nikha

San Jose, CA Field Office

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday!

I still have a pending ROC, so I had hoped for a joint interview.

I went with my husband and son, who was born in the time since I sent in the application.

The first thing the officer said to me was about how we had a problem because of the pending ROC, and how he couldn't adjudicate my n400 case until Roc was resolved.

It was a little confusing, I didn't know if he was going to tackle both or not.

He said that because my husband and son were there, it made things easier and so I wouldn't need much proof of relationship otherwise (Since I am applying for the n400 with the 3 year rule, I needed proof for that application too).

In the end, he said that his supervisor was in a meeting so he couldn't go to them for advice on how to proceed. So based on his own judgement, he conducted both ROC and n400 interviews (Easy enough, didn't ask much. Just added in some travel I did since the time of submitting the form, and my son's details. Took English and civics tests as well).

He then told me he couldn't approve anything because of the ROC, and how the ROC system is very complicated to access. That was basically it.

I take it from his demeanor and reading between the lines that I was approved based on the interview, but he really didn't even tell me that. The sheet of paper he gave me regarding n400 said "a decision cannot be made at this time". This is obviously because he is unable to approve this with a pending ROC.

So now I wait for my case statuses to change. I hope it doesn't take too long, and he is able to approve the ROC! 

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi my processes took 7 months in 2012 but now my husband process is taking longer we send the application 06/29/2018 he went to get his finger print on 07/26/2018 and we are waiting for the interview appointment......

30 minutes ago, Amador said:

Hi my processes took 7 months in 2012 but now my husband process is taking longer we send the application 06/29/2018 he went to get his finger print on 07/26/2018 and we are waiting for the interview appointment......

I believe it's taking more than 10 months to complete the whole process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Status was changed to "in line for oath ceremony"

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

On 11/28/2018 at 12:19 PM, thilimaa said:

Hey!

Thanks for adding my info to the tracker, I appreciate it! Like I said, I didn’t know that there was something specific for SJC out there so I appreciate it! 

Based on other people’s timeline, I’m hoping to get my interview letter soon, but don’t worry, I’ll keep you guys posted, haha! Glad to be back on VJ actively, haha!

Hi, did you hear anything about your interview notice??? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
51 minutes ago, cococandy said:

Hi, did you hear anything about your interview notice??? 

Hey,

No interview notice yet, what about you?

Thiago and Alexis

2 hours ago, thilimaa said:

Hey,

No interview notice yet, what about you?

I haven't got anything yet, either...You should have received interview notice by the end of November based on other applicants' timeline...Sigh...

12 minutes ago, SamMaj said:

I completed the interview today, went very smoothly (10min total), nicest officer I have ever come across. good luck to all. Oath is on 1/17.

Congrats!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, SamMaj said:

I completed the interview today, went very smoothly (10min total), nicest officer I have ever come across. good luck to all. Oath is on 1/17.

Congratulations! Would you like to elaborate more on your experience in terms of questions asked etc etc 

Please update your case Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Shaup Do you have any update in terms of dates on your case that you would like to share with us ?

Please update your case Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, SamMaj said:

Congratulations good for you😀👍SamMaj 

Timeline
On 11/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, thilimaa said:

Hey folks!

I just realized that the forum (no VJ but the topic) existed, haha! My name/info was already added by someone else so thanks! 

I'm still waiting for an interview appointment, let's hope it comes soon!

Thanks!

Hi thilimaa base on the others dates I think you will get your interview appointment before Christmas🌲 ☺you are close☺I am 2 months 1/2 behind.

Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, cococandy said:

I believe it's taking more than 10 months to complete the whole process.

Thank you.  Hope you get your appointment soon it seem like they slow down. People from the beginning of April they went to interview congratulations to them.  But people from the end of the same month are still  waiting for that interview I am getting nervous. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.