the questions 

It should be on the I797 form which is the "Notice of Action" #2. 

Timeline
On 9/19/2019 at 1:08 AM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

When you were approved did they give him the Visa on the spot at the consulate or does he have to return back in a few days?

He will pick it up from embassy. 

IMG_20190919_224453.jpg

IMG_20190919_225116.jpg

Edited by L.davis

Timeline
7 hours ago, L.davis said:

He will pick it up from embassy. 

IMG_20190919_224453.jpg

IMG_20190919_225116.jpg

Does this mean that his visa is ready for pick up only two days after your interview?

Timeline

I'm having trouble with the interview appointment scheduling page. I never saw a K1 option and now my interview is booked but under B1/B2 visa... did anyone else have this issue? Can anyone help me? Please don't ignore. Thanks.

Timeline
On 3/30/2019 at 9:20 PM, GreenLt said:

hahaha...yup sometimes you cant help the feeling that an issue is overwhelming. 

Thank you so much...much appreciated.

On 3/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, Greenbaum said:

3 million ppl apply for a Visa each year and you ask has anyone else experience this. 😁😄 Sorry but I get a kick out of that statement each time someone ask it. Anyhowww. Here is what you do to correct the problem. 

Follow the link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome clicked on "Provide Feedback" on the menu on the left, chose "Online system errors" on the "reason" drop down menu, write about the discrepancy in your new DS-160 application number and the schedule confirmation they sent myou in the "comments" box, and attached a photo of my DS-160 application confirmation.

In a day or so you should confirmation that the new DS160 is attached to your K1.

I had a similar problem where my appointment was already scheduled but under B1/B2 instead of K1 I emailed them twice and used the "provide feedback tab" indicating that the interview is for a k1 visa and they said the issue has been rectified and I should see changes. But my interview profile still says B1/B2 with no changes. I emailed them a screenshot of proof that jo changes had been made to my profile... awaiting and answer. Any other advice?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I'm having trouble with the interview appointment scheduling page. I never saw a K1 option and now my interview is booked but under B1/B2 visa... did anyone else have this issue? Can anyone help me? Please don't ignore. Thanks.

Did you select immigrant visa?  I believe B1/B2 are your options under non-immigrant visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.