BriJac

GHANA K1 INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is anyone else at the stage of scheduling their interview appointment online with the Ghanaian embassy? I log on the site at least 20 times a day, every single day. Not counting the times that my fiance is also checking. And each time, it says "There are currently no appointments available at this time". Have you guys notice a time frame that they are releasing new dates? Like should I be looking around the first week of the month or the last? I am so frustrated. So close, yet so far!

3 hours ago, BriJac said:

Is anyone else at the stage of scheduling their interview appointment online with the Ghanaian embassy? I log on the site at least 20 times a day, every single day. Not counting the times that my fiance is also checking. And each time, it says "There are currently no appointments available at this time". Have you guys notice a time frame that they are releasing new dates? Like should I be looking around the first week of the month or the last? I am so frustrated. So close, yet so far!

Hi. Pls how long did it take for you to get the email from the embassy after they got your case from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, BriJac said:

All you can do is keep on checking everyday. Be patient this process is very stressful, hopefully your fiance get his interview date soon.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abia20 said:

Hi. Pls how long did it take for you to get the email from the embassy after they got your case from NVC

Hi it took 6 weeks 4 days to receive packet 3 email. Embassy receive June 1st just got  email yesterday July 17th. Now trying to schedule interview ugggh

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abia20 said:

By the way complete your timeline to help others trying to estimate each steps on their journey thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just want to clarify something. There is a nvc letter you get from National visa center saying uscis sent your case to Ghana consulate. That will come in the email. Packet three however or what used to be the call in letter -packet 3, is that through email as well and to whom? The petitioner ?? I’m helping a friend and now they are stuck at this part since May. Due to knowledge I know , I had them pay there fee already at the bank , do the ds-160 form, and sign up on us traveldocs to set an appointment but no appointment dates have opened up. If it did, then they could do there medical and get the police report etc. what’s the hold up on the interview dates and the letter that gives you all the info 

Timeline
3 hours ago, A&Oforever said:

Just want to clarify something. There is a nvc letter you get from National visa center saying uscis sent your case to Ghana consulate. That will come in the email. Packet three however or what used to be the call in letter -packet 3, is that through email as well and to whom? The petitioner ?? I’m helping a friend and now they are stuck at this part since May. Due to knowledge I know , I had them pay there fee already at the bank , do the ds-160 form, and sign up on us traveldocs to set an appointment but no appointment dates have opened up. If it did, then they could do there medical and get the police report etc. what’s the hold up on the interview dates and the letter that gives you all the info 

Yes p3 email to the petitioner.  The Embassy is slow it took 6 weeks 4 days  to get P3 and took  12 days to find interview date logging in several times each day till kicked out and I found date like 330am my time since Ghana is 7 hours ahead of my time zone . CEAC was on READY from 6/1 update 6/27 than update on 7/17 when P3 arrived in my email 830am  my time. The interviews are out till November at this point, my fiancé is scheduled October 11 when I scheduled there was few days last 2 weeks of October looks like Embassy has  3 slots per day that is open for interviews I have logged on just to see if earlier appointments have opened up or cancels but no appointments available 

hope this helps....,

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wildcoffeelover said:

Yes p3 email to the petitioner.  The Embassy is slow it took 6 weeks 4 days  to get P3 and took  12 days to find interview date logging in several times each day till kicked out and I found date like 330am my time since Ghana is 7 hours ahead of my time zone . CEAC was on READY from 6/1 update 6/27 than update on 7/17 when P3 arrived in my email 830am  my time. The interviews are out till November at this point, my fiancé is scheduled October 11 when I scheduled there was few days last 2 weeks of October looks like Embassy has  3 slots per day that is open for interviews I have logged on just to see if earlier appointments have opened up or cancels but no appointments available 

hope this helps....,

Wow this was helpful !! Thank you. I was logging in everyday and not seeing anything . Well they got sent to Ghana in May but still haven’t received anything in the email except the nvc letter . We will be waiting but I guess I’m gonna take the risk and schedule them if we see an appointment date. Do you mind sharing what they said the couples need. What I know is ds160, paid appointment, police report, medical , two passport pics , evidence of relationship and affidavit of support(I-134 not the i-864) with one - three year tax transcripts  , 

Timeline
1 minute ago, A&Oforever said:

Wow this was helpful !! Thank you. I was logging in everyday and not seeing anything . Well they got sent to Ghana in May but still haven’t received anything in the email except the nvc letter . We will be waiting but I guess I’m gonna take the risk and schedule them if we see an appointment date. Do you mind sharing what they said the couples need. What I know is ds160, paid appointment, police report, medical , two passport pics , evidence of relationship and affidavit of support(I-134 not the i-864) with one - three year tax transcripts  , 

PM you email I will send  you P3 packet 

Timeline

Wow your such a sweetheart ! I appreciate this so much. Thank you . And ofcourse I can easily repay you hahaha I have the knowledge of the process . If you have any questions I can really help as well . Ask away, my husband then fiancé is here so I know the process up until the two year green card before the conditions are removed  . 

Timeline
Just now, A&Oforever said:

Wow your such a sweetheart ! I appreciate this so much. Thank you . And ofcourse I can easily repay you hahaha I have the knowledge of the process . If you have any questions I can really help as well . Ask away, my husband then fiancé is here so I know the process up until the two year green card before the conditions are removed  . 

No problem I’m glad to help! Yes I will need your help interview questions would be great to know what kind they ask? Always want to be prepared lol!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wildcoffeelover said:

No problem I’m glad to help! Yes I will need your help interview questions would be great to know what kind they ask? Always want to be prepared lol!!

I’ll post them here to help others . 

Who petitioned for u?

Where does she live?

Who does she live with ?

What does she do for a living? Specifics were asked

When did you all meet ? 

How did you meet?

How have you guys grown?

What do u all have in common ?

What are your wedding plans ?

How many people will be in attendance ? 

Where will it be ? 

Have you all had a knocking ceremony ? 

Have u met her family ? Was it a knocking or did u give her parents a drink? He said he met my family member like my cousins and my mom but that was it. No knocking or exchanging of drinks occurred. That will be later as part of our ceremony 

Where is her dad ? 

What did she come to do in Ghana ? 

Why was the last trip so short? It was only a week and he explained job obligations 

Who will officiate the wedding ? 

Have you all started marriage counseling ? 

what college I went to ?

how old my siblings are?

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.