17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good evening,

I have been trying to research this on my own but I can't find clear answers in addition I don't see any recent reaffirmed cases from Pakistan (but I just may not be using the search engine correctly).  Would anyone be able to tell me the following:

1.  Typically how long does it take USCIS to actually send the package to NVC?  The date of my letter from USCIS about my case being reaffirmed is dated 7/9/18.

2.  It seems once at NVC it isn't there too long...is this correct?

3.  Interview - The most recent post were from 2013 and it looked like Islamabad contacted the beneficiary in regards to the interview date and what was needed.  Is this still the case or does NVC now schedule as they did our first interview?

4.  Administrative Processing before the interview -  The cases I saw in 2013 were in AP for some time before the interview was given (like 6 months or more).  I'm hoping it was just a bad year at the embassy.  Has anyone been through this more recently that can give me more insight?

6.  Medical - does it expire in 6 months or one year?

7.  What can I expect from this second interview?  I'm praying we won't be sent to the "room" a second time.  Other than being sent there our experience was positive.  That part was a tad bit traumatizing..    

Everything so far has happened so fast that I'm not sure what to expect.   I'm very grateful but hoping in continues to move at this rate..

Our interview was 12/13/17

Our case was returned to NVC 1/4/18

USCIS received from NVC 2/23/18

USCIS sent us NOIR 6/4/18

USCIS  confirmed receipt of our rebuttal 6/25/18

USCIS reaffirmed the case 7/9/18

I try to see my husband every 4-6 months.  We were together in at the end of May I know its a long shot but I'm trying to calculate when our interview might be and if I should plan a trip in between.

Thanks in advanced!

~Freda

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Action was fast on your case after interview and particularly after the NOIR.  Very fast decision after your response.  Unless somebody comes back with Islamabad specific relevant information on a reaffirmed case, your guess on timing and procedure are as good as anybody's would be.

As for a visit, I would expect the second interview to be no later than October but that too is just an educated guess.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Good evening,

I have been trying to research this on my own but I can't find clear answers in addition I don't see any recent reaffirmed cases from Pakistan (but I just may not be using the search engine correctly).  Would anyone be able to tell me the following:

1.  Typically how long does it take USCIS to actually send the package to NVC?  The date of my letter from USCIS about my case being reaffirmed is dated 7/9/18.

2.  It seems once at NVC it isn't there too long...is this correct?

3.  Interview - The most recent post were from 2013 and it looked like Islamabad contacted the beneficiary in regards to the interview date and what was needed.  Is this still the case or does NVC now schedule as they did our first interview?

4.  Administrative Processing before the interview -  The cases I saw in 2013 were in AP for some time before the interview was given (like 6 months or more).  I'm hoping it was just a bad year at the embassy.  Has anyone been through this more recently that can give me more insight?

6.  Medical - does it expire in 6 months or one year?

7.  What can I expect from this second interview?  I'm praying we won't be sent to the "room" a second time.  Other than being sent there our experience was positive.  That part was a tad bit traumatizing..    

Everything so far has happened so fast that I'm not sure what to expect.   I'm very grateful but hoping in continues to move at this rate..

Our interview was 12/13/17

Our case was returned to NVC 1/4/18

USCIS received from NVC 2/23/18

USCIS sent us NOIR 6/4/18

USCIS  confirmed receipt of our rebuttal 6/25/18

USCIS reaffirmed the case 7/9/18

I try to see my husband every 4-6 months.  We were together in at the end of May I know its a long shot but I'm trying to calculate when our interview might be and if I should plan a trip in between.

Thanks in advanced!

~Freda

Hello Freda,

congratulations on your reaffirmed case. Could you please explain why your case was returned to USCIS? My case is currently with USCIS for review since June 25. Tho, my interview was May 3rd and was approved but visa was cancelled due to divorce decree which has been rectified last week. I’m hoping to get a message from USCIS soon. 

Why was your case returned to USCIS? 

What were the documents submitted after you received the NOIR? 

Wishing your spouse the best in his interview.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello Freda,

congratulations on your reaffirmed case. Could you please explain why your case was returned to USCIS? My case is currently with USCIS for review since June 25. Tho, my interview was May 3rd and was approved but visa was cancelled due to divorce decree which has been rectified last week. I’m hoping to get a message from USCIS soon. 

Why was your case returned to USCIS? 

What were the documents submitted after you received the NOIR? 

Wishing your spouse the best in his interview.

My case was returned because the embassy was not convinced of our relationship and my husbands divorce.   I submitted evidence to rebut each claim the embassy gave on the NOIR.  So for example they stated that my husband was still married because his ex wife still carried an id card with his name on it.   So I sent proof that her card was updated from NADRA.  That her marital status was listed as DIVORCED on the confirmation I highlighted the date the document was created which was just a few days from our interview.  I also sent information from USCIS and the embassy's website listing the required documents for divorce (which was what we already submitted) and information about the area my husband lives in and how they are notorious for not updating their registrations.  In addition information from NADRA on how these registrations are updated (in person with Union council certificate NOT automatically when a divorce is given)

Hope that helps!

Timeline

1) When you guys removed his ex wife's name from your husband NADRA records, Did you guys get new ID card of your husband or his ex wife made her new ID card?
2) What is your husband's marital status in NADRA records now? Married or Divorced? (Reason I'm asking is, if he removed his ex wife from there, he should have made new card and updated his status as married as he is married to you)

3) Did you guys get FRC from NADRA as well once he removed his ex wife from his records?
P.S. Inboxed these as well. You can answer here or there. THanks

Edited by rehan120

Timeline
55 minutes ago, rehan120 said:

1) When you guys removed his ex wife's name from your husband NADRA records, Did you guys get new ID card of your husband or his ex wife made her new ID card?
2) What is your husband's marital status in NADRA records now? Married or Divorced? (Reason I'm asking is, if he removed his ex wife from there, he should have made new card and updated his status as married as he is married to you)

3) Did you guys get FRC from NADRA as well once he removed his ex wife from his records?
P.S. Inboxed these as well. You can answer here or there. THanks

1.  My husband had already had his card updated he is listed as married to me.

2.  Married.

3.  Yes we did printed it and sent with rebuttal 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

1.  My husband had already had his card updated he is listed as married to me.

2.  Married.

3.  Yes we did printed it and sent with rebuttal 

1) Your husband card was already updated  ‘Married’ to you before your interview? 

2) If it was already updated Married to you then how did they find out that his ex wife carrying her ID card with his name? Did yiu guys submit her ID card at any stage to USCIS/NVC/Embassy?

Timeline
1 hour ago, rehan120 said:

1) Your husband card was already updated  ‘Married’ to you before your interview? 

2) If it was already updated Married to you then how did they find out that his ex wife carrying her ID card with his name? Did yiu guys submit her ID card at any stage to USCIS/NVC/Embassy?

Possibly because the CNIC is on the divorce documents.   

They have their ways..they are a government office.  

The best and final advice I can give you in regards to this is just make sure your information is up to date, neat and tidy.   What works for one does not always work for another I researched cases for over a  year before our interview.  I have never seen one like ours before.  Someone else can have the same situation but a completely different outcome.  Just be honest and prepare for everything and anything.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Possibly because the CNIC is on the divorce documents.   

They have their ways..they are a government office.  

The best and final advice I can give you in regards to this is just make sure your information is up to date, neat and tidy.   What works for one does not always work for another I researched cases for over a  year before our interview.  I have never seen one like ours before.  Someone else can have the same situation but a completely different outcome.  Just be honest and prepare for everything and anything.

Ok one last question, did your husband had already updated his CNIC about being married to you before Interview? Or he did after interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

My case was returned because the embassy was not convinced of our relationship and my husbands divorce.   I submitted evidence to rebut each claim the embassy gave on the NOIR.  So for example they stated that my husband was still married because his ex wife still carried an id card with his name on it.   So I sent proof that her card was updated from NADRA.  That her marital status was listed as DIVORCED on the confirmation I highlighted the date the document was created which was just a few days from our interview.  I also sent information from USCIS and the embassy's website listing the required documents for divorce (which was what we already submitted) and information about the area my husband lives in and how they are notorious for not updating their registrations.  In addition information from NADRA on how these registrations are updated (in person with Union council certificate NOT automatically when a divorce is given)

Hope that helps!

Yes & thanks! Were you calling USCIS frequently to get your case reviewed? Because from what I can see it took only 4months to review after he got to USCIS. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Yes & thanks! Were you calling USCIS frequently to get your case reviewed? Because from what I can see it took only 4months to review after he got to USCIS. 

I did not call them.  I was going to start around the 6 month mark.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 3:48 AM, pushbrk said:

Action was fast on your case after interview and particularly after the NOIR.  Very fast decision after your response.  Unless somebody comes back with Islamabad specific relevant information on a reaffirmed case, your guess on timing and procedure are as good as anybody's would be.

As for a visit, I would expect the second interview to be no later than October but that too is just an educated guess.

Your educated guess was spot on.  Interview is scheduled for October 23rd.  Thanks for all your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.