Ijndchyke

K1 VISA PROCEDURES FOR NIGERIA ONLY

413 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, TennilleO said:

Does anyone know if you have to add children over 18 on the I-134?  Also if the child is currently 17 but will be 18 during the interview do you still add them as well?

If they are going to be 18 before the interview date you can leave them off the I-134

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tidy said:

Congrats. May I know exactly what was written in the mail? Got a mail yesterday saying that my documents have been collected from the embassy/consulate and that I opted to have it delivered at Victoria island dhl. Is this the same mail you got?

Congratsssss! Your visa is ready. I got a text message and a mail. It means your visa is ready for pickup. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance had his interview June 14th, On June 22 the status changed from "application received" "administrative process". Is that a good sign or any concern? 

Thanks 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Omoge Afo said:

Hello,

My fiance had his interview June 14th, On June 22 the status changed from "application received" "administrative process". Is that a good sign or any concern? 

Thanks 

Hello! Someone posted this in another forum that may help.  I dont think you have any cause for concern.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, Greenbaum said:

Just about everyone goes through this process.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps to complete the processing of your visa:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Hello! Someone posted this in another forum that may help.  I dont think you have any cause for concern.

Thank you for the information.  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, charlyadams said:

Hello everyone, I had my k1 visa interview on the 21st  of June and I just tracked my case and  got an "Administrative Processing" response. Please, is this normal? Did anyone experience same? 

Yes, it is very normal, actually it a good thing, our application was in administrative process for couple days and then changed to issued. so you should get your passport with visa in couple days 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, charlyadams said:

Tnx. Pls how long did yours stay in administrative processing specifically?

From June 22nd and changed to issued on June 25th

4 hours ago, Tatorsmom said:

Why can I not schedule my interview, ive got approved ready status, filled ds-160 and payed fee's. But when log in it says no appointment. I have not yet received packet from embassy. I was just trying to be ahead of game since said ready status. Any help would b appriceated

I think the embassy is very busy now  most probable because of student visa applications. Schools resumes in September and the embassy gets tones of applications this period. They'll open interview slots soon so be on the look out by constantly checking the web page. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.